🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Scary Hours 3 11.17.23

Again, easily I'd say King Remember in Time is better, but people don't listen to KRIT
mean.gif

Acid Rap is one of the best projects this year. But people don't listen to that either.

LongLiveA$AP was a great album to me, but I know a lot of people would disagree.

Honestly, I'd say there was more replay value to Hall of Fame. Nothing is Stopping You > Tuscan Leather for an intro.
King Remembered In Time is up there but idk...I feel like they shouldn't be compared.

Nothing Is Stopping You might be a top 5 intro of all time in rap period.

Nothing Is Stopping You might be a top 5 intro of all time in rap period.

Top 5 intro of all time? Yikes :lol: but it was awesome. One of my favorite joints on what I felt was an underrated album. It's honestly an incredible record and one of my favorite rap songs ever.

Hell nah, weeknds album was wayy better and I like justin timberlakes too. The main thing JT albums has going for it is production, his voice just isn't that good IMO
Don't tell me you think Weeknd's voice is better than JT's
laugh.gif
.  I still don't see how Kissland is better, there's at least 4 skippable tracks, but 20/20 has only 1, Pusher Love Girl...

Again, easily I'd say King Remember in Time is better, but people don't listen to KRIT :smh:

Acid Rap is one of the best projects this year. But people don't listen to that either.

LongLiveA$AP was a great album to me, but I know a lot of people would disagree.

Honestly, I'd say there was more replay value to Hall of Fame. Nothing is Stopping You > Tuscan Leather for an intro.

King Remembered in Time was such a disappointed compared to 4eva and a day. It was just alright.

I love Acid Rap but that stretch with the Gambino, Bronson, Ab-Soul features is pretty weak. I like favorite song but I couldve done without the bronson and Soul features. Ab-soul had a terrible feature.

LongLiveA$AP I enjoyed but didnt really hold THAT much replay value. Yea a couple tracks but not the album as a whole.

Hall of Fame was just trash imo :lol:

my opinions only

This album was great, production was amazing imo. I dont know how people can say this is boring when this is that ambient sound that 40 and Drake excel at.

Wait.... dude up there said Pusher Love Girl sucked? That was the best song on the album to me....

Hall Of Fame was a great album and LongLiveA$AP were fantastic albums, and I think I might agree on "Nothing is Stopping You" being a more powerful intro than "Tuscan Leather".

Never got into Acid Rap beyond "Favorite Song", but I'll revisit that when I wake up.

I'd agree with those giving Kiss Land the nod over 20/20. Great album, but Kiss Land was literally flawless in my opinion.

NWTS is holding up beautifully after 20+ plays.

Hell nah, weeknds album was wayy better and I like justin timberlakes too. The main thing JT albums has going for it is production, his voice just isn't that good IMO

Don't tell me you think Weeknd's voice is better than JT's :lol: .  I still don't see how Kissland is better, there's at least 4 skippable tracks, but 20/20 has only 1, Pusher Love Girl...

Would of loved a Weeknd track up here, but I don't think he would of really fit on this album.

Last edited:
Kiss Land was definitely a let down but im not even mad he set such a high bar with Trilogy, and 20/20 was very good not great, R&B is so terrible right now it makes 20/20 a little more overrated than it should be imo

im gona need drake to give migos their flow back. been bumping this album heavy i can listen to it straight thru minus the own it track, the jhene joint, and from time.

After learning a lot of the words to the songs I still maintain that this album is better lyrically than people are giving it credit for.

I've only heard Suit and Tie and Mirrors when he performed at the MTV Awards, and I've never heard a song off Kissland

The Krit joint HALL Of Fame were good but they're not touching this and wow at those Nothing Is Stopping You comments

Last edited:
the first tuscan leather beat is terrible. 2003 soundclick status. the third is the only bearable one and by then, i've lost interest in the song.

Son, I've been saying this. That first beat sounds like some **** Cam punted out of the studio in 02-03. The whole time he's yelling and being aggressive but not kicking a single dope lyric. That song is brutal to listen to. I just don't understand why Drake can spit BS and it's lyrical, deep and all that **** but when Gucci spits a similar bar, he's the worst :smh:

After learning a lot of the words to the songs I still maintain that this album is better lyrically than people are giving it credit for.

I've only heard Suit and Tie and Mirrors when he performed at the MTV Awards, and I've never heard a song off Kissland

The Krit joint HALL Of Fame were good but they're not touching this and wow at those Nothing Is Stopping You comments

:wow:

-Can't believe you only listen to rap.

-This album lyrically is as average as it gets. I applaud Drake for being able to make people think he's a lyricists. Every now and then he has a sharp punch but he's full of empty bars.

-Hall of Fame sucked but his intro was lyrically better than anything on this Drake album. LYRICALLY. He painted a picture and it seemed like it was from the heart.

Son, I've been saying this. That first beat sounds like some **** Cam punted out of the studio in 02-03. The whole time he's yelling and being aggressive but not kicking a single dope lyric. That song is brutal to listen to. I just don't understand why Drake can spit BS and it's lyrical, deep and all that **** but when Gucci spits a similar bar, he's the worst :smh:

There is NOTHING and i Mean NOTHING similar to drakes verses on tuscan leather & ANY gucci verses you cannot be serious guy

There is NOTHING and i Mean NOTHING similar to drakes verses on tuscan leather & ANY gucci verses you cannot be serious guy

Like A, B I got your CD, you get an E for eFFort
I piece letters together and get to talkin' reckless

There's one example. I wasn't talking about only that song, the whole album. Drake has bars that sound just like Gucci or Jeezy lyrics to me. Rhyming the same word with the same word :smh:

-This album lyrically is as average as it gets. I applaud Drake for being able to make people think he's a lyricists. Every now and then he has a sharp punch but he's full of empty bars.

-Hall of Fame sucked but his intro was lyrically better than anything on this Drake album. LYRICALLY. He painted a picture and it seemed like it was from the heart.
-Rap is the best form of music period so yeah.
-Being lyrical doesn't only mean having punchlines. Being able to effectively peace words together and establish a connection between you and the listeners also is trait of being lyrical. I hear some of these lyrics and I think to myself man that's real, or its an ideal that I also subscribe too. His ability as a rapper is severely under rated

-difference in opinion on the last one
. Theres a bunch of tracks on here that I think are great lyrically and sincere, of there's anything that Drake is that he's real. He doesn't front in his music, and that's what has gotten him the simp rapper label.

-Rap is the best form of music period so yeah.
-Being lyrical doesn't only mean having punchlines. Being able to effectively peace words together and establish a connection between you and the listeners also is trait of being lyrical. I hear some of these lyrics and I think to myself man that's real, or its an ideal that I also subscribe too. His ability as a rapper is severely under rated

-difference in opinion on the last one
. Theres a bunch of tracks on here that I think are great lyrically and sincere, of there's anything that Drake is that he's real. He doesn't front in his music, and that's what has gotten him the simp rapper label.

Do you dislike anything in rap? I feel like you kind of like it all. You say he's sincere and he doesn't front. I feel like all of his music is a big front. Just my opinion.

HOF was cheeks. It was a rap album for a female audience. Just like Wale's albums, Born Sinner and NWTS. I find more woman that listen to these albums than men.

While I disagree I will say woman are the main people buying albums and supporting artist

It's all opinions but I feel like those artists and their albums are for women. I hear them and the rhymes are soft, beats are pop and radio. Women love their music. Not saying a man can't listen to either but I just feel like their music is for women. As for HOF, you liked it? I think I kept four songs. MILF, Guap, Mona Lisa and the joint with Common. I barely even play those four.

Last edited:
HOF was cheeks. It was a rap album for a female audience. Just like Wale's albums, Born Sinner and NWTS. I find more woman that listen to these albums than men.
I agree except Born Sinner. I don't know why people actually think J. Cole appeals to a wide audience. The people who bought Born Sinner are usually true hip hop heads or soon to be, he's not some kind of emotional rapper who even makes that many songs dedicated to women nor even puts them into the equation. Maybe people think this because he's light skinned.

Back
Top Bottom