2011 College Football "The Real been hacked!!!!" .

Originally Posted by manamazing55

Originally Posted by dreClark

It didn't result in him being canned because:

#1 - He's Bobby Bowden
#2 - It was the only problem that was reported.

If it had been a cheating scandal AND the DL coach paying players to come there AND steering them towards agent while in school AND having them attend agent parties then it may have been a different story.

When has a Chancellor ever been fired for cheating that has occurred in their school? How does that even make any sense?
Here is where facts are being skewed by people not keeping up with the investigation. There is no evidence at all that Blake paid any player to attend the school. He was accussed of ZERO recruiting violations.
I have no doubt in my mind that he steered players towards Gary Wichard, his life long friend who was also paying him cash loans.

Although in principle I agree Butch shouldve had some clue that the guys were receiving benefits, at the end of the day, the NCAA, who has gone through everything with a fine tooth comb, is saying they have no evidence whatsoever that he did. So what I am saying is, if there is no evidence, how do you fire a man based on perception?

So they went through everything with a fine toothed comb, yet they weren't even able to examine Butch's phone records that he used for football business?
laugh.gif
Of course there's no proof that Butch knew anything when none of his emails or phone records have been examined and the tutor refused to cooperate with investigators. Butch said last week that UNC has had his cell phone records for months, yet a UNC spokeswoman said UNC hired an outside legal counsel to review them in 2010 but never reviewed them personally and didn't keep a copy. So who's right? Given how poorly they handled McAdoo's paper situation (with nobody even reading the paper in question) I wouldn't be surprised if they had no idea what was in his phone records either.

You're correct in that there were no recruiting violations against Blake in the NOA, but if you don't think he was a dirty recruiter I don't know what to tell you. Everybody knew what the deal was with him even before he got to UNC. 

“UNC tried to bribe me

Anybody else see this from Golden? 
Al Golden would prefer not to hear the term "swagger" at Miami. "I'm so 

tired of talking about 'swagger,'" Golden [said]. "Swagger, as it was said 
to me by Alonzo Highsmith and so many of the other former players, 
was the by-product. It wasn't the product, it was the by-product. ... For 
us, the swagger was developed from demonstrated performance, having 
a chip on your shoulder, and from work ethic. From being the hardest 
working team and being a tough team, playing with passion. All of the 
sudden you have people saying Miami plays with swagger. It only takes 
a couple years where you have kids that think you put on the uniform 
and automatically get swagger because you wear 'the U.'" 
Just from that quote alone I feel confident he is going to turn Miami around. 

Anybody else see this from Golden? 
Al Golden would prefer not to hear the term "swagger" at Miami. "I'm so 

tired of talking about 'swagger,'" Golden [said]. "Swagger, as it was said 
to me by Alonzo Highsmith and so many of the other former players, 
was the by-product. It wasn't the product, it was the by-product. ... For 
us, the swagger was developed from demonstrated performance, having 
a chip on your shoulder, and from work ethic. From being the hardest 
working team and being a tough team, playing with passion. All of the 
sudden you have people saying Miami plays with swagger. It only takes 
a couple years where you have kids that think you put on the uniform 
and automatically get swagger because you wear 'the U.'" 
Just from that quote alone I feel confident he is going to turn Miami around. 

Originally Posted by ScarsOrScabs

#1 - He's Bobby Bowden

If it had been a cheating scandal AND the DL coach paying players to come there AND steering them towards agent while in school AND having them attend agent parties then it may have been a different story.

When has a Chancellor ever been fired for cheating that has occurred in their school? How does that even make any sense?
Here is where facts are being skewed by people not keeping up with the investigation. There is no evidence at all that Blake paid any player to attend the school. He was accussed of ZERO recruiting violations.
I have no doubt in my mind that he steered players towards Gary Wichard, his life long friend who was also paying him cash loans.

Although in principle I agree Butch shouldve had some clue that the guys were receiving benefits, at the end of the day, the NCAA, who has gone through everything with a fine tooth comb, is saying they have no evidence whatsoever that he did. So what I am saying is, if there is no evidence, how do you fire a man based on perception?

He wasnt the chancellor when the misconduct was occurring. He was the head of the college of arts and sciences and was a professor. It was on his watch, and it was his overseeing of tutor hiring that started the whole mess.
Again, his days as Chancellor at UNC are numbered.

You're talking about facts when in all likelihood, you don't know "facts" either.  EVERYONE knew Blake was a crook.  Not a fact but common knowledge.  You're naive if you don't think Butch Davis knew as well and hired him for his ability to bring in recruits whether it was within NCAA boundaries or not.

Illegal recruiting activity happens at every school, most coaches are able to distance themselves from it, some are not.  Butch had been doing a good job with his personal cell phone apparently but Blake's dealings with Wichard got him caught up ultimately.  If you also think that he was completely unaware of what was going on with his tutor, you're blind.

I don't no why, if you're truly a fan on UNC, you'd so adamantly stick up for Butch Davis and not for your university's well-being.  He's led it down a path that could ultimately put it in worse shape that it had been despite all of the talent acquired and the almost glorious 2010 season.  BTW, would that have even been a remote possibility if the program (whether you want to believe it was just Blake, Davis, boosters or anyone affiliated) hadn't cheated?

I have no inside information, I read the documentation. That is what the NCAA and UNC are going by.

I dont know if you know this or not........when John Blake was hired, there was a process prior to him signing the contract wherein the NCAA cleared him to be a coach under their umbrella. He was CLEARED. He also was recommended by legendary coach Tom Osborne.

The only reason Greg Little even mentioned the tutor, was because they caught him redhanded on taking jewelry. 

What happened has happened and I can move on. My point is this, I dont care what Butch did or didnt do, I care what you can PROVE. The court of law should be no different than this case. If you cant prove it, it didnt happen.

Originally Posted by ScarsOrScabs

#1 - He's Bobby Bowden

He wasnt the chancellor when the misconduct was occurring. He was the head of the college of arts and sciences and was a professor. It was on his watch, and it was his overseeing of tutor hiring that started the whole mess.
Again, his days as Chancellor at UNC are numbered.

You're talking about facts when in all likelihood, you don't know "facts" either.  EVERYONE knew Blake was a crook.  Not a fact but common knowledge.  You're naive if you don't think Butch Davis knew as well and hired him for his ability to bring in recruits whether it was within NCAA boundaries or not.

Illegal recruiting activity happens at every school, most coaches are able to distance themselves from it, some are not.  Butch had been doing a good job with his personal cell phone apparently but Blake's dealings with Wichard got him caught up ultimately.  If you also think that he was completely unaware of what was going on with his tutor, you're blind.

I don't no why, if you're truly a fan on UNC, you'd so adamantly stick up for Butch Davis and not for your university's well-being.  He's led it down a path that could ultimately put it in worse shape that it had been despite all of the talent acquired and the almost glorious 2010 season.  BTW, would that have even been a remote possibility if the program (whether you want to believe it was just Blake, Davis, boosters or anyone affiliated) hadn't cheated?

I have no inside information, I read the documentation. That is what the NCAA and UNC are going by.

I dont know if you know this or not........when John Blake was hired, there was a process prior to him signing the contract wherein the NCAA cleared him to be a coach under their umbrella. He was CLEARED. He also was recommended by legendary coach Tom Osborne.

The only reason Greg Little even mentioned the tutor, was because they caught him redhanded on taking jewelry. 

What happened has happened and I can move on. My point is this, I dont care what Butch did or didnt do, I care what you can PROVE. The court of law should be no different than this case. If you cant prove it, it didnt happen.

Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

#1 - He's Bobby Bowden

So they went through everything with a fine toothed comb, yet they weren't even able to examine Butch's phone records that he used for football business?
laugh.gif
Of course there's no proof that Butch knew anything when none of his emails or phone records have been examined and the tutor refused to cooperate with investigators. Butch said last week that UNC has had his cell phone records for months, yet a UNC spokeswoman said UNC hired an outside legal counsel to review them in 2010 but never reviewed them personally and didn't keep a copy. So who's right? Given how poorly they handled McAdoo's paper situation (with nobody even reading the paper in question) I wouldn't be surprised if they had no idea what was in his phone records either.

You're correct in that there were no recruiting violations against Blake in the NOA, but if you don't think he was a dirty recruiter I don't know what to tell you. Everybody knew what the deal was with him even before he got to UNC. 

“UNC tried to bribe me

#1 - He's Bobby Bowden

laugh.gif

“UNC tried to bribe me

Pull your head out of the sand. How does half your team get suspended without the coach knowing anything? Butch should have been fired long ago.

Pull your head out of the sand. How does half your team get suspended without the coach knowing anything? Butch should have been fired long ago.

manamazing, Coaches are supposed to log the calls they make for recruiting and stuff and have the compliance office check it every month, that's one reason university issued phones exist. UNC turned over Butch's university phone records because the NCAA requested them, but there were no calls on his phone since he used the 216 phone. That is an issue on its own.

Butch might not have any accusations against him, but he is the head of the football program, and the accusations are against people (Blake, Jennifer Wiley) that are affiliated with the program through Butch. Butch and Blake had a relationship for decades and were good friends; when he put together his staff it's his job to make hires in the best interests of the program. If I'm managing a store or running a company and I bring in two of my lifelong friends as assistant managers, it reflects poorly upon me if they end up getting caught stealing money from the company or being amoral. From the standpoint of the people who own the company, it doesn't really matter whether or not I knew that my friends would steal, it only matters that it happened and due to my poor judgment the company is now at a loss. That makes me indirectly responsible for the actions of the people whom I hire.

It's also incumbent upon him to make sure that his life outside of football doesn't hurt the program. Employing a tutor who was dismissed by the university for improper assistance with players is a poor decision for the head of the football team to make. Even if it wasn't intentionally done (hard to believe), Butch willfully kept around somebody who had already done damage to the team by affecting players' eligibility. It's a pretty damning coincidence that she also paid $1700 worth of parking tickets for a player when she was only a teacher/tutor. My mom is a teacher and so are several friends, none of them would have that kinda extra money to throw around.

So yea there has not been any hard evidence that proves Butch was directly involved, but the mountain of circumstantial evidence is very hard to ignore and doesn't make him a good representative of the program. There was no hard evidence that proved Casey Anthony killed her daughter, but with the circumstantial evidence + the way she acted I sure wouldn't let her babysit my kids.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by BlazerFan

there are 85 players on the team. 14 I believe were suspended, with Ryan Houston and DaNorris Searcy being totally cleared. So you are talking a handful of players, not half the team.

Im not naive, I know what college athletics is all about. Again, there is some level of proof that needs to be obtained first.

For example, everyone in the AAU and college coaching circles knows that John Calipari uses shady recruiting tactics to get players. But until you can PROVE it, you cant dismiss him.

manamazing, Coaches are supposed to log the calls they make for recruiting and stuff and have the compliance office check it every month, that's one reason university issued phones exist. UNC turned over Butch's university phone records because the NCAA requested them, but there were no calls on his phone since he used the 216 phone. That is an issue on its own.

Butch might not have any accusations against him, but he is the head of the football program, and the accusations are against people (Blake, Jennifer Wiley) that are affiliated with the program through Butch. Butch and Blake had a relationship for decades and were good friends; when he put together his staff it's his job to make hires in the best interests of the program. If I'm managing a store or running a company and I bring in two of my lifelong friends as assistant managers, it reflects poorly upon me if they end up getting caught stealing money from the company or being amoral. From the standpoint of the people who own the company, it doesn't really matter whether or not I knew that my friends would steal, it only matters that it happened and due to my poor judgment the company is now at a loss. That makes me indirectly responsible for the actions of the people whom I hire.

It's also incumbent upon him to make sure that his life outside of football doesn't hurt the program. Employing a tutor who was dismissed by the university for improper assistance with players is a poor decision for the head of the football team to make. Even if it wasn't intentionally done (hard to believe), Butch willfully kept around somebody who had already done damage to the team by affecting players' eligibility. It's a pretty damning coincidence that she also paid $1700 worth of parking tickets for a player when she was only a teacher/tutor. My mom is a teacher and so are several friends, none of them would have that kinda extra money to throw around.

So yea there has not been any hard evidence that proves Butch was directly involved, but the mountain of circumstantial evidence is very hard to ignore and doesn't make him a good representative of the program. There was no hard evidence that proved Casey Anthony killed her daughter, but with the circumstantial evidence + the way she acted I sure wouldn't let her babysit my kids.
laugh.gif

there are 85 players on the team. 14 I believe were suspended, with Ryan Houston and DaNorris Searcy being totally cleared. So you are talking a handful of players, not half the team.

Im not naive, I know what college athletics is all about. Again, there is some level of proof that needs to be obtained first.

For example, everyone in the AAU and college coaching circles knows that John Calipari uses shady recruiting tactics to get players. But until you can PROVE it, you cant dismiss him.

Butch might not have any accusations against him, but he is the head of the football program, and the accusations are against people (Blake, Jennifer Wiley) that are affiliated with the program through Butch. Butch and Blake had a relationship for decades and were good friends; when he put together his staff it's his job to make hires in the best interests of the program. If I'm managing a store or running a company and I bring in two of my lifelong friends as assistant managers, it reflects poorly upon me if they end up getting caught stealing money from the company or being amoral. From the standpoint of the people who run the company, it doesn't really matter whether or not I knew that my friends would steal, it only matters that it happened and due to my poor judgment the company is now at a loss. That makes me indirectly responsible for the actions of the people whom I hire.

laugh.gif

I get our point. Let me offer counterpoints to some of it. Wiley was not accussed of any wrong doing until after she was tutoring Butch's son, Drew. Wiley was hired by the College of Arts and Sciences run by Holden Thorp.
The whole theory about her paying Greg Little's parking tickets was that he had a "relationship" with him. I'm not in a position to say if thats true or not, but I wouldnt doubt it.

But even if we disagree on Butch's negligence or not, can you at least agree that it makes no sense to wait 8 days before camp starts to pull this trigger?

Butch might not have any accusations against him, but he is the head of the football program, and the accusations are against people (Blake, Jennifer Wiley) that are affiliated with the program through Butch. Butch and Blake had a relationship for decades and were good friends; when he put together his staff it's his job to make hires in the best interests of the program. If I'm managing a store or running a company and I bring in two of my lifelong friends as assistant managers, it reflects poorly upon me if they end up getting caught stealing money from the company or being amoral. From the standpoint of the people who run the company, it doesn't really matter whether or not I knew that my friends would steal, it only matters that it happened and due to my poor judgment the company is now at a loss. That makes me indirectly responsible for the actions of the people whom I hire.

laugh.gif

I get our point. Let me offer counterpoints to some of it. Wiley was not accussed of any wrong doing until after she was tutoring Butch's son, Drew. Wiley was hired by the College of Arts and Sciences run by Holden Thorp.
The whole theory about her paying Greg Little's parking tickets was that he had a "relationship" with him. I'm not in a position to say if thats true or not, but I wouldnt doubt it.

But even if we disagree on Butch's negligence or not, can you at least agree that it makes no sense to wait 8 days before camp starts to pull this trigger?

How many programs suspended 14 players? How many programs feature a runner nicknamed "Black Santa"?  I got some ocean front property to sell you.  Denial ain't just a river in Egypt....  it's a hangout for Ducks, Buckeyes & Tar Heels.  When dealing with the NCAA you don't need proof.  Why has Coach Calipari had to vacate damn near everything he's ever won?  Would you rather keep Butch and get bombed into the stone age by the NCAA or sever ties with the man who failed to maintain control of his program. What a joke.

How many programs suspended 14 players? How many programs feature a runner nicknamed "Black Santa"?  I got some ocean front property to sell you.  Denial ain't just a river in Egypt....  it's a hangout for Ducks, Buckeyes & Tar Heels.  When dealing with the NCAA you don't need proof.  Why has Coach Calipari had to vacate damn near everything he's ever won?  Would you rather keep Butch and get bombed into the stone age by the NCAA or sever ties with the man who failed to maintain control of his program. What a joke.

Originally Posted by Furrell

Syracuse, NY—One man was stabbed this morning after a large fight broke out at a party in the 500 block of Slocum Drive on the Syracuse University campus, Syracuse police said.

Police said that when they responded at 1:25 a.m. found a 19-year-old man who had been stabbed multiple times. They are not releasing the name of the victim.

See our previous coverage.
The victim was taken to Upstate University Hospital by Rural Metro ambulance. His injuries are not considered life threatening.

Rural Metro spokeswoman Melissa Fleischmann said ambulance crews also took a 24-year-old man with stab wounds from Slocum Drive to Upstate University Hospital for treatment.

Police ask that anyone with information about the incident call 442-5222.

Syracuse University officials referred all questions about the stabbing to police.

i was at the party. they jump 2 dudes smh. +%#%$ moves, was like 10 dudes on 1 person then his boy tried to help & more jumped in. +%#%$ football players smh
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Furrell

Syracuse, NY—One man was stabbed this morning after a large fight broke out at a party in the 500 block of Slocum Drive on the Syracuse University campus, Syracuse police said.

Police said that when they responded at 1:25 a.m. found a 19-year-old man who had been stabbed multiple times. They are not releasing the name of the victim.

See our previous coverage.
The victim was taken to Upstate University Hospital by Rural Metro ambulance. His injuries are not considered life threatening.

Rural Metro spokeswoman Melissa Fleischmann said ambulance crews also took a 24-year-old man with stab wounds from Slocum Drive to Upstate University Hospital for treatment.

Police ask that anyone with information about the incident call 442-5222.

Syracuse University officials referred all questions about the stabbing to police.

i was at the party. they jump 2 dudes smh. +%#%$ moves, was like 10 dudes on 1 person then his boy tried to help & more jumped in. +%#%$ football players smh
30t6p3b.gif

Back
Top Bottom