2011 College Football "The Real been hacked!!!!" .

What's this about the Big 12/Big East fusing after all this mess shakes out?

Have you heard something on that front? He'll be in town this weekend with Brandon Moore. I want both of them.

The amount of talent that's gonna be on campus this weekend is ridiculous. This has the potential to be a huge weekend...just gotta hope we don't let down and lose...

Have you heard something on that front? He'll be in town this weekend with Brandon Moore. I want both of them.

The amount of talent that's gonna be on campus this weekend is ridiculous. This has the potential to be a huge weekend...just gotta hope we don't let down and lose...

JMU AD came out and said don't be surprised to see a whole new conference with bunch of fcs schools moving up... 
as i been saying....edit: they might join CUSA and form a huge conference with them about 8 teams

AD's were meeting with NCAA and all this in charlotte discussing the possibility.

2012 is going to be crazy
laugh.gif

JMU AD came out and said don't be surprised to see a whole new conference with bunch of fcs schools moving up... 
as i been saying....edit: they might join CUSA and form a huge conference with them about 8 teams

AD's were meeting with NCAA and all this in charlotte discussing the possibility.

2012 is going to be crazy
laugh.gif

Bigmike23 wrote:
CP1708 wrote:
Why doesn't Boise St beg and plead to get into the Pac pic a number?  Did they not see the power shifts coming, or they just don't care, what gives?  Can't tell me they wouldn't fit in there, hell they'd be the second best team in the conference til Texas and OU get in there.  Is it market?  Academics? 
because what TV market does Boise state bring? have you ever heard about Boise state sports in the last 10 years other then the FB program? 

and the major one is academics.

It has everything to do with Academics.  Boise State make Arizona State look like an Ivy League school, that's probably a bit too harsh, but that's the reason they will not get an invite.  Plus, they don't have a track record of success.

They are good now.  Even then, how would their success be in a conference where every game you are playing a BCS game (*No Cal playing HS teams jokes please
laugh.gif
)

Ok, I get the made up fake academics issue, cuz let's face it, the NCAA don't give a @#$% about academics, and neither do the schools, they care about money.  Flat out. 

So yes, Boise's market is worthless, but it's different than Washington St or Oregon St? 
nerd.gif
  My original question is why doesn't Boise beg and plead, point being, do they really want to sit out all this movement?  Yeah they only been around 10 years or whatever, but that's just it, strike now while the iron is hot.  This conference re-alignment isn't going to happen again any time soon, you're good now, conferences re-aligning now, do something.  Don't they have to try at least? 
ohwell.gif

And I'm sorry, if I'm the Pac #, Boise St today has more clout then Colorado or Utah does.  Colorado has the market, ok there, but Utah?  Eh.  Wash St, Oregon St, borderline Arizona schools, I mean, if this is about full on money, cash money, and you want pub, attention, flat out drag people kicking and screaming into this side of the country (see the chart Statis posted last page) then you need teams that bring something.  Utah ain't it.  Colorado don't do @#$%.  You luck into getting Okla and Texas, bring in Boise as well, market be damned, and use their decade worth of national spotlight to your advantage now.  If they can beat Georgia in Georgia, and beat Okla, and beat TCU, and beat Oregon and everyone else, I'm positive they'll survive all those tough back to back weeks vs Arizona St, and Cal, and Stanford next year without Luck, and Oregon St, and Washington St, etc etc etc.  12-0 every year?  No, no they won't do that.  10-2?  Yeah, they just might.  And now you're adding some clout, and some big wins (even if they weren't part of the Pac # when they won them) to your resume.  Jesus, Boise St has more impressive wins the past 8-9 years than ANYBODY in the Pac except USC.  There's no denying that.  People really gonna ignore them because their volleyball program sucks, or they don't have a lot of 4.0 students? 
grin.gif
  That is not even remotely on the radar of these conference re-alignments.  Nobody gives a damn about Texas swimming, or Colorado's golf program or whatever. 

All that said, I know Boise is getting left out.  I'm just questioning the logic and reasoning of it is all.  To me, Boise St should be a LOCK to get into the Pac 16.  Geographically, football wise, they fit perfectly.  I think it's a mistake to pass them by. 

Bigmike23 wrote:
CP1708 wrote:
Why doesn't Boise St beg and plead to get into the Pac pic a number?  Did they not see the power shifts coming, or they just don't care, what gives?  Can't tell me they wouldn't fit in there, hell they'd be the second best team in the conference til Texas and OU get in there.  Is it market?  Academics? 
because what TV market does Boise state bring? have you ever heard about Boise state sports in the last 10 years other then the FB program? 

and the major one is academics.

It has everything to do with Academics.  Boise State make Arizona State look like an Ivy League school, that's probably a bit too harsh, but that's the reason they will not get an invite.  Plus, they don't have a track record of success.

They are good now.  Even then, how would their success be in a conference where every game you are playing a BCS game (*No Cal playing HS teams jokes please
laugh.gif
)

Ok, I get the made up fake academics issue, cuz let's face it, the NCAA don't give a @#$% about academics, and neither do the schools, they care about money.  Flat out. 

So yes, Boise's market is worthless, but it's different than Washington St or Oregon St? 
nerd.gif
  My original question is why doesn't Boise beg and plead, point being, do they really want to sit out all this movement?  Yeah they only been around 10 years or whatever, but that's just it, strike now while the iron is hot.  This conference re-alignment isn't going to happen again any time soon, you're good now, conferences re-aligning now, do something.  Don't they have to try at least? 
ohwell.gif

And I'm sorry, if I'm the Pac #, Boise St today has more clout then Colorado or Utah does.  Colorado has the market, ok there, but Utah?  Eh.  Wash St, Oregon St, borderline Arizona schools, I mean, if this is about full on money, cash money, and you want pub, attention, flat out drag people kicking and screaming into this side of the country (see the chart Statis posted last page) then you need teams that bring something.  Utah ain't it.  Colorado don't do @#$%.  You luck into getting Okla and Texas, bring in Boise as well, market be damned, and use their decade worth of national spotlight to your advantage now.  If they can beat Georgia in Georgia, and beat Okla, and beat TCU, and beat Oregon and everyone else, I'm positive they'll survive all those tough back to back weeks vs Arizona St, and Cal, and Stanford next year without Luck, and Oregon St, and Washington St, etc etc etc.  12-0 every year?  No, no they won't do that.  10-2?  Yeah, they just might.  And now you're adding some clout, and some big wins (even if they weren't part of the Pac # when they won them) to your resume.  Jesus, Boise St has more impressive wins the past 8-9 years than ANYBODY in the Pac except USC.  There's no denying that.  People really gonna ignore them because their volleyball program sucks, or they don't have a lot of 4.0 students? 
grin.gif
  That is not even remotely on the radar of these conference re-alignments.  Nobody gives a damn about Texas swimming, or Colorado's golf program or whatever. 

All that said, I know Boise is getting left out.  I'm just questioning the logic and reasoning of it is all.  To me, Boise St should be a LOCK to get into the Pac 16.  Geographically, football wise, they fit perfectly.  I think it's a mistake to pass them by. 

Originally Posted by gone in 60 seconds

Kinda off topic but why aren't any of these Big 12 schools trying to join the Big 10 instead of the Pac 12

Because the Big Ten doesn't want any of those schools.

Originally Posted by gone in 60 seconds

Kinda off topic but why aren't any of these Big 12 schools trying to join the Big 10 instead of the Pac 12

Because the Big Ten doesn't want any of those schools.

Originally Posted by dreClark

Pretty sure if everything goes according to plan, Jacobs will flip to aTm on his visit tmay
That's kind of what his interviews have been making me think, but I didn't know if that was just him saying what he thought we wanted to hear. Didn't know if Gunna had heard something else or if Jacobs was serious with those quotes...

Originally Posted by dreClark

Pretty sure if everything goes according to plan, Jacobs will flip to aTm on his visit tmay
That's kind of what his interviews have been making me think, but I didn't know if that was just him saying what he thought we wanted to hear. Didn't know if Gunna had heard something else or if Jacobs was serious with those quotes...

Originally Posted by CP1708

nerd.gif
ohwell.gif

grin.gif

Spoiler [+]
Sorry man, +$!$ made no sense.

Looks like OU/OSU thinking about a "reformed" Big XII,
laugh.gif
.  Too little to late, stop dipping your damn toes and jump in already.  Realignment has begun with the ACC's move and aTm's move followed by Missouri's move to the SEC.

Big XII was weak and they lost Nebraska, Colorado (eh) and aTm with Missouri's departure imminent.

Missouri isn't going to pass on the SEC while OU and Texas sort out their lovers quarrell.

nerd.gif
ohwell.gif

grin.gif

Spoiler [+]

Looks like OU/OSU thinking about a "reformed" Big XII,
laugh.gif
.  Too little to late, stop dipping your damn toes and jump in already.  Realignment has begun with the ACC's move and aTm's move followed by Missouri's move to the SEC.

Big XII was weak and they lost Nebraska, Colorado (eh) and aTm with Missouri's departure imminent.

Missouri isn't going to pass on the SEC while OU and Texas sort out their lovers quarrell.

College confidential on CBS sports is a good show. Shows behind the scenes game week for a featured team. I just watched Baylor the week of TCU game

College confidential on CBS sports is a good show. Shows behind the scenes game week for a featured team. I just watched Baylor the week of TCU game

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

laugh.gif
  Sorry man, rambled a bit. 

Here, simplified, you don't think there's a spot for Boise St in the 64? 

4 16 team conferences, Boise St doesn't belong in one?  But Wash St and Oregon St and Utah etc do?  That's basically what I'm getting at. 

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

laugh.gif
  Sorry man, rambled a bit. 

Here, simplified, you don't think there's a spot for Boise St in the 64? 

4 16 team conferences, Boise St doesn't belong in one?  But Wash St and Oregon St and Utah etc do?  That's basically what I'm getting at. 

Washington State and oregon state(BTW as a overall sports program there not a problem) are already in there conference which is why they will be let in. the same goes for the likes of  duke,Virgina,Indiana,Northwestern and Vandy etc etc etc....

Utah gave the Pac12 a new TV market and a Fake Rival for Colorado to have.

i mean its not just the pac12. NOBODY is going after Boise state right now.
ya but stanford, Cal,USC,UW and UCLA all care about academics.

Washington State and oregon state(BTW as a overall sports program there not a problem) are already in there conference which is why they will be let in. the same goes for the likes of  duke,Virgina,Indiana,Northwestern and Vandy etc etc etc....

Utah gave the Pac12 a new TV market and a Fake Rival for Colorado to have.

i mean its not just the pac12. NOBODY is going after Boise state right now.
ya but stanford, Cal,USC,UW and UCLA all care about academics.

Hopefully Oklahoma stays. That gives Cincy the best scenario IMO. If the BE doesn't die this week then it'll die in a few years. I'd rather just leave since the dominoes already have begun to fall.

Hopefully Oklahoma stays. That gives Cincy the best scenario IMO. If the BE doesn't die this week then it'll die in a few years. I'd rather just leave since the dominoes already have begun to fall.

Back
Top Bottom