*'11-'12 LAKERS Thread; 41-25* 1st Rd: DEN (go to 1st Rd. Thread)

The tough part about a deadline deal is that if we're in playoff contention Stern still doesn't have much incentive to trade to us and help us streak into the 'offs. He seems hell bent on making Chris' life hell and will probably only hear proposals from lower level teams.

Originally Posted by knightngale

He still has no reasonable explanation for trading Odom to the team that swept the Lakers.

I knew the Gasol deal was a fluke. Dude keeps making terrible moves.

He is crazy if he thinks Gasol+Bynum+Kobe will be serious contenders this year minus Odom and Shannon. Especially if they only add some NBDL scrubs.

LMAO..really? There are only a couple of other teams with a better starting line up then that. Sure we aren't as deep but say pau actually played the way he was supposed to in that second round and weren't not even talking about this.
IMO Dallas isn't going to be as tough as they were last year.

OKC might be better but we have to see.

Spurs are on their last legs.

Memphis will be better but I don't think they will beat us.

Hornets will be garbage.

Denver will take a step back

Portland is done.

Those were the other 7 teams in the playoffs last year. Clippers will be better but come on...I think we have a real good shot in the west. Finals would be hard but lets you never know. This is why we play the games! I believe in this lakers team until I see something on the court that tells me something different. We can't call the season over with before its eve tipped off! 
laugh.gif

How much is rudy fernandez making? I heard dallas is trying to get rid of him and Pau would probably love that. I would love chauncey billups but I'm pretty sure we can't afford him. I just hope we can get a quick guard who can defend. If we do that I think we are ok. 

Originally Posted by MoNeyLiCiouS

The curse of Luke Walton. I can't believe dude will be still be here in 2013 
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Why does it seem like every damn year this dude has 3 years left on his contract?

Use the amnesty on this clown already, or please just retire.
Every team need a scrubby white dude on the bench

Originally Posted by ACBboyz84

Originally Posted by MoNeyLiCiouS

The curse of Luke Walton. I can't believe dude will be still be here in 2013 
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Why does it seem like every damn year this dude has 3 years left on his contract?

Use the amnesty on this clown already, or please just retire.
Every team need a scrubby white dude on the bench
that would be jason kapono this year.

Just to switch gears here...I checked prices for the XMas opener on stubhub...Cot Damn!!

I'm in LA for a week and I was naive enough to think tickets were going to be reasonable in price to buy.  
laugh.gif

tupac003:
IMO Dallas isn't going to be as tough as they were last year.
OKC might be better but we have to see.

Spurs are on their last legs.

Memphis will be better but I don't think they will beat us.

Hornets will be garbage.

Denver will take a step back

Portland is done.

Those were the other 7 teams in the playoffs last year.

Yes, some teams will be worse than they were last year, but by the same measure, other teams will be better than they were last year, and we can't predict who that will be right now.

Oh, OKC is going to be something serious this year, imo.

Mitch's goal is to have a team that can be better than the team that got beat by Dallas.

You just gave away our third best player to the team that swept us in the playoffs.

If we don't get Dwight, explain how our "Big 3" is magically going to be better than we were last year without Odom?

Oh....Suddenly Andrew Bynum isn't an injury prone player? This is news to me. I'm willing to bet most of us know he wont play anywhere near the whole shortened season.

Even if we get Dwight, we have no bench.

The Heat are getting better, Dallas traded away Chandler, but they have Odom now which is going to keep them as contenders.

How are we going to have any chance against teams that are getting better if we don't sign anyone? Not to mention we just gave one of them one of our best players! I don't care how disgruntled he was, since when do the Lakers care about draft picks? We have always cared about the now. They just resigned Odom last year, now they decide it wasn't worth it?

We get Dwight, we have no bench. Fisher is still going to start for us, at least that's what it looks like.

This season has gone down hill before it even started. We were better off not making ANY moves at this point.

Hopefully I wake up tomorrow and there's some better news, because this is some BULL!

I don't expect much anymore, I'm not going to get my hopes up at all of us landing a significant player. If it happens then I'll be ecstatic but until then I guess I'm just happy that Laker Basketball is back. 

Mike_Bresnahan Mike Bresnahan
Why trade Odom? Kupchak: "To have waited 2 or 3 weeks...with Lamar when he’s not at practice, would have sucked energy away from the team."

So from what I've heard Odom went to camp, told Mitch he was done as a Laker, and wouldn't suit up again. How are you guys defending Odom's behavior if that's how it went down?

Dude should have been GONE with Pau and we should have Paul right now. I can't hate on Mitch for dealing someone who told his GM that he wouldn't put on the uniform again. %@%% him. We know Gasol is charmin soft and dude has handled this as a professional. I can't believe we're in this situation right now...

At first i thought Artest came into camp out of shape but dude got jacked. I didn't know Artest played for Mike Brown when Brown was an assistant coach with the Pacers.
Anybody else think Artest will have a good season?

I'm going to catch some heat for this but I was messing with our pieces and Magic pieces and found only 1 scenario where I'd strongly consider trading Bynum & Gasol

Lakers trade: Gasol, Bynum, Blake & Exception from La Machine
Magic trade: D12, Ryan Anderson, Jameer Nelson & Hedo

(Lakers add $400K to salary)

Here's why:
1. Bynum's defense & Gasol's offensive production is cancelled out by D12.
2. Ryan Anderson has a lot of range for a 6' 10" guy, much more than Pau. Averaged 10 & 5 off the bench.. As a starter he will probably be up to 13 & 7. Makes up fro Bynum's offensive production.. So where we lose out is Gasol's defense which is much better than Anderson.
3. We take Hedo's contract, but we would then have solidified #3 (Hedo, World Peace, Barnes is pretty deep), we could then try to pursue a deal with Metta or Barnes maybe a more solid PF and send Anderson with him.
4. We would then have a legitimate starting PG.. Moving Fish to backup where I think he'd actually play tremendously.

Mitch can't even get the Delonte Wests of the world to sign. There is no way he improves the team unless he cuts Walton. 
grin.gif

The Magic seem committed to winning instead of rebuilding (evident by committing $50 million to Big Baby and Jason Richardson), so I doubt they'll give up Ryan Anderson and Jameer Nelson unless there was a clear upgrade.

I still doubt the Lakers will acquire anyone with significance. Mitch will probably sign some scrub players, or a has-been and call it a day. No Dwight, or CP3, so we can put all this "we are looking for a big trade" BS to rest.

Yall don't even get it. This is all in preparation for next year when the machine is coming back to LA and dropping 50 a game.
pimp.gif

I miss you Sasha!!!

Mitch Kupchak Overrated piece of @%@% GM

Just because Memphis @%@ up a few years ago and gave us Gasol that don't mean Kupchake is the real @%

This dude trade Vujacic for two bums name Ratliff and Smith. Trade Farmar for 30 years old Steve freaking blake

At least Vujacic and Farmar bring youth and energy off bench

Now he just traded Odom because he didn't like what Odom said to him ?

If we don't get D12 or a big name all star this season will be consider a failure just like last season

Ain't no way we beat Dallas, athletic OKC and Heat

Originally Posted by frostythepoptart

Yall don't even get it. This is all in preparation for next year when the machine is coming back to LA and dropping 50 a game.
pimp.gif

I miss you Sasha!!!

Lets also bring back Devean George.

[h1]Kupchak, ‘There Could Be More Than One Big Deal’[/h1][h6]December 12, 2011 6:07 PM[/h6]
Share thishttp://4
2 comments

114964600_10.jpg

Jon SooHoo/NBAE via Getty Images

[h5]Filed under[/h5]Lakers, Sports

[h5]Related tags[/h5]Chris Paul, Los Angeles Lakers, Mitch Kupchak

EL SEGUNDO (AP) — Mitch Kupchak feels he got stuck in a quagmire created by the NBA when the Los Angeles Lakers’ disallowed trade for Chris Paul forced the general manager to ship out Lamar Odom in another hasty deal.

Although Kupchak believes the Lakers can emerge from this messy start to training camp with few worries, he isn’t done looking at dramatic ways to upgrade his team in Odom’s absence.

“We are pursuing big deals right now, yes,

Its odd to hear Mitch say that, because he usually keeps things under wraps. So I don't know why he would say something that bold to the media, unless its to keep Lakernation optimistic about our chances to get a big deal done. (Which I doubt will happen)

Damn, I may be in the minority when I say lets give this team a chance. I know losing Odom for nothing sucks, but maybe Bynum developed some more, Gasol and Artest step it up as well as the rookies. If we get Dwight for Bynum + fillers that is nice, but not for both Bynum and Gasol. We lost to the champions, no need to blow up the team.

Back
Top Bottom