2011 College Football "The Real been hacked!!!!" .

TAMU would do everything in their power to lock out Texas... It's the same reason Georgia, Florida and USCe don't want another school from their state... The Ags have already seen a boost in interest from recruits because of the SEC and they're in line for their biggest recruiting weekend in their history as a result of that and what they've got going right now on the field. Besides, the SEC doesn't want Texas and Texas will not go to the SEC. they have absolutely no interest in doing so.

And are people really surprised OU would dump the Texas game and play TAMU every year? Everybody thinks Texas is toxic right now. OU and TAMU are both trying to leave them, that much is obvious, and neither seems to be losing sleep over the thought of a complete split.. OU would need a game in Texas or their ties here are gone.

Texas overplayed their hand and they're now backed into a corner. They can't go anywhere on their own terms and they've pissed off the only two programs close to them that matter almost beyond repair. They either give up the network as they intended it to be or they go independent and let their other sports run in some half-!$@ conference... Without UT football, a conference gets no benefit from hosting UT's other sports. None.

Originally Posted by koolbarbone

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

I'm well aware of the history. TCU might not make the first move to leave, but they continually panic at the first sign of upheaval. What would I prefer them do? Wait or not cry.
Far from a panic. They improved their situation each time they moved conferences. And what exactly are they supposed to be waiting on here?
So they are in a better position now than if they had waited for more of the dominoes to fall before bolting for the Big East? I highly doubt it. They miscalculated.
Being in a depleted Big East is still better than the MWC at this point. Worst case scenario they end up back in the MWC. Still not sure how they miscalculated, an invite wasnt coming from anywhere else.

TAMU would do everything in their power to lock out Texas... It's the same reason Georgia, Florida and USCe don't want another school from their state... The Ags have already seen a boost in interest from recruits because of the SEC and they're in line for their biggest recruiting weekend in their history as a result of that and what they've got going right now on the field. Besides, the SEC doesn't want Texas and Texas will not go to the SEC. they have absolutely no interest in doing so.

And are people really surprised OU would dump the Texas game and play TAMU every year? Everybody thinks Texas is toxic right now. OU and TAMU are both trying to leave them, that much is obvious, and neither seems to be losing sleep over the thought of a complete split.. OU would need a game in Texas or their ties here are gone.

Texas overplayed their hand and they're now backed into a corner. They can't go anywhere on their own terms and they've pissed off the only two programs close to them that matter almost beyond repair. They either give up the network as they intended it to be or they go independent and let their other sports run in some half-!$@ conference... Without UT football, a conference gets no benefit from hosting UT's other sports. None.

I'm well aware of the history. TCU might not make the first move to leave, but they continually panic at the first sign of upheaval. What would I prefer them do? Wait or not cry.
Far from a panic. They improved their situation each time they moved conferences. And what exactly are they supposed to be waiting on here?
So they are in a better position now than if they had waited for more of the dominoes to fall before bolting for the Big East? I highly doubt it. They miscalculated.
Being in a depleted Big East is still better than the MWC at this point. Worst case scenario they end up back in the MWC. Still not sure how they miscalculated, an invite wasnt coming from anywhere else.

I hope TCU still comes and UC and some others stay. Football wise to have UC, TCU, Rutgers, U of L, WVU, UConn, USF and some others wouldn't be the worst thing. It wont be the pac house or the other big three but it'd be good football with some teams with recent success.

I hope TCU still comes and UC and some others stay. Football wise to have UC, TCU, Rutgers, U of L, WVU, UConn, USF and some others wouldn't be the worst thing. It wont be the pac house or the other big three but it'd be good football with some teams with recent success.

It's funny how the tables can turn, Texas is on top of the world after signing the most lucrative television deal a single program can have. A couple months later little brother A&M bolts as a result and now the entire landscape of college football is changing with the Longhorn Network being a huge albatross around UT's neck.

It's funny how the tables can turn, Texas is on top of the world after signing the most lucrative television deal a single program can have. A couple months later little brother A&M bolts as a result and now the entire landscape of college football is changing with the Longhorn Network being a huge albatross around UT's neck.

^^^ Any school would have took that deal, they broke the bank with that one and it temporarily held the conference together but unfortunately it kinda ruined it too. Catch 22.

Take this for whatever it's worth...

[h1][/h1]
[h1]The Geography of College Football Fans (and Realignment Chaos)[/h1] By NATE SILVER
Surveys find that about one-quarter of the United States population, or between 75 and 80 million people, follow college football regularly. But which teams do they align themselves with?

This question is not easy to answer, but we’re going to make an effort to resolve it, and then use the results to shine a light on college football’s increasingly complicated realignment picture.

The premise of the study is this: take the 210 television media markets in the United States, figure out how many college football fans they have, and then allocate them between the 120 current Football Bowl Subdivision programs.

The first part of the problem isn’t as easy as you might think, because enthusiasm for college football varies radically across different parts of the country — far more than for other sports.

One way to estimate the regional variances is to look at Google search traffic. For instance, according to Google Insights for Search, the term “college football

^^^ Any school would have took that deal, they broke the bank with that one and it temporarily held the conference together but unfortunately it kinda ruined it too. Catch 22.

Take this for whatever it's worth...

[h1][/h1]
[h1]The Geography of College Football Fans (and Realignment Chaos)[/h1] By NATE SILVER
Surveys find that about one-quarter of the United States population, or between 75 and 80 million people, follow college football regularly. But which teams do they align themselves with?

This question is not easy to answer, but we’re going to make an effort to resolve it, and then use the results to shine a light on college football’s increasingly complicated realignment picture.

The premise of the study is this: take the 210 television media markets in the United States, figure out how many college football fans they have, and then allocate them between the 120 current Football Bowl Subdivision programs.

The first part of the problem isn’t as easy as you might think, because enthusiasm for college football varies radically across different parts of the country — far more than for other sports.

One way to estimate the regional variances is to look at Google search traffic. For instance, according to Google Insights for Search, the term “college football

30t6p3b.gif
at ESPN for scheduling two great Pac-12 games at the same time. USC/ASU and Oregon/Arizona both at 7:15pm PDT.

I'm a little worried about Oregon going to Arizona. The past three trips to Tucson have been crazy (2005 - Kellen Clemens breaks ankle, 2007 - The fall of Dennis Dixon, 2009 - 2OT thriller with TD in final seconds). I still think Oregon will pull out the win, but I know that's probably the place where Oregon gets played the toughest.

Looking forward to another weekend of college football
pimp.gif

30t6p3b.gif
at ESPN for scheduling two great Pac-12 games at the same time. USC/ASU and Oregon/Arizona both at 7:15pm PDT.

I'm a little worried about Oregon going to Arizona. The past three trips to Tucson have been crazy (2005 - Kellen Clemens breaks ankle, 2007 - The fall of Dennis Dixon, 2009 - 2OT thriller with TD in final seconds). I still think Oregon will pull out the win, but I know that's probably the place where Oregon gets played the toughest.

Looking forward to another weekend of college football
pimp.gif

Michigan is in for a tough one I think against the vaunted Aztecs. Their O is pretty solid, they seem to start fast. Their D not so much. If we come and just run spread right from the start we can hopefully score in the 1st qtr. I don't think well lose, knock on wood, but it'll be tight.

Michigan is in for a tough one I think against the vaunted Aztecs. Their O is pretty solid, they seem to start fast. Their D not so much. If we come and just run spread right from the start we can hopefully score in the 1st qtr. I don't think well lose, knock on wood, but it'll be tight.

The only reason the Oregon/Arizona game is a "great" game for you is because you are an Oregon fan.

I know there have been some woes in Tucson, but this Wildcat team is awful defensively and hasn't lived up to expectations offensively. I see a close first half, with Oregon pulling away in the second half... A beatdown when it's all said and done.

The only reason the Oregon/Arizona game is a "great" game for you is because you are an Oregon fan.

I know there have been some woes in Tucson, but this Wildcat team is awful defensively and hasn't lived up to expectations offensively. I see a close first half, with Oregon pulling away in the second half... A beatdown when it's all said and done.

From what I've heard, WVU is at about 4 or 5 on the SEC's list. I would assume Florida State, Virginia Tech, and Missouri are probably above WVU on the SEC's list.

From what I've heard, WVU is at about 4 or 5 on the SEC's list. I would assume Florida State, Virginia Tech, and Missouri are probably above WVU on the SEC's list.

What's this about the Big 12/Big East fusing after all this mess shakes out?

Back
Top Bottom