2009: BUY GOLD. NOW.

why does Dey Know have to prove anything to NT?
grin.gif

did you follow any of his stock tips from the sidelines through a virtual stock market or anything?

besides the gold thing, has anything else he has said been proven false. Its obvious he knows his stuff.

NT loves run people off the board
grin.gif
smh.gif

A good salesman also knows his stuff...that's what makes someone a good salesman.

1) after takes he made like 300-450k, depending on life expenses, taxes, and other stuff. So he is supposed to just to a club and make it rain to prove his earnings? buy a Range just for NT?
grin.gif

2) there are financial anaylsts on TV giving out tips, no one is telling them to shut-up. I mean dude is giving out free tips. He never said go in blindly. He always said learn the fundamentals then invest. The advice on gold is good, but his price points are up to debate. gold > paper money.

3) why can't my dude get his degree and get paper? Its not like hes Derrick Rose debating on whether to stay at Memphis another year. Being on the computer for a few hours out the day analyzing the markets will only help in the class room.

NT doubts for no reason.
He's a sophomore in college, I am a senior in college--believe me, the expenses are not that great.Furthermore, it's quite hard to believe that he has made all this money and he hasn't splurged a lil and shown off for NKTLK to convince that he is thetruth. Not that he has to, but because it's human nature--especially if you're in college. The dude said he like jordans and dunks--if he truly does,then he is not above or immune to the consumerism he often references in his articles. Even if he only made 300-400K, what's 70K on a BMW orRange...
eyes.gif
eyes.gif

You're def. not on to game if you're credulous enough to believe that financial analysts on tv are giving youthe best, Grade A, prime cut advice on stocks/market options. Like i said in my previous post, business is about making profits. You reduce those very sameprofits by diluting a market...

Reread everything I said. You clearly challenge my doubt but I find it even more interesting that you don't actuallyrefute what I am saying...everything I said is unbiased...that's a fact--not speculative.

DON'T FOLLOW BLINDLY IF YOU HAVE EYES OF YOUR OWN...

Originally Posted by tmukg21

grin.gif

did you follow any of his stock tips from the sidelines through a virtual stock market or anything?

besides the gold thing, has anything else he has said been proven false. Its obvious he knows his stuff.

grin.gif
smh.gif
He doesn't have to prove anything. It's just better if he does.
Since when are 500%+ percent gains to be taken at face value? It's only rational to at least ask .

OP may come in here in 5 min and prove me dead wrong. That's all right. I'll congratulate him.
what i don't understand with the skeptics is, we know the USD value will drop. so for people recommending CD's, savings accounts, etc., are you sure you want your money in USD? at least diversify. just seems like you're lying down on the tracks waiting for the train to come.
I recommended CD's in the short term to a poster who was working with 3k in that particular situation and wanted to dive blind into themarket.
There are no guarantees in the market. It's a dangerous place. Very intelligent folks have made millions and then lost millions. The average life of atrader is around 5 years. That's it. it's not an easy way of life.
Some here think that you put 1k into the market and in a few years time you'll have 1m. It doesn't work that way.
One of the main reasons that the big players make money consistently is that they 're on the inside and engage in manipulation and are privy to othermanipulators. A lot of them aren't geniuses nor great traders. Take away their connections and they'll barely make 5% returns year over year.

Very few people, if any, are disputing his claim that gold is a sound investment and store of value in these times. Very few people are disputing the claimthat gold may hit $2000 by the end of the year. I think gold may trade at 1300-1500 mid year. After that? Depends what happens. $2000 is a rational deduction.

People here are skeptical of the 10k/oz claim by 2012. If it ever hits 10k USD the least of people's worries willbe owning gold unless you also own plenty of firearms and high explosives.

Originally Posted by SuperAntigen

grin.gif

grin.gif
smh.gif
A good salesman also knows his stuff...that's what makes someone a good salesman.

1) after takes he made like 300-450k, depending on life expenses, taxes, and other stuff. So he is supposed to just to a club and make it rain to prove his earnings? buy a Range just for NT?
grin.gif

2) there are financial anaylsts on TV giving out tips, no one is telling them to shut-up. I mean dude is giving out free tips. He never said go in blindly. He always said learn the fundamentals then invest. The advice on gold is good, but his price points are up to debate. gold > paper money.

3) why can't my dude get his degree and get paper? Its not like hes Derrick Rose debating on whether to stay at Memphis another year. Being on the computer for a few hours out the day analyzing the markets will only help in the class room.

NT doubts for no reason.
He's a sophomore in college, I am a senior in college--believe me, the expenses are not that great. Furthermore, it's quite hard to believe that he has made all this money and he hasn't splurged a lil and shown off for NKTLK to convince that he is the truth. Not that he has to, but because it's human nature--especially if you're in college. The dude said he like jordans and dunks--if he truly does, then he is not above or immune to the consumerism he often references in his articles. Even if he only made 300-400K, what's 70K on a BMW or Range...
eyes.gif
eyes.gif

You're def. not on to game if you're credulous enough to believe that financial analysts on tv are giving you the best, Grade A, prime cut advice on stocks/market options. Like i said in my previous post, business is about making profits.

Reread everything I said. You clearly challenge my doubt but I find it even more interesting that you don't actually refute what I am saying...everything I said is unbiased...that's a fact--not speculative.

Whats wrong with someone encouraging people to study the stock market and trade and such? He never said "send your check to me" and"i'll invest it", he said do it yourself, with many very helpful and informative tips.

Actually in another post he said his M series bmw cost 70k, and he loves jordans and dunks so its not likes hes hoarding and being frugal
grin.gif

There is nothing to really follow blindly. Using mathematics and stock market knowledge, turning 8500 to 600k is not beyond or near impossible. How he did it?He basically posted day by day during the summer time, so he showed NT some of his moves. If he had said 5M or something, then yeah i would really doubt. Youshould be more into the knowledge he drops than the whips he cops

I see..you want pics of his lifestyle
eyes.gif

grin.gif

grin.gif
smh.gif

grin.gif

NT doubts for no reason.
He's a sophomore in college, I am a senior in college--believe me, the expenses are not that great. Furthermore, it's quite hard to believe that he has made all this money and he hasn't splurged a lil and shown off for NKTLK to convince that he is the truth. Not that he has to, but because it's human nature--especially if you're in college. The dude said he like jordans and dunks--if he truly does, then he is not above or immune to the consumerism he often references in his articles. Even if he only made 300-400K, what's 70K on a BMW or Range...
eyes.gif
eyes.gif

You're def. not on to game if you're credulous enough to believe that financial analysts on tv are giving you the best, Grade A, prime cut advice on stocks/market options. Like i said in my previous post, business is about making profits.

Reread everything I said. You clearly challenge my doubt but I find it even more interesting that you don't actually refute what I am saying...everything I said is unbiased...that's a fact--not speculative.

Whats wrong with someone encouraging people to study the stock market and trade and such? He never said "send your check to me" and "i'll invest it", he said do it yourself, with many very helpful and informative tips.

Actually in another post he said his M series bmw cost 70k, and he loves jordans and dunks so its not likes hes hoarding and being frugal
grin.gif

There is nothing to really follow blindly. Using mathematics and stock market knowledge, turning 8500 to 600k is not beyond or near impossible. How he did it? He basically posted day by day during the summer time, so he showed NT some of his moves. If he had said 5M or something, then yeah i would really doubt. You should be more into the knowledge he drops than the whips he cops

eyes.gif

You're misunderstanding the argument made.
8500 to 600k is damn near impossible in one years time and if he did do it I'd encourage him to apply for a desk (he'll get one if his claims are true)and he'll get to play around with millions. He's young, why not. Staying in school at this point can only stagnate his opportunities.

No one is chiding him for his advice. I enjoy reading his articles and agree with most of what he says.

Claims need to be verified in order for them to stand up to scrutiny. That is all.
Since when is it wrong to ask questions? OP doesn't have to do anything. It's his choice.

funny how some Nt'ers read this article and decide to convert their entire bank accounts/portfolios to gold
laugh.gif
grin.gif

Whats wrong with someone encouraging people to study the stock market and trade and such? He never said "send your check to me" and "i'll invest it", he said do it yourself, with many very helpful and informative tips.

grin.gif

There is nothing to really follow blindly. Using mathematics and stock market knowledge, turning 8500 to 600k is not beyond or near impossible. How he did it? He basically posted day by day during the summer time, so he showed NT some of his moves. If he had said 5M or something, then yeah i would really doubt. You should be more into the knowledge he drops than the whips he cops

eyes.gif
Well in today's society, you don't have to physically take someones money to "jack-em up"-- all you need to do is convince them to put it where you want. And with stocks and options--this is very dangerous.

All he needs to do is advice or tip people to go all in on some securitywhile he sits back and bets against the movement. Remember this is a GAME where all you have to do to win is convince the other players to follow your advice.Playing with sheep is certainly more fun that playing with other wolves.

And you are very disillusion if you actually believe that he is sharing tips. He's only telling people what they are lazy to find for themselves. If hewere indeed giving tips, theoretically, we should all be ballin' like he is...allegedly.

Even though i've stated this already, I will say it again. This is nothing but a GAME of manipulation. Those winning and reaping the biggest profits arethose that can manipulate the simple minded--word to NKTLK...
funny how some Nt'ers read this article and decide to convert their entire bank accounts/portfolios to gold
exactly, when you're telling people to liquidate their IRA's and are actively yet submlinally telling them to put their savings into GOLD,and they are following your advice because you were a good salesman in the past, then you're dangerous--and good. Like i said, I wouldn't be surprisedif dude is positioned to make massive profits as this GOLD RUSH begins, swells, and pops due to nothing more than glib advice or tips...

I've said all I have to say. I hope Yayo is a virtuous dude and is advicing y'all because he is sincere. But then again...

I'm done.

yeah i dont get why he needs to prove anything. if i made that much in a year i wouldnt go buying cars and all that. its a nice chunk of change but you cantretire off it. id buy a house a furnish it and that would be about it but i can pull up any pic of a house online and say its mine. even if a pic of a range isposted, what will that prove. you guys wouldnt be happy until he posted his bank statement and a trade by trade confirmation of everything he did last year.hes just tryin to drop knowledge and if you wanna listen, fine. if not, fine. i know i want to learn more about it and his claims are NOT that unreasonable. itraded back when i was in high school probably around when i was 16. i had to have my dad open a joint account because i was under 18 and couldnt open it bymyself but i started with 2 grand and made a lot. my biggest gain was about 15 grand in 1 day. granted when i went away to college and the classes got tough iquit trading but now i have been out for a year and with the 6 figure job i have now i would like to learn how to invest it in other ways besides the company401k. i will read up and watch what i can and mess around with 10 grand and see what happens. we need more informative topics like this on NT and less PYPs.

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

That's somewhat true about online savings accounts but they're not as liquid as you think.
You have to fax them or call in your request to withdraw funds and then wait the requisite number of however many days to get that check. It's a huge inconvenience if something comes up as opposed to a brick and mortar bank where you can just go in 6 days out of the week and withdraw your capital.
E*Trade online savings account "QuickTransfer" feature allows you to add up to 5 external accounts in which withdrawls, transfers, etc.turnaround time is usually no more than 1 to 2 days. The process is through my online account, takes less than 1 minute. On top of that you are allowed up to 6transfer transactions/month w/ no fees. No minimum balance required. I just withdrew funds from the E*trade online savings account by doing a quick transfer,couple of clicks on the mouse, funds were available in my checking account in less than 24 hours yesterday.
pimp.gif

The only benefit of getting a CD is enjoying a fixed rate of return while with the online savings account they are variable (a year ago the rate was 6%, nowthey are hovering around 3%.) But even then, if you go to any brick and mortar bank the highest quote you will get on a 12 month CD is 2.5 to 2.8%.

I would only get a CD if I assumed that online savings account APY would fluctuate down to below 1% which is unlikely. The illiquidity and minimal returns ofCD's wouldn't be great to be in, stuck in one for the next 12 months, especially when the markets are very volatile and uncertainty is in the airregarding 2009, I would keep your money in the online savings account.

Originally Posted by belle155

yeah i dont get why he needs to prove anything. if i made that much in a year i wouldnt go buying cars and all that. its a nice chunk of change but you cant retire off it. id buy a house a furnish it and that would be about it but i can pull up any pic of a house online and say its mine. even if a pic of a range is posted, what will that prove. you guys wouldnt be happy until he posted his bank statement and a trade by trade confirmation of everything he did last year. hes just tryin to drop knowledge and if you wanna listen, fine. if not, fine. i know i want to learn more about it and his claims are NOT that unreasonable. i traded back when i was in high school probably around when i was 16. i had to have my dad open a joint account because i was under 18 and couldnt open it by myself but i started with 2 grand and made a lot. my biggest gain was about 15 grand in 1 day. granted when i went away to college and the classes got tough i quit trading but now i have been out for a year and with the 6 figure job i have now i would like to learn how to invest it in other ways besides the company 401k. i will read up and watch what i can and mess around with 10 grand and see what happens. we need more informative topics like this on NT and less PYPs.
Somehow in that looooong tenure of 4 years at college you lost that skill and acumen that landed you 15k in one day? So now you need to 'readup and watch' and only want to mess with 10k?

Maybe I'm +##$@#* crazy.I'll admit to that.
laugh.gif

Yo wawaweewa, your a smart dude.. how old are you? and what do you do for a living?
23. A little under 2 years at a private energy fund. We also dabble in other commodities.
It's a stopover to law school (supposed to be). I don't want to go now but my exam score is expiring soon.

I work from home about a week (business week) out of the month. It's nice at this rate.

Originally Posted by DC SOUNDS

That's somewhat true about online savings accounts but they're not as liquid as you think.
You have to fax them or call in your request to withdraw funds and then wait the requisite number of however many days to get that check. It's a huge inconvenience if something comes up as opposed to a brick and mortar bank where you can just go in 6 days out of the week and withdraw your capital.
E*Trade online savings account "QuickTransfer" feature allows you to add up to 5 external accounts in which withdrawls, transfers, etc. turnaround time is usually no more than 1 to 2 days. The process is through my online account, takes less than 1 minute. On top of that you are allowed up to 6 transfer transactions/month w/ no fees. No minimum balance required. I just withdrew funds from the E*trade online savings account by doing a quick transfer, couple of clicks on the mouse, funds were available in my checking account in less than 24 hours yesterday.
pimp.gif

The only benefit of getting a CD is enjoying a fixed rate of return while with the online savings account they are variable (a year ago the rate was 6%, now they are hovering around 3%.) But even then, if you go to any brick and mortar bank the highest quote you will get on a 12 month CD is 2.5 to 2.8%.

I would only get a CD if I assumed that online savings account APY would fluctuate down to below 1% which is unlikely. The illiquidity and minimal returns of CD's wouldn't be great to be in, stuck in one for the next 12 months, especially when the markets are very volatile and uncertainty is in the air regarding 2009, I would keep your money in the online savings account.
I had an Etrade account. It took 3 days minimum. Pissed me off.
Btw, Etrade got fined today for not 'doing enough to prevent money laundering'. Etrade.!? The feds can have a case against any of the major banks regarding money laundering.

If you have an Astoria near you you can get a 3.25% rate. Not bad for a portion of your money.
I don't like online savings accounts. It's just a personal thing.

nah seriously though...................where is DKY now?

he keeps up with his threads now he missin in action. at 19 im sure he has to have done a lil splurgin wawa makes a good point forget what belle155 is sayin

whats funny is that some of you think he has his hand dipped on gold actually falling and he somehow will get paid if he gets more and more ppl to buy athigher prices now before it tanks

do you think he is part of a secret organization or works for the black market/mafia/foreign government

I mean cmon it would be nice for him to prove what he has cause everyone loves a success story but ppl are going hard on him like he HAS to prove it

Originally Posted by Retrojayz

whats funny is that some of you think he has his hand dipped on gold actually falling and he somehow will get paid if he gets more and more ppl to buy at higher prices now before it tanks

do you think he is part of a secret organization or works for the black market/mafia/foreign government

I mean cmon it would be nice for him to prove what he has cause everyone loves a success story but ppl are going hard on him like he HAS to prove it
no he's just a 19 y/o arab kid who talks out of his ***

don't talk about what you have/do/done if you can't prove it because people will demand proof of it inevitably

Originally Posted by BWS FOOT SOLDIER

don't talk about what you have/do/done if you can't prove it because people will demand proof of it inevitably

BWS usually pops off...........but i agree with him on this one

8500-600k is impressive and he only 19. i dont see the problem. belle155 come in here talking about he has to prove nothing
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by lurkin2long

8500-600k is impressive and he only 19. i dont see the problem. belle155 come in here talking about he has to prove nothing
laugh.gif
Lets refrain from the partial-ethnic attacks. DKY ethnicity has nothing to do with any of this. Chill

I don't doubt that he has helped quite a few on here. I just feel like, when you're taken the liberty to "advice" people to putall their savings/assets into GOLD, you should re-assure these very same people that you aint flippin' em like pancakes.

I guess at the end of the day, I shouldn't really be haranguing DKY, but rather those that are asking for "tips" and "advice" andreligiously committing to it without doing homework themselves...but I can't be sure of that my self expect to state once again, "don't followblindly if you have eyes of your own".

Originally Posted by thagreatj

Originally Posted by DC SOUNDS

Originally Posted by thagreatj

I have an ira and and i am able to buy stocks and all that. i invested in a fidelity freedom fund that was suppose to "mature" and be right in like 2045. i lost a 1000 of the 3 that i put into it and got out of it cause i felt i couldnt continue to lose. today just lookin at stocks, i went to purchase and it ask me order type with the options (market order, limit order, stop loss, stop limit, limit order, and a few other things)

all i really want to do is buy some stocks (in this case gold) and obviously make some money, but truly just want to diversify cause all my money is cash.

i thought open an ira would get me compounding interest untill its time for me to retire and live off that. well it appears to be more than that.

if anyone can help me out with the order type, and possibly help me with my particular situations, i would appreciate it. and if its one of those things where its too time consumin or you are just gonna tell me to read, ill paypal $5 for your time and effort explaining.
Don't jump into it blind.
Honestly, old timers make easy money from new investors like yourself going in with no direction/philosophy.

Put your money into a 3 or 6 ,9 (whatever you wish )month CD and start reading up on how the market works and basic technical data.
When you feel comfortable enough to invest a bit here and a bit there than go for it. If you're only looking to invest/trade in gold related stocks than research that sector.
I would suggest putting your funds in an online high yield savings account instead of a CD for now. The APY for these online savings account beat out most CD's interest rates on the market (around 3% right now,) and although variable, they are virtually 100% liquid, few restrictions, while with a CD you're out of luck in an emergency or if an opportunity comes your way until the vesting date.

But ya, take some time to study up a bit, that's what I'm doing myself. I think most of us, the average middle class working citizen, just wants to hedge their net worth amidst this economic crisis. 2009 and beyond will be a very interesting few years.One thing that is certain is we will experience heightened inflation, no need to speculate that.

In a period of hyperinflation, obviously those whose net assets are cash sitting liquid or those who rely on fixed income receivables (retired people w/ pensions) will be the most hurt.

In a period of hyperinflation, if you can time it right, acquiring debt (fixed) to acquire an asset (home) right before the hyperinflation trend begins and hits hard is ideal.

These are the things that are going through my head right now.....
with the one i got, its linked to my everyday checking and i request money (just like paypal) and have it in my account in 3 days.
Oh, that's cool. Did you get locked into the rate a while ago? Rates across the board are #%!%. Here in the NE Astoria Federal Bank had a 4.06% 12 month and a 3.25% 3 mont liquid CD so I jumped on that quick before the rate cut to 0 by the Fed. The day after their offerings fell by 1% across the board.

For me 3 days is still too long.
laugh.gif
It is ones money after all, not the banks.
For others who aren't as risk averse in that department it's prob. a good deal; on par with CD's now but a bit more liquid.

na, me and you talkin about two different things. THe "high yield" savings account i have is not a cd. rather savings account that i can only useonline. Like a bank, but no (theres a few) actual physical bank like BOamerica that offers a much larger return. where i made like $9 all year using BOA, imade $16 last month with my online bank. its not much much but its and extra $150 or so a year. that same online bank offers CD's (which you are talkinabout) but never went for it cause its only .25% higher return with all those restrictions if you get out early. my bad about the confusion. DOES ANYONE USEFIDELITY? I got some questions for you.

Originally Posted by lurkin2long

laugh.gif
What made me write my original post was that he was calling out Ben Baller and kept at it.
We know Ben Baller has money. At least for a 50k bet. 50k is still prob. money to Ben baller but he won't be outon the street if he loses that amount.
I'm pretty sure Ben Baller isn't a billionaire but he isn't making 50k/year either.

I may be wrong in questioning OP. I'm willing to live with that.
I want to be wrong. Then his advice will have that much more 'oomph' behind it.

nah back then i was just guessing based on what cnbc was saying, i didnt know what i was doing then and i really still dont know. back then anyone could makemoney on wall street til that bubble burst. ps wawa college for me took 6 years (to get my doctorate) and ive been out for 1 so thats around 7 years since mylast stock trade (besides company stock i get now automatically). times have changed from ~ Y2K to now 2009. im just sayin if i do any more investing i gottado more research. all the trades i ever did were just market orders, i never shorted a stock and still dont know how to. i have over 6 figures in straight cashand i want to make it work more than my ~4% money market account is getting me now. i know i can do better than that by myself. the company matches $2 : 1 upto a certain amount and i have that maxed out. thats a good return but its only so much. i want to make cash with the rest of it like i said and beat that 4%im getting from the banks now.

i use ameritrade and fidelity

do you need to see my high school diploma and college degreeS for proof/dates or paystub/w2/bank statement?? i know how NT is

nah back then i was just guessing based on what cnbc was saying, i didnt know what i was doing then and i really still dont know. back then anyone could make money on wall street til that bubble burst. ps wawa college for me took 6 years (to get my doctorate) and ive been out for 1 so thats around 7 years since my last stock trade (besides company stock i get now automatically). times have changed from ~ Y2K to now 2009. im just sayin if i do any more investing i gotta do more research. all the trades i ever did were just market orders, i never shorted a stock and still dont know how to. i have over 6 figures in straight cash and i want to make it work more than my ~4% money market account is getting me now. i know i can do better than that by myself. the company matches $2 : 1 up to a certain amount and i have that maxed out. thats a good return but its only so much. i want to make cash with the rest of it like i said and beat that 4% im getting from the banks now.

do you need to see my high school diploma and college degreeS for proof/dates or paystub/w2/bank statement?? i know how NT is
If you want to begin shorting, you need to open up a margin account with tdameritrade. You need at least 2k I think. BTW, be careful aboutshorting and try not to get burned.

nah back then i was just guessing based on what cnbc was saying, i didnt know what i was doing then and i really still dont know. back then anyone could make money on wall street til that bubble burst. ps wawa college for me took 6 years (to get my doctorate) and ive been out for 1 so thats around 7 years since my last stock trade (besides company stock i get now automatically). times have changed from ~ Y2K to now 2009. im just sayin if i do any more investing i gotta do more research. all the trades i ever did were just market orders, i never shorted a stock and still dont know how to. i have over 6 figures in straight cash and i want to make it work more than my ~4% money market account is getting me now. i know i can do better than that by myself. the company matches $2 : 1 up to a certain amount and i have that maxed out. thats a good return but its only so much. i want to make cash with the rest of it like i said and beat that 4% im getting from the banks now.

No. Didn't mean to come off like an ++$ but I still can't see how you would lose any of your skill or acumen for trading even after 6years if you were making substantial returns.
That's all I was commenting on.

You can prob. do better than 4% year over year.

no and we dont care. congrats to all your success...........but

a 19 year old who made 8500-600k in a year way is way more
eek.gif

i already gave the kid props, i even added his blog to my faves im just saying wawa brought up a good point. i mean he did challenge mr. baller andall..............so how does he have nothing to prove?

now DKY is mia. an he always on top of his threads when they are current. you wanna debate anything i just said go ahead.

Back
Top Bottom