2009: BUY GOLD. NOW.

w6xzm8.jpg

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

Dunno about you, but I don't believe Dey Know Yayo is only 19.

why is that so hard to believe? dude obviously has a passion for this subject. when i was his age i had interest in other things.

i dont see why he would lie about his age. but w/e

Below is something I posted in another thread a week or so ago. The OP was asking what the best way to purchase bullion. I support what the OP in this threadis saying to an extent. I think gold is going to continue to rise in price, but I'm not sure about $10,000/oz. in 2012. That just seems too meteoric of arise compared to what I've seen over the years....but you never know...as they says, "times are a changin'."

BTW...as of last night, gold is currently at $880.00/oz., silver is $11.33/oz., and platinum is at $931.00/oz.

As for the question by OP, the best way to purchase bullion is by purchasing American coins because their purity and weights are guaranteed by the government...aka...the best authenticity you can get. For bullion purposes (aka...market value and not collectible value), the best ones are recent American Eagles...both gold and silver. You can purchase them individually or in full rolls for a little over current market value from the mint at usmint.gov and from any reputable numismatist (coin dealer) in your city. The mint also recently started the American Gold Buffalo program which is purer gold content (.999 24 karat gold) than that of the American Eagles (.9167 22 karat gold). Of course, they're going to run you a little more, but you're getting the purest gold available. If you're into bullion only, don't bother purchasing proof versions, the uncirculated versions are cheaper and have the same market value. If you want to get crazy, the mint also offers platinum bullion coins. Hope this helps.

Oh and as for where I purchased mine, I own 2 one ounce Buffalo Gold coins that I purchased directly from the mint in 06. I also own a 5 rolls of silver Eagles that I've purchased over the years at a local coin shows from dealers. I also have a 1/10 ounce platinum eagle that I purchased from the mint as well.

DKY: how much cash did you start out with before you made all that money? just wonderin cause I have money sittin on the sidelines and not that i could makethat kind of cash but im wondering if you made $600,000 starting out with 500,000 or 50,000 because thats a huge difference. anyways, just seein what kind ofpercent increase you are talkin about here

Originally Posted by Dey Know Yayo

belle155- i started originally with $8500, worked my way up eventually to $600,000.

you a child prodigy my man?

edit: props on that link you posted too. thats crazy.

after reading that piece on gata i gotta give props
6 figures? wow man. good stuff.
im using my savings (just under 3k)
and getting a 3.2 troy ounce of gold
doesn't seem like much but thats all i have now..
Do you have any idea how much time is left to purchase gold before it gets to where its impossible to get some?

Yayo, do you see any correlation between your theory and the surge in "gold parties", "sell your gold informercials", etc., etc. in thelast year? Or is this just coincidence?

usually those commercials are a good contrarian indicator... for example, when those real estate "fiip houses for free profit" commercials startedpopping up, it was obvious that the real estate bubble was abot to collapse. but this is a different scenario because gold has been kept artificiallyundervalued for years and the fundamentals are getting stronger by the day

good luck to everyone this new years. Alot of peeps here dont realize that a lot of people who grind still are normal peeps. I havent made the amount that deyknow has but live pretty good. yah need to take his adive and do your own work on his thoughts. theres alot of peeps on nt thatknow thier business, so use itto expand your knowledge. Im still not going with the thought of liquidating your IRA though. But gold should be a good investment for 09.

i would liquidate your IRA immediately. either the market's going to go a lot lower or the Fed won't allowit but in doing so will effectively devaluethe dollar.

either your profits will get smaller or the dollars you get your profits in will be worth a lot less.

either way, it is very unlikely your IRA is going to beat inflation in the next five years, unless you stay in mining stocks and time everything flawlessly.

yo dey know yayo thanks for the info on the chart patterns. im really getting into it. im thinking about investing in silver as well do you think thats a wisechoice?

silver is good but it has more industrial use than gold so it faces headwinds in that regard. nothings better than gold.

Back
Top Bottom