2009: BUY GOLD. NOW.

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

Originally Posted by thagreatj

I have an ira and and i am able to buy stocks and all that. i invested in a fidelity freedom fund that was suppose to "mature" and be right in like 2045. i lost a 1000 of the 3 that i put into it and got out of it cause i felt i couldnt continue to lose. today just lookin at stocks, i went to purchase and it ask me order type with the options (market order, limit order, stop loss, stop limit, limit order, and a few other things)

all i really want to do is buy some stocks (in this case gold) and obviously make some money, but truly just want to diversify cause all my money is cash.

i thought open an ira would get me compounding interest untill its time for me to retire and live off that. well it appears to be more than that.

if anyone can help me out with the order type, and possibly help me with my particular situations, i would appreciate it. and if its one of those things where its too time consumin or you are just gonna tell me to read, ill paypal $5 for your time and effort explaining.
Don't jump into it blind.
Honestly, old timers make easy money from new investors like yourself going in with no direction/philosophy.

Put your money into a 3 or 6 ,9 (whatever you wish )month CD and start reading up on how the market works and basic technical data.
When you feel comfortable enough to invest a bit here and a bit there than go for it. If you're only looking to invest/trade in gold related stocks than research that sector.
I would suggest putting your funds in an online high yield savings account instead of a CD for now. The APY for these online savings account beatout most CD's interest rates on the market (around 3% right now,) and although variable, they are virtually 100% liquid, few restrictions, while with a CDyou're out of luck in an emergency or if an opportunity comes your way until the vesting date.

But ya, take some time to study up a bit, that's what I'm doing myself. I think most of us, the average middle class working citizen, just wants tohedge their net worth amidst this economic crisis. 2009 and beyond will be a very interesting few years.One thing that is certain is we will experienceheightened inflation, no need to speculate that.

In a period of hyperinflation, obviously those whose net assets are cash sitting liquid or those who rely on fixed income receivables (retired people w/pensions) will be the most hurt.

In a period of hyperinflation, if you can time it right, acquiring debt (fixed) to acquire an asset (home) right before the hyperinflation trend begins andhits hard is ideal.

These are the things that are going through my head right now.....

Originally Posted by DC SOUNDS

I have an ira and and i am able to buy stocks and all that. i invested in a fidelity freedom fund that was suppose to "mature" and be right in like 2045. i lost a 1000 of the 3 that i put into it and got out of it cause i felt i couldnt continue to lose. today just lookin at stocks, i went to purchase and it ask me order type with the options (market order, limit order, stop loss, stop limit, limit order, and a few other things)

all i really want to do is buy some stocks (in this case gold) and obviously make some money, but truly just want to diversify cause all my money is cash.

i thought open an ira would get me compounding interest untill its time for me to retire and live off that. well it appears to be more than that.

if anyone can help me out with the order type, and possibly help me with my particular situations, i would appreciate it. and if its one of those things where its too time consumin or you are just gonna tell me to read, ill paypal $5 for your time and effort explaining.
Honestly, old timers make easy money from new investors like yourself going in with no direction/philosophy.

Put your money into a 3 or 6 ,9 (whatever you wish )month CD and start reading up on how the market works and basic technical data.
When you feel comfortable enough to invest a bit here and a bit there than go for it. If you're only looking to invest/trade in gold related stocks than research that sector.
I would suggest putting your funds in an online high yield savings account instead of a CD for now. The APY for these online savings account beat out most CD's interest rates on the market (around 3% right now,) and although variable, they are virtually 100% liquid, few restrictions, while with a CD you're out of luck in an emergency or if an opportunity comes your way until the vesting date.

But ya, take some time to study up a bit, that's what I'm doing myself. I think most of us, the average middle class working citizen, just wants to hedge their net worth amidst this economic crisis. 2009 and beyond will be a very interesting few years.One thing that is certain is we will experience heightened inflation, no need to speculate that.

In a period of hyperinflation, obviously those whose net assets are cash sitting liquid or those who rely on fixed income receivables (retired people w/ pensions) will be the most hurt.

In a period of hyperinflation, if you can time it right, acquiring debt (fixed) to acquire an asset (home) right before the hyperinflation trend begins and hits hard is ideal.

wawaweewa

Im just lookin to put my money in somethin that is secure and bring in some sort of return. i was a lil naive just sayin gold and attemptin to go wit that butat a point (how i feel anyway) where i got to put my money some where instead of just being in cash reserves.

DC SOUNDS

I actually have an online savings account. man it went from 5.25% to like 2.75% now. Its so much better than earning a few cents through BOA.

A cd might be my best bet, but i just want my money that i put into my ira to accumulate and grow without even thinkin about it. ... Like a secure way thatwill earn me a better return that the typical 3% inflation, and i guess even higher inflation thats occurin now.
nerd.gif

man, I don't think I'mma read anything past that 3rd page... but either way I win. wait 3 years to bet you that gold will hit $10,000 an oz? and lose$50k(but in actuality gain over 32 million, not a typo, yes I earn 32 million dollars if that happens) get serious, ghost? I was in St. Barts gettin smarteatin gelatin bars.

the last 45 hours or so has been a blur. first class from LAX to MIA then private from MIA to St. Barths.....I don't peep NT out on my phone becauseit's not easy to. but y'all are thirsty for drama.
understand wherever you are in life or how ill your predictions are from charts or patterns, NOTHING IS GUARANTEED. it's just speculation and I don'tjudge by age or anything. Cali is for sure to have a BIG earthquake soon... I can bet someone a million cash that we'll have a 6.0 quake in the next 3years because of studies and such. it's silly. I hope it happens(the gold goin up that high) but it's very doubtful. Watch what happens if it hits$1,500 an oz.(let alone $10k an oz) EVERY SINGLE JEWELRY STORE on earth will go bankrupt. you have to understand this. @ $850 + an oz right now, it's badfor business. Hence why Zahir aka 1INABILLION made that comment. this is what I do for a living, this is what keeps me in R8's and M5's and eatingwell. I'm not gambling or speculating, I live this everyday, so it's to my benefit. I'm just saying, I don't care if you made $20 million inreal estate like my friend Eric Elegado did in the past 5 years.... he DID not expect the market to be this bad and of course it's getting worse. Bro couldyou imagine if gas was $23 a gallon here in the US? THERE WOULD BE NOTHING BUT BICYCLES ON THE ROADS. I know oil and gold are 2 totally different things, butif affects a LOT of people in my line of business that I deal with day to day.... a lot more then you think as far as gold goes. I remember buying gold at $250an oz, I remember recently buying gold at $500 an oz from a jeweler who needed cash asap! I turned it into $500k instantly, within 72 hours. If it's thateasy, you are basically telling me I will be retiring by 2010 bro. At this point ,I've figured out how much I need with interest in the lowest riskoption/bank to live my exact lifestyle without working another day in my life until I reach 68(thats if I make it that far due to all the drugs I've done)its just under $10,000,000 so please believe I wish this happens.

I dont think 10K is an accurate number, and Ben is exactly right about the Jewelry stores, no way any of them could keep afloat if that were to happen.

Side note, St. Barths for the New Year
smh.gif
smokin.gif
being envious of another person isnt my style but id be lying if i didnt say im a little jealous of a quickfirst class / private jet combo down to St. Barths for the New Year

I would suggest putting your funds in an online high yield savings account instead of a CD for now. The APY for these online savings account beat out most CD's interest rates on the market (around 3% right now,) and although variable, they are virtually 100% liquid, few restrictions, while with a CD you're out of luck in an emergency or if an opportunity comes your way until the vesting date.

But ya, take some time to study up a bit, that's what I'm doing myself. I think most of us, the average middle class working citizen, just wants to hedge their net worth amidst this economic crisis. 2009 and beyond will be a very interesting few years.One thing that is certain is we will experience heightened inflation, no need to speculate that.

In a period of hyperinflation, obviously those whose net assets are cash sitting liquid or those who rely on fixed income receivables (retired people w/ pensions) will be the most hurt.

In a period of hyperinflation, if you can time it right, acquiring debt (fixed) to acquire an asset (home) right before the hyperinflation trend begins and hits hard is ideal.

That's somewhat true about online savings accounts but they're not as liquid as you think.
You have to fax them or call in your request to withdraw funds and then wait the requisite number of however many days to get that check. It's a hugeinconvenience if something comes up as opposed to a brick and mortar bank where you can just go in 6 days out of the week and withdraw your capital.

lol 19 year old and too ambitious, don't be afraid to fall back and stack your chips because your looking kinda naive right now

That's somewhat true about online savings accounts but they're not as liquid as you think.
You have to fax them or call in your request to withdraw funds and then wait the requisite number of however many days to get that check. It's a huge inconvenience if something comes up as opposed to a brick and mortar bank where you can just go in 6 days out of the week and withdraw your capital.
with the one i got, its linked to my everyday checking and i request money (just like paypal) and have it in my account in 3 days.

yea im most def long on abx, i wish i would have picked up more shares when it was <25, what do yall think about gspg?

Originally Posted by Dey Know Yayo

belle155- i started originally with $8500, worked my way up eventually to $600,000.
You sure that's the entire story? Is there a partnet/partners? A Firm?

I'm not calling it either way; ducktales or not. It's just that a) I'm a skeptical person by nature and b) with various family members in the business I've been around those who've been around long enough to see what different returns look like.

Also, it's just odd to me that you're still enrolled at school because with your returns you could drop out and get a job at almost any desk or you can just keep on trading solo.
Was this your site before the current one? http://dormroomderivatives.wordpress.com/http://dormroomderivatives.wordpress.com/ ; Seems odd to me making the returns that you did that you'd be peddling $5 and $20 reports.

Don't take this the wrong way. I'm just skeptical.
+@!#. I want you to prove my skepticism wrong.
I'll throw you some nice change, you can take a healthy cut, and I'll take my returns.
laugh.gif

I mean god knows we've seen Ben Baller's cars and Jewelry many times. Ben's Jewelery is nice though...and that M5 too.
Can we get something to substantiate the claims made.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
...wawaweewa seems to be spitting some knowledge...

I've been following this thread for a while, and listening to OP's claims for quite a bit as well and I can't help but be skeptical myself.

First thing is the fact that OP claims to have made $600,000 from an initial investment of $8,500. Though i don't doubt the possibility of such returns,pardon me if I am a bit wary. Someone your age would most def. have flaunted his success a bit--word to Ben Balla. I just find it odd that we haven't seenanything to substantiate your claims and or winnings.
usually those commercials are a good contrarian indicator... for example, when those real estate "fiip houses for free profit" commercials started popping up, it was obvious that the real estate bubble was abot to collapse. but this is a different scenario because gold has been kept artificially undervalued for years and the fundamentals are getting stronger by the day
Second point of skepticism has to do with urgency underlying your "language" and the call for US to by gold.

Regardless of what the so-called fundamentals are saying, it seems to me like you're doing exactly what these "flip houses for profitcommercials" did. I would go so far as to say that you are, in some way or another, well positioned to reap profits from gold regardless of whether itFALLS or increases. And as odd as it may seem, considering the urgency with which you're "riling" up the NT troops to invest in Gold, I honestlythink the latter former is about to happen.

Additionally, lets be honest, we are humans and it's no secret that as humans, we're exceptionally selfish above all other organisms on this planet. Ifyou were really cognizant of something big happening in the horizon, I would think you would keep all that info to yourself so as to reap the greater share ofprofits for yourself. That's proper business warfare/tactics is it not?

If you have insider information, on the market, that things are about to go UP UP UP, you're interest and pockets would be best served if you kept ishh toyourself rather than letting everyone in on the info. Conversely, however, if you had info that the market was about to TANK TANK TANK, your interest andpockets would be best served by getting as many suckers as possible (NTLK perhaps) to invest blindly into the market-(commodity bubble anyone)-and with youalready well positioned with your shorts--reap profits when the ishhh blows up again.

Wawawee already pointed out--if you're really this good, why are you in school paying tuition and going to classes everyday. If you clearly have thisamazing talent for turning profits--YOU DON'T NEED TO BE IN SCHOOL. I'm in school because i still need to discover what I'm good at and in theevent my talents are nonexistent, I can at least say I went to college and have a better chance than the high school drop-out at securing employment. Someonewho has reaped $600,000 from $8,500, and is still in school, sends red flags for me.

Finally--my fellow NT brethren, one thing ya'll have to remember is the fact that this is all nothing but legalized GAMBLING. Furthermore, this game hasalways been rigged in favor of the rich. So regardless of what some fundamentals or charts or candles say--chances are you were put in a position to losebefore you even bet your hand. I've been in this "GAME" (and that's exactly what it is) for a few months now and I've come to understandthat the only thing that guarantees profits is TIME and nothing else. All these billionaires/multi millionaires y'all aspire to be did not get rich off"stock-market-quick-rich-schemes". They had to be patient and persevere through massive losses (recessions and depression). The few that achievedfame and fortune fairly quickly did so by reeling in "fools" with their quicksilver tongues.

Remember, dude is a SPECULATOR and nothing more. Sure he sounds professional and astute (and dare I say, shrewd) with his fancy esoteric business rhetoric but,it's all part of the GAME. Lets start talking about Population Evolution, Immunology, Microbiology, Virology, and any of that science crap and I can bequite impressive myself...

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Speculate- to form a theory or conjecture about a subject without firm evidence[/color]

If you have eyes of your own, use it--don't follow blindly--no chart in the world can contradict this maxim.

That's my analysis.

I don't get all the skeptics in here. Even if everyone in this thread put $20k into the market today, I'm sure it would have pretty much 0 effect onthe market. The institutional traders are the ones who move markets, not shoeheads with a few grand.

nerd.gif
wawaweewa wrote:

belle155- i started originally with $8500, worked my way up eventually to $600,000.

I'm not calling it either way; ducktales or not. It's just that a) I'm a skeptical person by nature and b) with various family members in the business I've been around those who've been around long enough to see what different returns look like.

Also, it's just odd to me that you're still enrolled at school because with your returns you could drop out and get a job at almost any desk or you can just keep on trading solo.
Was this your site before the current one? http://dormroomderivatives.wordpress.com/http://dormroomderivatives.wordpress.com/http://dormroomderivatives.wordpress.com/ ; Seems odd to me making the returns that you did that you'd be peddling $5 and $20 reports.

I'll throw you some nice change, you can take a healthy cut, and I'll take my returns.
laugh.gif

I mean god knows we've seen Ben Baller's cars and Jewelry many times. Ben's Jewelery is nice though...and that M5 too.

very good point...........

i dunno why when it comes to NT i believe everybody
laugh.gif
i give everybodybenefit of the doubt.

and seriously OP if you are right mr baller would be a very rich man like he said so hell he would want you to be right it is what he does for a living.

nerd.gif
DKY

care to respond to wawaweewa

Originally Posted by lurkin2long

nerd.gif
wawaweewa wrote:

Was this your site before the current one? http://dormroomderivatives.wordpress.com/http://dormroomderivatives.wordpress.com/http://dormroomderivatives.wordpress.com/http://dormroomderivatives.wordpress.com/ ; Seems odd to me making the returns that you did that you'd be peddling $5 and $20 reports.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
i give everybody benefit of the doubt.

and seriously OP if you are right mr baller would be a very rich man like he said so hell he would want you to be right it is what he does for a living.

nerd.gif
DKY

I'm not out to defend anybody, but if gold were going to go $10,000, ben baller would not be that rich because gold going that high would be aresult of inflation. So if ben did make 32 mill off it, it's still a lot but i won't have the buying power that it does today.

You have to fax them or call in your request to withdraw funds and then wait the requisite number of however many days to get that check. It's a huge inconvenience if something comes up as opposed to a brick and mortar bank where you can just go in 6 days out of the week and withdraw your capital.
with the one i got, its linked to my everyday checking and i request money (just like paypal) and have it in my account in 3 days.
Oh, that's cool. Did you get locked into the rate a while ago? Rates across the board are #%!%. Here in the NE Astoria Federal Bank had a4.06% 12 month and a 3.25% 3 mont liquid CD so I jumped on that quick before the rate cut to 0 by the Fed. The day after their offerings fell by 1% across theboard.

For me 3 days is still too long.
laugh.gif
It is ones money after all, not thebanks.
For others who aren't as risk averse in that department it's prob. a good deal; on par with CD's now but a bit more liquid.

Originally Posted by reigndrop

Originally Posted by lurkin2long

nerd.gif
wawaweewa wrote:

Was this your site before the current one? http://dormroomderivatives.wordpress.com/http://dormroomderivatives.wordpress.com/http://dormroomderivatives.wordpress.com/http://dormroomderivatives.wordpress.com/http://dormroomderivatives.wordpress.com/ ; Seems odd to me making the returns that you did that you'd be peddling $5 and $20 reports.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
i give everybody benefit of the doubt.

nerd.gif
DKY

I'm not out to defend anybody, but if gold were going to go $10,000, ben baller would not be that rich because gold going that high would be a result of inflation. So if ben did make 32 mill off it, it's still a lot but i won't have the buying power that it does today.

If gold goes to 10k there won't be a US dollar. Nor much of a global economy for many years.
In that world Ben would be very wealthy.

Gold is never a bad investment long term (20, 30, 50 years , ....). Total Fiat currencies always have problems. It's a given.
Natural resources are still the backbone of human existence.

Originally Posted by nicefro

I don't get all the skeptics in here. Even if everyone in this thread put $20k into the market today, I'm sure it would have pretty much 0 effect on the market. The institutional traders are the ones who move markets, not shoeheads with a few grand.
I'm not skeptical of OP's advice on Gold. It's hardly bad advice.
I'm skeptical of his claim of being up 500%+ in a year's time. Just skeptical, that is all. Is it possible? Yes.

why does Dey Know have to prove anything to NT?
grin.gif

did you follow any of his stock tips from the sidelines through a virtual stock market or anything?

besides the gold thing, has anything else he has said been proven false. Its obvious he knows his stuff.

NT loves run people off the board
grin.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by SuperAntigen

First thing is the fact that OP claims to have made $600,000 from an initial investment of $8,500. Though i don't doubt the possibility of such returns, pardon me if I am a bit wary. Someone your age would most def. have flaunted his success a bit--word to Ben Balla. I just find it odd that we haven't seen anything to substantiate your claims and or winnings.
Additionally, lets be honest, we are humans and it's no secret that as humans, we're exceptionally selfish above all other organisms on this planet. If you were really cognizant of something big happening in the horizon, I would think you would keep all that info to yourself so as to reap the greater share of profits for yourself. That's proper business warfare/tactics is it not?

If you have insider information, on the market, that things are about to go UP UP UP, you're interest and pockets would be best served if you kept ishh to yourself rather than letting everyone in on the info. Conversely, however, if you had info that the market was about to TANK TANK TANK, your interest and pockets would be best served by getting as many suckers as possible (NTLK perhaps) to invest blindly into the market-(commodity bubble anyone)-and with you already well positioned with your shorts--reap profits when the ishhh blows up again.

Wawawee already pointed out--if you're really this good, why are you in school paying tuition and going to classes everyday. If you clearly have this amazing talent for turning profits--YOU DON'T NEED TO BE IN SCHOOL. I'm in school because i still need to discover what I'm good at and in the event my talents are nonexistent, I can at least say I went to college and have a better chance than the high school drop-out at securing employment. Someone who has reaped $600,000 from $8,500, and is still in school, sends red flags for me.

none of these are that good of a point, got people triple quoting you on

1) after takes he made like 300-450k, depending on life expenses, taxes, and other stuff. So he is supposed to just to a club and make it rain to prove hisearnings? buy a Range just for NT?
grin.gif

2) there are financial anaylsts on TV giving out tips, no one is telling them to shut-up. I mean dude is giving out free tips. He never said go in blindly. Healways said learn the fundamentals then invest. The advice on gold is good, but his price points are up to debate. gold > paper money.

3) why can't my dude get his degree and get paper? Its not like hes Derrick Rose debating on whether to stay at Memphis another year. Being on the computerfor a few hours out the day analyzing the markets will only help in the class room.

NT doubts for no reason.

not with ING Direct

what i don't understand with the skeptics is, we know the USD value will drop. so for people recommending CD's, savings accounts, etc., are you sureyou want your money in USD? at least diversify. just seems like you're lying down on the tracks waiting for the train to come.

Back
Top Bottom