2011 another great year for college football

A third of our '10 class is ghost 
30t6p3b.gif

It's crazy how thin UF will be at DE again next season. 

Nelson A. will be a Gator or Trojan.

Last week game was
sick.gif
 for both programs (UF & SOW). Can't knock the clowns for winning but both programs combining for 10 L's the past two seasons isn't Sunshine State football.

LSU playing anyone not named Bama in the BCS = $$$$ out 
devil.gif
laugh.gif

Paul Wulff out at Washington State. I guess this is a three team, Pac-12 race, to see who gets Leach. UCLA, ASU, or WSU.

Originally Posted by HankMoody

This guy needs his own thread.
There's an easy button, i just used it. 
wink.gif

recuits leaving UF 
laugh.gif
 im hearing 3-5 more.

FlaHustler1024 wrote:
Nelson A. will be a Gator or Trojan.

ya'll gettin' Diggs 
ohwell.gif

Les choosing to wear white in the dome, iswydt 
smokin.gif

However, our Seniors want to wear that Pro Combat trash again 
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
 Stanford JUST wore em, black it out if anything other than Home unis. I need to see Gary and Verne
f0e16d342fc43787946598d57ecd7f47781152ac.gif
again

sbell021 Scott Bell
Arizona reportedly promised Rich Rodriguez they'd schedule U-M within 3 years (video via @ coachingsearch - see 13:30)******/sQIL3N

Folks who watch know how good USC is but clamoring for awards & recognition just gets old. It's already bad enough when a team with less history does it but for a school like USC that shouldn't be necessary.
Clamoring?

I can live with the Sammy Watkins argument, it's a valid point.

Justin Blackmon?  There is no doubt he is a dominant receiver when he wants to, but I just don't think he was the best receiver this year.  Just like I think Andrew Luck was outplayed this year.  The only argument thrown out in the defense of the the two is "Well, if you were drafting who would get picked higher?"  Which is not what awards are about.

Robert Woods was statistically better than Blackmon despite a bum ankle and shoulder that kept him out of two games.  However, he has Matt Barkley, *shrugs*.

I put out names, got called a homer, I put out stats, and got excuses.  Now I'm clamoring? 
laugh.gif
.  If my argument isn't logical point it out or at least form a rebuttal instead of lobbing the "name-calling" grenade and running for cover.

Anyway on to recruiting news:

-Heavy rumor that Josh Shaw is taking a heavy look at USC as a transfer option.  He is going to apply for a medical hardship waiver in order to allow him to play this year.

-Another heavy rumor is that there are a couple of unhappy former USC recruits looking to transfer to USC.
Paul Wulff out at Washington State. I guess this is a three team, Pac-12 race, to see who gets Leach. UCLA, ASU, or WSU.

At this point, I will be surprised if Leach is even considered at ASU or UCLA.  A place like Wazzu is perfect, it is a low key location with low expectations.  He can make that team into a contender with limited resources.  He had less to work with at Texas Tech.

Why isn't Penn State looking at Peterson? Who knows. I still think he's the best coach in the country behind Saban and Meyer

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

Don't forget about KU.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by ku JHAWX

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

Don't forget about KU.
wink.gif

I don't want him back in the Big 12. 
frown.gif

Originally Posted by grusumm18

sbell021 Scott Bell
Arizona reportedly promised Rich Rodriguez they'd schedule U-M within 3 years (video via @ coachingsearch - see 13:30)******/sQIL3N

Originally Posted by dreClark

Damn, Just as Wiz felt confident about speaking Vandy's name in public
laugh.gif

roll.gif
It is what it is.

If he keeps up the success, I know he'll probably leave. IMO, just don't think he leaves for UNC. They were supposed to sign new contract extensions this week for him & greenlight an indoor facility in the near future.

Any Arizona St fans????

Wondering if Ron English (former Michigan DC and current Eastern Michigan HC) is a realistic candidate for the HC position?

Would love to see him get that job. He has done a good job at EMU. 6-6 this year with 3 very close losses and having to be the 5th or 6th options (GVSU might be ahead of EMU for recruits) in a state with not much talent for football is pretty good.

@*$%% with this schedule
8/30 or 9/1 - NC State (Chick-fil-A Kickoff Classic; ESPN/ABC) 
9/8 - Georgia State 
9/15 - Florida 
9/22 - Akron 
9/29 - at Georgia 
10/6 - BYE 
10/13 - at Mississippi State 
10/20 - Alabama 
10/27 - at South Carolina 
11/3 - Troy 
11/10- Missouri 
11/17 - at Vanderbilt 
11/24 - Kentucky