**2012-13 "Gentlemanly" NBA PG Discussion Thread**

and RW shot 40% 2 years ago in the playoffs does that take away how great he looked in he playoffs?

Um...so there were no detractors of Russ' play due to his FG% and shot selection?

Last edited:
I mean I left him out too...but kind funny how Nash has been passed over mostly in this discussion and he almost led a group of bums to the playoffs last year. Keep waiting for father time to catch up to him, we'll se if it does this year.

Um...so there were no detractors of Russ' play due to his FG% and shot selection?
only because you had people who thought KD should be shooting more and everyone that was watching the games could tell u KD wasnt asking for the ball or fighting to get it, RW would shoot because he had no choice

did drose shoot bad? ya but your making it seem like all you did was look up FG% to say drose had a mediocre playoff run, when anybody who watch all those games could tell you other wise. he shot piss poor in only 2 games VS indy in the first round and shot 45% VS atl. we all said bron put him on lock down in the east finals

Last edited:
How I see it going into this season

CP3

Deron

Russy

Rose(would be 2nd but injuries)

Parker

Rondo

The thing about that Miami series is that he shot bad against LeBron... He gave all the other players who guarded him WORK.from Bibby to Chalmers to Wade, they got it.

which was the reason for Bron gaurding him in the first place.

only because you had people who thought KD should be shooting more and everyone that was watching the games could tell u KD wasnt asking for the ball or fighting to get it, RW would shoot because he had no choice

did drose shoot bad? ya but your making it seem like all you did was look up FG% to say drose had a mediocre playoff run, when anybody who watch all those games could tell you other wise. he shot piss poor in only 2 games VS indy in the first round and shot 45% VS atl. we all said bron put him on lock down in the east finals

So the main problem are the words being used to describe Rose's 2011 playoffs.

You have an issue w/ me calling it mediocre, and I have an issue with it being called elite/dominant.

Bottom line, he had good games and bad games. For someone to play at an elite/dominant level, TO ME, that means it's a memorable run. A run that's going to be talked about years down the road. Was it?

On my end, maybe saying "mediocre" wasn't the right term. I can admit that. However, I think we can all agree that there was some good as well as bad to go with his 2011 playoffs. Right?

What Rose has to do vs what someone like Rondo has to do is so different and how they get judged.

Rose can play balls out for 45 minutes, score 38 and because he shoots 42% it's an eh game.

Rondo can play 45 minutes, score 8, and be labeled as the guy that dominated the game.

Which makes which better?

Other factors being left out, pretty sure EVERY team MUST prep and go all in on Rose, where as against Rondo, you prep for Pierce, or KG, or Allen (now Terry) and then try to worry about limiting Rondo.

If you switched Rondo and Rose, and you have to prep for the guys in Boston AND deal with Rose on the attack, how would you feel about that?

And if Rondo had the Chicago cast, he still going to put up the same numbers? Or would defenses back off Rondo and sit in Boozer's lap, stay home on Deng, stay on Noah, etc?

I think the 40% stuff gets a tad overblown for guys like Russ and Rose. I don't want them brickin all night either, but they do so much for their teams, hard to simply put a label on that number and call it accurate as a reflection of how they manage their teams.

Rondo is better than Rose in any situation period IMO. I think most in the NBA would agree and would rather Rondo on their team.

Not to mention Rose is clearly made of glass. Rondo is tough and consistent. For the next 7-8 years give me Rondo

I love Rondo, but I dunno about that. Switch their casts and that jumper he don't have would get triply exposed.

I honestly have no idea how I would slot CP3, Deron, Rondo, Rose, and Russ.

What I do know, is Rondo has the most talent around him with Russ close by.

You can't back off Paul. Can't back off Deron. Can't back off Russ and you can't back off Rose.

You can (or used to be able to, we'll see this year) back off Rondo and limit him hurting you. The greatness of Rondo is he finds so many other ways to hurt you. Steals, boards, deflections, penetrating, etc.

But I don't think it's the slam dunk you make it that he's "better" than Rose, and every GM would agree.

He crossed the line along time ago... Same guy who wanted to trade Ray midseason then called him every name in the book for not resigning.

He talks as if Pooh hasn't given Rajon WORK since they met in the playoffs 4 yrs ago. :lol: hilarious.

It will be interesting to see what he can do once KG & Paul retire.

Last edited:
Last night I got an opportunity to watch a couple of solid PG's in Mike Conley & Jeremy Lin

I must say I was impressed by Lin's passing. He constantly looked to distribute and found Patrick Patterson early and often. At one point a near full court pass after an offensive rebound. I wasn't pleased with his poor FT shooting but its still preseason.

Conley looked solid as well, playing very good defense on Delfino & Lin, even picking off a lazy Kevin Martin pass at one point for the score.

I was imrpessed by both guards ability to penetrate.

Lin's greatest strength seemed to be drawing the foul at will. He just needs to knock down his FTs

Rondo is better than Rose in any situation period IMO. I think most in the NBA would agree and would rather Rondo on their team.

Not to mention Rose is clearly made of glass. Rondo is tough and consistent. For the next 7-8 years give me Rondo

Rondo is better than Rose in any situation period IMO.

There's a difference in being a fan and being a fanatic.

You have clearly crossed that line...

clearly

rondo wouldnt pick himself over rose stop fronting fam :lol:

I mean I left him out too...but kind funny how Nash has been passed over mostly in this discussion and he almost led a group of bums to the playoffs last year. Keep waiting for father time to catch up to him, we'll se if it does this year.

Like I said before, I think this is the year where he falls out of the top 5 conversation but he should get some consideration.

And Rondo has been adding years to all three of their careers for the last 3 seasons. How is he gonna fall flat on his face?

Like I said before, I think this is the year where he falls out of the top 5 conversation but he should get some consideration.

And Rondo has been adding years to all three of their careers for the last 3 seasons. How is he gonna fall flat on his face?

"fall on his face without them he will imo"

To be fair, the whole Rondo has so much talent around him part gets overblown as well...KG only scores on midrange jumpers that he gets when Rondo penetrates and dishes...plus Rondo makes passes that simply no body else in the league can make.

I agree with CP, these guys are all so good and none of them have really distinugished themselves from each other. In any given series, any of them could out play the other.

I don't want anyone to get me confused... Rajon is one of my favorite players in the L today, Hell I have him ranked # 1 right now bc I don't know where Pooh is..

But I just can't see how someone can say that he's WAY better than or leaps and bounds ahead of Pooh. I can see someone choosing him over Pooh and vice versa but to make the former statement just seems way out there to me. Same with Russy, I don't feel as though Pooh is leaps and bounds ahead of Russy, I just think that they're in different situations, and it depends on what you need depends on who you align yourself with.

Its like the Chris v Deron debate. You can't be mad or disappointed in anyone going either way, but to say one is just head and shoulders over the other well... You're On WATER.

These 5 guys are clearly the A Class now the order you rank them in that's based upon your preference and I can't be mad at where you place anyone of them.

I'd rather talk about the 2nd Tier: The Up & Comers: Kyrie, Jrue, John, Dragic, Conley... These are much more interesting debates imo.

Rose is made of Glass? WTF?

Was I dreaming when Rose tore his ACL ? No timetable for his return ? Hes clearly injury prone. Look at the play he suffered his i jury on Ol Boy didnt even make any drastic movements. He landed on his feet and his acl tore apart.

Glass.

Yall dont need to worry about what happens when Pierce and Garnett leave. Rondo been carrying the team on his back the last three years. The same team who was trading blows with the Heat in the ECF while "Pooh" was at the crib on the couch feeling sorry for himself.

Im not talking about some one on one game at the playground. Im talking about being a winner and making the guys around you better and in that regard its Rondo >>> Rose all day.

That was part of my point, he's been making them better the last three years. Put them on other teams, I'm not sure you get the same production without him. My point being, I think he'll be better without them.

He crossed the line along time ago... Same guy who wanted to trade Ray midseason then called him every name in the book for not resigning.
No, that was finnns. NooEra was shockingly level-headed about the Ray situation.

Tearing your ACL once is considered being made of glass? You can tear your damn ACL stepping off the curb wrong, how the hell does that make him soft? Getting injured once on a play like that does not equal being made of glass.

Back
Top Bottom