🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Scary Hours 3 11.17.23

I didn't say if you live on the islands. You go to any good Caribbean themed club in the states. They ain't playing Controlla. That sound has never been a wave it's been a staple. Hell Busta is an actual Jamaican not playing one on TV and I wouldn't dare say he brought a wave anywhere.
Why are we juxtaposing drake with "Good Caribbean themed clubs"

In regards to actual mainstream pop rap / r&b, who else was doing that sound before him in recent memory?

Genuine question because I legit don't know

Why they get my guy VP? That seemed random, it always seems random.
Alright lets do this here then:

MBDTF
NWTS
Graduation
TC
LR
CD
IYRT
808's
Views
TLOP
TML
Yeezus

Gotta sit on ML for a while before I rank
NTWS/TC

IYRTITL

Views

MBDTF

TML

Graduation

Yeezus

CD

Pablo

Not enough spaces can describe how low 808's should go. Absolute Weed plate outside of Amazin.

Last edited:
Yeah drake is literally my favorite artist of all time and one of the GOATs in my eyes but Kanye albums are literally the best all time IMO

Jay z **** not even ****** with Kanye. Kanye discography right up there with PAC

Also, when I listen to that last track on the album I can't help but think about when dude retires. **** will definitely be a sad day. ***** changed the game and birthed serval offf springs
I guess but Jay has some great albums to even has this. Sounds pretty bias on your part

All of Drakes albums are better than KanYes albums sans MBDTF. MBDTF might only be better than two of them.

*In My Opinion*
I'm not sure if any of Drakes albums are better than CD and LR
College Dropout wasnt that good to me once I went back and listened to it, I feel like nostalgia carries this especially since MBDTF is better than it. LR used to be my favourite KanYe album but I listened to it a while ago and its a tier below MBDTF for sure.

MBDTF is really only better than Thank Me Later to me, I can go either way with Views at the moment but thats about it.
We see the albums in different light at this age when we revisit those albums.

Those two are still some of the best albums I've heard to date.

I didn't say if you live on the islands. You go to any good Caribbean themed club in the states. They ain't playing Controlla in lieu of actual authentic island music/artists. That sound has never been a wave it's been a staple. Hell Busta is an actual Jamaican not playing one on TV and I wouldn't dare say he brought a wave anywhere. I really wonder where y'all be from where getting introduced to this stuff for the first time is through Drake or that he's creating all these 'waves'.

In regards to actual mainstream pop rap / r&b, who else was doing that sound before him in recent memory?

That ^^^

I swear some of y'all be so ready to hate before you even think critically about the point someone is making.

theres no way you read my question and then responded. Have you ever been to a dancehall club? :lol: the point of the whole **** is for it to NOT be only played in a dancehall club. He CROSSED it over. No one is saying it hasn't been done before but we saying WHAT HIP HOP ARTIST OR RNB ARTIST WAS USING DANCEHALL AND JAMAICAN VIBES RECENTLY???

PLZ DONT TELL ME SEAN PAUL :lol:

We waiting bro

***** acting like we said drake invented dancehall music :lol:

Last edited:
***** said if you live on the islands :rofl: well no ****

But who in the US in hip hop/rnb was using Jamaican vibes in the past 5 years? Where are the hits with that vibe?

Also Do not disturb is the best outro drake has ever done and is automatically top 5 in best songs he's got. **** was too dope

I didn't say if you live on the islands. You go to any good Caribbean themed club in the states. They ain't playing Controlla in lieu of actual authentic island music/artists. That sound has never been a wave it's been a staple. Hell Busta is an actual Jamaican not playing one on TV and I wouldn't dare say he brought a wave anywhere. I really wonder where y'all be from where getting introduced to this stuff for the first time is through Drake or that he's creating all these 'waves'.

I was in Lucia for the Holidays, went to plenty of clubs and parties, they were playing Controlla and One Dance.

Went to a house party in Flatbush and they were running it too.

To some people, it is not that serious, a good song is a good song.

To some people, it is not that serious, a good song is a good song.
In one sentence, I feel like this sums up Drake's entire existence in relation to how he's received 

Taking his upbringing, early beginnings, everything, it's "easy to hate him" but to me he just makes catchy ****. I don't care about all the peripheral stuff (ghostwriting, wave riding, singing, whatever)

What makes him genuine in my eyes is that he doesn't try to be a certain persona. He can make fun of himself and is comfortable

Last edited:

Busta has been sprinkling reggae and island elements on his stuff for a minute. Obviously Sean Paul. It's not like Drake is making entire albums with the theme. It's a couple tracks which is why this whole wave thing is a bit much. Him starting saying 'ting' and 'dem' isn't a wave. The sound itself has been around for a minute and artists dabble in it. Rihanna/Nicki too.

Last edited:
Drake out here thinking he Kofi Kingston. Maybe because I'm fried right now, but these rappers are really having rebuilds like wrestlers smh. I'm Blem for real? Bro you not talking like that in the conversation. Smfh lol I took this too serious

Drake makes good music. I just think a lot of people overrate him and call him a legend and what not.

Busta has been sprinkling reggae and island elements on his stuff for a minute. Obviously Sean Paul. It's not like Drake is making entire albums with the theme. It's a couple tracks which is why this whole wave thing is a bit much. Him starting saying 'ting' and 'dem' isn't a wave. The sound itself has been around for a minute and artists dabble in it. Rihanna/Nicki too.
This is kind of proving my point.

I am in no way saying that the sound itself is new, but if Busta Rhymes and Sean Paul (Who's an actual Dancehall artist) is the best you can come with, then that's my point.

He's from Toronto, it's almost a native thing to speak like this. And none of his contemporaries dabbled in Dancehall at all, so it isn't like there was some tangible precedent for the sound in that regard.

What I tell you. Sean Paul :lol: just stop bro

Tory lanez literally ****** around a copped a hit because drake just put that sound in ppls ears again, Travis Scott copped a song from a dude on Toronto and put it on his album...this is ALL RIGHT after dudes seen the success of controlla x one dance. Tyga, but failed etc

Why wasn't Travis Scott making dancehall songs before? [emoji]129300[/emoji] I wonder

I've learned to distance myself in real life from people who are huge Kanye fans. Just a different breed
You're talking about the stans right?
I have all his albums but I don't have any of the Yeezys or the Kanye clothes and matching Kanye stuff like the clowns at KTT do. Cringe level stuff with some of them over there.

Dude just started speaking like that on Views man. Next you're going to tell me he didn't Shang Tsung Big Sean's flow.

Drake makes good music. I just think a lot of people overrate him and call him a legend and what not.
Yeah, that's all subjective stuff. I personally don't see the point in even debating all that "legend" or "GOAT" talk. If it's enjoyable music to you then that's all that matters IMO

Nobody ever gonna agree on the criteria for rankings in music. Impossible lol

Not a fan of drake but I enjoyed this joint a lot

Pleasantly surprised by Young Thug on here too
This me. Dem chunes jiggs. 
smokin.gif

I love the fake accents 
laugh.gif

Blown no one is feeling Skepta and Giggs. Those were the high points of the project for me

Interesting that the consensus in here seems to be Views was subpar only after Drake himself echoed that sentiment. You were a hater if you said this back in April. 
heh

Drakes my second favourite musician ever at this point, behind Hov which makes him the second best ever in my book.  As far as I'm concerned he's a legend. 

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom