[::2009 Champion LAKERS OFF-SEASON THREAD Vol. Boring Non-News Days Causing In-Thread Tension::]

Originally Posted by Kookcle

Originally Posted by kobehead

• Kobe 5 yrs $100M [ 20/yr]
  • Ariza 5yrs $ 40-45 M [ 8+/yr]
  • Odom 4yrs. $24-30M [ 6+/yr]
  • Brown [Mid-level exemption]
  • trade Walton and this years 1st rounder for a future pick
  • Morrison and Farmar should also be on the block
Thats what i think should happen
Ariza get more than Odom?
Of course
-I could see Kobe signing for something comparable to this, only if we resign odom and ariza
-There's no way Ariza gets more than Odom imo
-I would like to see Shannon Brown molded into our point guard of the future, but Jordan was playing some damn good basketball before he got injured. I doubtmitch would put him on the block
-Who would trade for Walton with that contract he has?
sick.gif

Originally Posted by Three6mafia2007

Originally Posted by kobehead

• Kobe 5 yrs $100M [ 20/yr]
  • Ariza 5yrs $ 40-45 M [ 8+/yr]
  • Odom 4yrs. $24-30M [ 6+/yr]
  • Brown [Mid-level exemption]
  • trade Walton and this years 1st rounder for a future pick
  • Morrison and Farmar should also be on the block
Thats what i think should happen
Ariza get more than Odom?
Of course
-I could see Kobe signing for something comparable to this, only if we resign odom and ariza
-I would like to see Shannon Brown molded into our point guard of the future, but Jordan was playing some damn good basketball before he got injured. I doubt mitch would put him on the block
sick.gif

wasn't Kobe slated to get 135 for 5? But anyway i hope he takes a lesser amount so we can get everyone back. I can see Shannon being a good solid back-upguard to Fish. We need Ariza and Candy Man back

-I would like to see Shannon Brown molded into our point guard of the future, but Jordan was playing some damn good basketball before he got injured. I doubt mitch would put him on the block
sick.gif
- Ariza proved how important he is not only offensively but defensively. He is also only 24...Lamar is about to turn 30. I also dont thinkLamar's agent can convince Mitch to pay a bench player more than a blossoming starter. I would love farmar to stay but i think he's a liability ondefense. Brown is a good not great defender and he also has size. Also remember Brown didnt get a full year on the triangle. He had to learn it on the fly.

as for Luke see Brian Cook/ Kwame B.
laugh.gif
edit: oh yeah ...Vlad too

-

I like Luke even though his contract is a little hefty I don't want to see him go.

Also the only way I see someone taking Morrison off our hands is if we give up Farmar as well and I don't know about that.

This is going be a very interesting off-season and I can't wait to see how it turns out.

http://lakers.freedomblogging.com/2009/06/18/kobe-wants-ariza-and-odom-both-back/19305/

[h3]Kobe wants Ariza and Odom both back[/h3] [h4]June 18th, 2009, 1:34 pm · · posted by JANIS CARR, OCREGISTER.COM[/h4]
kbdiz1-216x300.jpg
Kobe Bryant went to Disneyland (where else?) a day after the Lakers' parade in Los Angeles and spoke with the Register's Adam Townsend.

Bryant said that it's "not really an option" for the Lakers to lose forwards Trevor Ariza or Lamar Odom, two talented players who are now free agents.

"The biggest thing for us would be to bring these guys back," he said. "We play so well together - we built this cohesive unit, an I think that's what's on everybody's mind that the team comes back ready to go."

Would he take less money to see Ariza and Odom stay on the team?

"That's not my responsibility, that's the franchise's responsibility to come to the table with things and have all the guys come back and make sure they get what they deserve," he said.

Bryant said he plans to stay out of the gym and off the hardwood for about a month and a half.

"I've been through a lot of baskeball for the last two or three years," he said. "It's important to let my body recover."

But first, the rides.

Click here to see a slideshow and video of Kobe at Disneyland

Originally Posted by CP1708

Originally Posted by DontStepOnMyShoes

buss/Mitch wouldnt do it if they didnt have something up their sleeves can Kobe enjoy his summer atleast before dudes start trippin

No, because if he takes all this money, then we're right back where we were a few years ago, Kobe/Pau, and nobody else.

We wouldn't have won this title without Odom and Ariza, we certainly won't win anymore without them for a while if they leave.

Soon as they are signed and delivered, then Kobe can relax and enjoy his summer. If they leave because of him and his wife, then he'll get heat big time from Lakerland. Trust that.
I totally agree with DontStepOnMyShoes...

Could we just enjoy this championship and relax. I'm sure they will work something out so that we can repeat... Heck even 3-peat...

RE-!#!%!##-LAX!
grin.gif

laugh.gif
not even a week removed from the chip and people already jumping on Bean. I'm sure if it means bringing Odom and Ariza back, Kobe and management willwork something out.

Originally Posted by reddmann s2

Originally Posted by CP1708

Originally Posted by DontStepOnMyShoes

buss/Mitch wouldnt do it if they didnt have something up their sleeves can Kobe enjoy his summer atleast before dudes start trippin

No, because if he takes all this money, then we're right back where we were a few years ago, Kobe/Pau, and nobody else.

We wouldn't have won this title without Odom and Ariza, we certainly won't win anymore without them for a while if they leave.

Soon as they are signed and delivered, then Kobe can relax and enjoy his summer. If they leave because of him and his wife, then he'll get heat big time from Lakerland. Trust that.
I totally agree with DontStepOnMyShoes...

Could we just enjoy this championship and relax. I'm sure they will work something out so that we can repeat... Heck even 3-peat...

RE-!#!%!##-LAX!
grin.gif

Fine, if he takes less money and the others are signed, I'll relax and apologize.

And if those guys don't get their money and walk and ya'll droppin like flies, I'll be in here...... "relax", "Naw, it's goodya'll, relax homie", "It's cool yo, no worries, relax guys."
eyes.gif

If everyone was signed sealed and delivered for next season I'd be the most chill guy around, but that ain't us. This isn't 01. This isn't02. There is MAJOR work to be conducted, I don't give a @#$% about relaxing. I want more. (insert Kobe game face here)

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

How about we enjoy the championship, and relax, take a breather, drink a beer. Enjoy.

You guys are going to over work your minds.
laugh.gif

I've already enjoyed the championship.

This is the off-season thread, CP if you want - we can talk about the off-season together.

nerd.gif

Originally Posted by bright nikes

I've already enjoyed the championship.

This is the off-season thread, CP if you want - we can talk about the off-season together.

nerd.gif
Can you enjoy it just until July 1st.
laugh.gif
jk.

People are stressing in here, just wanted to lighten up the mood.
smile.gif

After July 1st, when negotiations can begin, I'm with you bright and CP.

I think Odom gets about 8-9 mil and Trev gets 6-7, sounds about right and KB resigns for 20 mil. The only problem will be we HAVE to find a way for Sasha toget lost at sea or something or just retire so we don't have to pay him 5 mil next year and we can resign Shannon too.

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

I think Odom gets about 8-9 mil and Trev gets 6-7, sounds about right and KB resigns for 20 mil.
Exactly the figures I was thinking, hope Lamar goes with 8 and Trevor more realistically with 7. I hope Kobe goes with 20 mil, but we'll see.
I have no idea how much a guy like Shannon would command, probably not much though

I think Odom gets about 8-9 mil and Trev gets 6-7, sounds about right and KB resigns for 20 mil. The only problem will be we HAVE to find a way for Sasha to get lost at sea or something or just retire so we don't have to pay him 5 mil next year and we can resign Shannon too.

Right on the money.

I think everybody knows they need everybody. They all like each other (something I am not really used to with Kobe on the squad
laugh.gif
wink.gif
).

I really think there is nothing to worry about. I will say this. If we don't hear about these deals by the 4th of july I might be worried. Mitch has done agreat job and I don't think he will mess this up.

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Just a heads up, Trevor Ariza will be at NTLA tonight from 5-8. It is a perfect way to say goodbye to a key member of the 2008-2009 NBA Championship team.

Damn..did anybody go to this?

Originally Posted by TH0MAS CR0WN

I think Odom gets about 8-9 mil and Trev gets 6-7, sounds about right and KB resigns for 20 mil.
Exactly the figures I was thinking, hope Lamar goes with 8 and Trevor more realistically with 7. I hope Kobe goes with 20 mil, but we'll see.
I have no idea how much a guy like Shannon would command, probably not much though
spot on chap!

Originally Posted by TH0MAS CR0WN

spot on chap!
Yep, I can't believe some guys think Ariza will get more than Odom or even deserves more than Odom.

Ariza is A ROLE PLAYER. He's a 5th or 6th wheel. I don't care if he's young, anybody with a basketball brain can see he won't develop into anAll-Star for at least 3 years if ever. Right now Ariza deserves 7 mill per year but will probably get 8 mill.

Odom is a borderline All-Star and will continue to be right at that level for the next 3 years. Odom deserves 9 mill per, but will probably get 10 mill.

I just have a feeling things will work out somehow with either:

A. Kobe doing something with his contract
or
B. Buss opens up his check book

And Chris Brown aint goin no damn where. He got the loudest applause at the parade other than Kob. I'm thinkin he'll sign a one or two year deal thattotals close to 2 mill.

WOW its been a while ...
anyway guys i heard this morning on ESPN 710 John and Ireland show that Kobe can still get his max money (you all know he earned every pennies) byrestructuring it to where he'll get most of the money at the end of the deal so the lakers can still make move on odom, ariza and brown at least for thenext 2/3 years... also Lakers can also deferred payment ala manny/dodgers deal but im not sure how that works so cant really comment on it ...

Agreed on the whole Ariza shouldn't get more than LO thing.

They better get this done.

"You want to keep the team together," Odom said Thursday. "We just won a championship, you don't want to see one piece not there. Hopefully we can keep everybody here."

Odom met with coach Phil Jackson and general manager Mitch Kupchak during an individual 20-minute exit interview.

"Hopefully, it won't take that long," he said, joking about upcoming contract negotiations. "In and out, three years, 80 million."

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
man it bothers me why they didnt let lamar talk at the parade... dude would be straight comedy..

Originally Posted by badboyf0life420

"You want to keep the team together," Odom said Thursday. "We just won a championship, you don't want to see one piece not there. Hopefully we can keep everybody here."

Odom met with coach Phil Jackson and general manager Mitch Kupchak during an individual 20-minute exit interview.

"Hopefully, it won't take that long," he said, joking about upcoming contract negotiations. "In and out, three years, 80 million."
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
man it bothers me why they didnt let lamar talk at the parade... dude would be straight comedy..

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I like dude so much that if I didnt care about ever winning again..or if i were the Knicks or Al Davis...id give it to him

Originally Posted by badboyf0life420

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I'm sayin.. man they let Jordy and Luke talk but not LO and Ariza??

We all wanted to show LO and Ariza some appreciation
tired.gif

Back
Top Bottom