🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Scary Hours 3 11.17.23

I'll never forgive this dude for Wu Tang Forever...
mean.gif
You still don't get it? Jeez I meant I understood it after around 3 times hearing the album and really thinking about it

after a few more listens, only really enjoy a handful of tracks.

tuscan leather
furthest thing
too much
pound cake/PMM

Last edited:
I listen to many kinds of music and especially hip hop and I think cudi is garbage if you like him cool but he doesnt have any stand out songs to me besides day and night

i said if u mainly listen to hip hop you wont really feel Cudi like that

most Hip Hop/Rap fans go into Cudi's albums thinking to hear stuff like Day And Night and hooks like Jay-Z's Already Home

when his sound is more indie if anything

Last edited:
See what I don't understand is the reasons you guys don't like Cudi, you laud Drake. You love Drake's vulnerable image. Cudi is that x10 and he does it without sounding like a female.

You like Drake for growing and experimenting with new sounds, but **** on WZRD and Indicud.

You love Drake for rapping and singing....Cudi does both, better.

People were loving all the subliminal homages to Wu-Tang on Wu-Tang Forever. Cudi actually has a song with a Wu member.

Cudi's visuals >>> Drake's

Cudi's commitment to timeless music >> Drake's

Cudi's continued humility through success >>> Drake's

In my honest opinion MOTM I and II are better than Drake's whole body of work.

Cudi experiments with way more flows when he raps. Drake's flows have pretty much stayed the same.

Sooooo why do you guys not like Cud?

I swear some of you guys don't get it :lol:

Did it ever occur to you that YOU are the only one or in the minority who think Cudi has a better committment to timeless music, has better visuals, sings and raps better, etc.

Just because you think this doesn't mean it's right. So how do you "Not Understand" the fact that people don't share the same opinion as you?

i said if u mainly listen to hip hop you wont really feel Cudi like that

most Hip Hop/Rap fans go into Cudi's albums thinking to hear stuff like Day And Night and hooks like Jay-Z's Already Home

when his sound is more indie if anything

This just isn't true. I listen to plenty of Genre's of music. In fact, outside of literally a handful of artist I don't even like listening to Hip-Hop. (Literally Drake, J. Cole, Kendrick Lamar, Jamal Cristopher, Big Sean and YG are the only Artist who I check for whenever they Drop something. I may like a song or two from another artist, but as a whole, those are the only rap artist I actually seriously follow and listen to.)

I would much rather prefer listening to Hunter Hayes, Hot Chelle rae, Plain White T's, Ariana Grande, Weeknd, Frank O, 90's R&B, Taylor Swift, A Rocket To The Moon, Bieber, The Band Perry, and a plethora of others. In my opinion, musically rap is a very limited Genre and has been for a long time, It wasn't until Ye, and really Drake came along that added Melody, Harmony, and vulnerabilty to rap that made it more musical. (I know Lauryn Hill, Bone Thugs, 3 stacks did this too, but I never got into them)

That being said though, when Drake first came on to the scene, Cudi had a lot of noise surrounding him. So I checked him out, and have been checking him out all the way up until WZRD. When he flat out raps, he's cool/whatever. I don't particularly think he's all that, or on Drake's level rapping wise. Singing is a far different story. When I hear Cudi sing, it sounds so bad to me. So much struggle. Like when he sang on Yeezus, it was borderline unbearable to me. That's just me though, obviously there are people who think different, but for me cudi is just overall a poor man's Drake.

Been listening to it pretty much on constant repeat from front to back since it leaked and it could do without maybe 2-3 songs.

Worst Behauvior, 305 To My City, and All Me are my least favorite of the bunch.

I find myself consistently going back to Tuscan Leather, Furthest Thing, From Time, Connect, The Language, and Come Thru. 

Production value is just on point throughout.. 40 and Boi-1da went in. Hudson Mohawke been killing the game for a minute now.. murdered the Connect beat.. that bridge is too good.

The subliminal shots he takes at Kendrick on The Language
pimp.gif

Last edited:
Drake will rap circles around Cudi... EASY.

In this regard, Drake is underrated to me. He's proven on multiple occasions just how great of a rapper he can be.

Drake rapping wise is at his best when he's just spitting about his life, and real life events. (5am, 9am, third verse on Tuscan, Paris Morton Music, The Resistance, Say What's Real, The Calm, etc.) It's when he's aimlessly rapping with no topic or direction that makes me cringe. This is when you get those struggle bars like that "A B C D E Fort" line from the album or "She say i'm just a bone" line from Take Care. He has a few struggle lines on NWTS too

In this regard, Drake is underrated to me. He's proven on multiple occasions just how great of a rapper he can be.

Drake rapping wise is at his best when he's just spitting about his life, and real life events. (5am, 9am, third verse on Tuscan, Paris Morton Music, The Resistance, Say What's Real, The Calm, etc.) It's when he's aimlessly rapping with no topic or direction that makes me cringe. This is when you get those struggle bars like that "A B C D E Fort" line from the album or "She say i'm just a bone" line from Take Care. He has a few struggle lines on NWTS too

So much truth :lol:

And outside of Hyyer, Day N Nite, and MANIAC, Cudi can kick rocks

Also, take MCHG out of the disappointments of the year category that belongs to Yeezus and Excuse My French.

Last edited:
So much truth
laugh.gif

Also, take MCHG out of the disappointments of the year category that belongs to Yeezus and Excuse My French.
You actually put expectations on a dude who uses "HANN" more than actual words?

^Based on every one of his mixtapes since 2006, I had VERY high expectations

Last edited:

So much truth
laugh.gif

i was hating hard on yeezus, but that bish grew on me...

every time i'm liquored up just put that joint on...

Back
Top Bottom