2011 College Football "The Real been hacked!!!!" .

-Trelvis: Can't say that about the MWC. TCU made the move to go to the Big East. AQ status and being king of that conference. Now that conference is a shell of it's former self.

- NIKE: Then I misread.

-Statis- Will ND keep it's sports in the Big East now that the premiere teams of the conference have moved on? Just to add on the Texas to ACC bluff. The only real interest in the ACC that Texas had was as a conference to house it's other teams, in case they had to go independent. They knew the Pac 12, B1G and SEC would've said "No". ACC was their only chance aside from the Big East. ACC with the move they just made just told Texas, bring your football team or go kick rocks.

Texas to the Pac 12 is far from done. Seems like the snag will be the LHN, Pac 12 willing to let the Longhorns regional portion (Texas & TTU programming) of the Pac 16 Network be called the Pac 16 Longhorn Network.

Lawsuits? Only one that has any grounds to sue is ESPN/ABC since tv contracts are being broken. However, ESPN, has a lot to gain from this. Baylors litigation was toothless, that's why OU, aTm and Texas keep pushing. Nothing against leaving a conference as long as exit fees are paid.

This is historic, dust will settle in 4-6 weeks. Only thing certain is that the ACC has two new members and the SEC has one (aTm) with another pending (West Virginia).

IronMan: I mean if the Big East still operates as a conference then I don't see why not, like you said as long as they got NBC in their corner they don't need to join the Big Ten. Now if the basketball schools break the Big East and form a new conference then that would probably be an issue for ND. I even seen Villanova sent an application to join the ACC so I don't knw what's going on with that league to be honest.

That Texas regional network could be the out ESPN needs to get from under their LHN deal. Also the SEC could take Texas & their network seeing how SEC teams get to keep their 3rd tier rights but A&M would have no parts of that.
laugh.gif

IronMan: I mean if the Big East still operates as a conference then I don't see why not, like you said as long as they got NBC in their corner they don't need to join the Big Ten. Now if the basketball schools break the Big East and form a new conference then that would probably be an issue for ND. I even seen Villanova sent an application to join the ACC so I don't knw what's going on with that league to be honest.

That Texas regional network could be the out ESPN needs to get from under their LHN deal. Also the SEC could take Texas & their network seeing how SEC teams get to keep their 3rd tier rights but A&M would have no parts of that.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

-Trelvis: Can't say that about the MWC. TCU made the move to go to the Big East. AQ status and being king of that conference. Now that conference is a shell of it's former self.
TCU made the Big East move AFTER Utah and BYU decided to leave. The MWC became a shell of what it used to be. If Utah and BYU would have stuck around and then added Boise, TCU would have never left.

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

TCU made the Big East move AFTER Utah and BYU decided to leave. The MWC became a shell of what it used to be. If Utah and BYU would have stuck around and then added Boise, TCU would have never left.

Scooter Haggins broke his hand vs OU. FSU likely missing 4 of their top 5 WR's vs Clemson. Haulstead, Reed, Haggins, Shaw
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Scooter Haggins broke his hand vs OU. FSU likely missing 4 of their top 5 WR's vs Clemson. Haulstead, Reed, Haggins, Shaw
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by dreClark

Everything I have read concerning FSU going into the SEC is that UF, UGA, USC and UK would all be against them coming, thus not allowing it to happen.
And you'll probably see TAMU join that bloc once we finally get formally accepted.

Originally Posted by dreClark

Everything I have read concerning FSU going into the SEC is that UF, UGA, USC and UK would all be against them coming, thus not allowing it to happen.
And you'll probably see TAMU join that bloc once we finally get formally accepted.

The president's of those schools will change their minds about FSU when they realize how much $ they'd be leaving on the table from the TV deal they'd get once FSU and others join. That new wing on the College of Medicine isn't gonna come cheap.

All we need now is a 6 team playoff
nerd.gif

The president's of those schools will change their minds about FSU when they realize how much $ they'd be leaving on the table from the TV deal they'd get once FSU and others join. That new wing on the College of Medicine isn't gonna come cheap.

All we need now is a 6 team playoff
nerd.gif

Besides the increased revenue sharing in the SEC I don't see any reason why FSU would want to leave the ACC, the Noles are on their way to becoming top dog in a conference that has already begun to expand and become one of the four "super-conferences" in college football. The ACC is essentially making moves to stay relevant in football and establish utter dominance in the college basketball market, this favors Florida State football in the sense that the conference will keep their automatic BCS bid yet the competition isn't getting much more difficult. All this plus the $20,000,000 ACC exit clause and the fact that there are several programs in the SEC that are reluctant to letting FSU in make the move virtually impossible.

Besides the increased revenue sharing in the SEC I don't see any reason why FSU would want to leave the ACC, the Noles are on their way to becoming top dog in a conference that has already begun to expand and become one of the four "super-conferences" in college football. The ACC is essentially making moves to stay relevant in football and establish utter dominance in the college basketball market, this favors Florida State football in the sense that the conference will keep their automatic BCS bid yet the competition isn't getting much more difficult. All this plus the $20,000,000 ACC exit clause and the fact that there are several programs in the SEC that are reluctant to letting FSU in make the move virtually impossible.

OK. Can someone put together a "leftover" list from the power conferences?

Can't believe UC is leftovers though
laugh.gif
. We should have been scheduling bigger games in recent years though. Oklahoma was big as well as Tenn but we're a school who needs to get more national pub. Wouldn't mind playing Ohio State.

OK. Can someone put together a "leftover" list from the power conferences?

Can't believe UC is leftovers though
laugh.gif
. We should have been scheduling bigger games in recent years though. Oklahoma was big as well as Tenn but we're a school who needs to get more national pub. Wouldn't mind playing Ohio State.

Orson Charles denied defensive debut

If Orson Charles and Todd Grantham had their way, the junior tight end would have played some defense late in the Coastal Carolina game. Charles somehow convinced the Bulldogs’ defensive coordinator to let him have a crack at that side of the ball should the opportunity arise, which it did in the 59-0 win this past Saturday. But Grantham told him to get an OK from Richt and Charles was summarily denied.

“Before Todd did it, he asked me could he do it, and I said, ‘No.’ There’s no way,

Orson Charles denied defensive debut

If Orson Charles and Todd Grantham had their way, the junior tight end would have played some defense late in the Coastal Carolina game. Charles somehow convinced the Bulldogs’ defensive coordinator to let him have a crack at that side of the ball should the opportunity arise, which it did in the 59-0 win this past Saturday. But Grantham told him to get an OK from Richt and Charles was summarily denied.

“Before Todd did it, he asked me could he do it, and I said, ‘No.’ There’s no way,

For those saying stuff needs to be done about weather delayed games, what can u do other then wait it out?

Most teams don't have same bye weeks, then there's the next weeks game 7 days away.

Teams are on a tight schedule. Most Fans are on the same tight sched. Refs also have other full time jobs.

The only thing u can do is wait it out.

For those saying stuff needs to be done about weather delayed games, what can u do other then wait it out?

Most teams don't have same bye weeks, then there's the next weeks game 7 days away.

Teams are on a tight schedule. Most Fans are on the same tight sched. Refs also have other full time jobs.

The only thing u can do is wait it out.

Back
Top Bottom