*'11-'12 LAKERS Thread; 41-25* 1st Rd: DEN (go to 1st Rd. Thread)

Originally Posted by mjd77

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

@WojYahooNBA Adrian Wojnarowski

League source on killed deal: "...(Stern) wasn't going to let Chris Paul dictate where he wanted to go."

WOW
indifferent.gif

About time Stern grew some balls.   I'm sick of players saying where they will or won't play.

How so? Hornets GM chose Lakers, Paul didn't. 

Originally Posted by MoNeyLiCiouS

Where do they do that at, THO?

I'm sayin.
laugh.gif
I been out so this is my first time hearing about this deal and I kinda think its a good thing it got cancelled. Let's get Dwight. That's some shady sh!# Stern did though.

Lamar was in tears on ESPN radio earlier, son said he though the reality show had something to do with them trading him
eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

To keep a "competitive balance" means CP3 doesn't get traded at all this season, Hornets/NBA try to low-ball him in free agency, and he signs with the Knicks.. Who does NOH get in return? NOBODY.

Making the Hornets an even worse team. Big market/little market who cares.. You want competitive balance Mark Cuban (Who was one of the main complainers) spend your money, and start pursuing player like big markets do. For christ sake he beat the Lakers and then tries to stop them from getting better...

Hornets would be getting a solid core that will be there for 3 years and draft picks.... They wont resign David West, they wont make any moves for FA except fill the roster with 8 scrubs. So in 7 months the team will be without Chris Paul and there is no point of even having a franchise in NO anyway.

Now you wonder why the lockout lasted so long.. It wasn't the player holding things up... It was the owners.

Lakers are in a tough spot now if Pau and Lamar stay on the roster.  It's bad enough that Mike Brown is their head coach.

The whole CP3 going to a 'star studded' team is BS. Lakers were giving up Gasol & Odom, their two biggest stars next to Kobe.

now what's the lakers supposed to do with odom and pau?

!!#+ these owners

So if the owners complained about this trade to LA. What will they do if Paul wants to go to NYK? Will the owners cry to Stern again? 

Originally Posted by Dr Mantis Toboggan

Originally Posted by pdouly33

Yeah, stupid free agency. 
indifferent.gif

I'm not talking about that.  I'm talking about players in the last year of a deal who force the small market franchises to accommodate their trade demands or threaten to walk as a FA and the team gets nothing.  At the rate it's going you might as well contract every team except NY, LA, Miami, and Chicago.

It's called leverage. Were you up in arms when the owners of those small market teams tried to cancel the season in an attempt to force the players back to the bargaining table? If you have leverage, strike while the iron's hot. We live in a capitalist society. Let CP3 cook.

In the grand scheme of things I don't have a problem with it, but I just don't think it's good for the league as a whole.  There's a reason a big chunk of the teams are losing money.  Nobody wants to win a championship the old fashioned way anymore.  Everyone wants the instant gratification.

%$@@ man. I loved the idea of having CP3 on the roster.
If we can't get Paul, we need to get Howard and somehow acquire D.Will.

Lakers should come back tomorrow..

Offer Pau & Odom straight up for CP3 and David West who would be a sign and trade... Effectively the same deal for the Lakers either way.

Hell it could be easier Pau & Odom for CP3 and Okafor. Deal works out financially and helps Hornets as well...

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Lakers are in a tough spot now if Pau and Lamar stay on the roster.  It's bad enough that Mike Brown is their head coach.

True. Pau is already soft as tissue paper.

Does Dwight not want to stay in Orlando?  Pretty much everything their GM did the last couple of years has backfired on them so I might be a little salty if I was him.

Originally Posted by Dr Mantis Toboggan

I'm not talking about that.  I'm talking about players in the last year of a deal who force the small market franchises to accommodate their trade demands or threaten to walk as a FA and the team gets nothing.  At the rate it's going you might as well contract every team except NY, LA, Miami, and Chicago.

It's called leverage. Were you up in arms when the owners of those small market teams tried to cancel the season in an attempt to force the players back to the bargaining table? If you have leverage, strike while the iron's hot. We live in a capitalist society. Let CP3 cook.

In the grand scheme of things I don't have a problem with it, but I just don't think it's good for the league as a whole.  There's a reason a big chunk of the teams are losing money.  Nobody wants to win a championship the old fashioned way anymore.  Everyone wants the instant gratification.
What is "the old fashioned way?' The era of players being drafted and growing as a team are long gone; as much as the players want instant gratification, the owners might actually be worse. They are quick to fire a coach when things go south, so without the security blanket of job security, coaches won't develop young players. This "win now at all costs" mentality leads to teams overpaying proven free agents, which got the NBA in this whole mess in the first place. For things to go back to the old glory days, owners will have to give coaches longer leashes, and the NBA might have to retract a few teams. The older teams were great because they grew together, but they were also better because the talent was only distributed among 22 teams.
Sorry for rambling; I'm typing out thoughts before getting back to the books.

Originally Posted by Essential1

To keep a "competitive balance" means CP3 doesn't get traded at all this season, Hornets/NBA try to low-ball him in free agency, and he signs with the Knicks.. Who does NOH get in return? NOBODY.

Making the Hornets an even worse team. Big market/little market who cares.. You want competitive balance Mark Cuban (Who was one of the main complainers) spend your money, and start pursuing player like big markets do. For christ sake he beat the Lakers and then tries to stop them from getting better...

Hornets would be getting a solid core that will be there for 3 years and draft picks.... They wont resign David West, they wont make any moves for FA except fill the roster with 8 scrubs. So in 7 months the team will be without Chris Paul and there is no point of even having a franchise in NO anyway.

Now you wonder why the lockout lasted so long.. It wasn't the player holding things up... It was the owners.
x2.

Hornets came up on this deal, now they're going to be left with nothing and CP3 will be wearing a jersey for a big market team.

Does Dwight not want to stay in Orlando?  Pretty much everything their GM did the last couple of years has backfired on them so I might be a little salty if I was him.

He hints at leaving multiple times... Otis is actually a decent GM, just some of his moves don't entirely pan out the way they should have.

This is some BS...they are violating free trade. They should have never interfered with that franchise in the beginning.

If Melo can do it, you cannot stop CP from doing it. I can't see anyway they can hold this trade up. F the other owners.

cp3 is gonna end up going somewhere else when he is a free agent anyway..........

really really want dwight though.

Back
Top Bottom