2013-2014 NBA Season Thread - Congrats to the Spurs, DBD is still a buster

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, not really.

Indy wired to wired game 1. They led in the 4th with about 5 minutes left in game 2. They were up midway thru the 3rd last night before the Heat got going.

Indy has controlled like 9 of the 12 quarters, they just are inept. :lol:

Bron cramping up.
Birdman looked wounded.

Haslem, Battier can't give much more.

Thing is, Spo has been amazing, and his 28 games off for Wade is helping now, but at what cost to LeBron??? Bron needs to close out vs George, and then either Kawhi, or Durant. That's not good.

87 Celts were the last, and McHale played with a broken foot, and Bird's back was so bad, we never saw him again (as the real Bird) after that.

Last night, the big contributors were Rashard Lewis, and Norris Cole. Two of the freshest players on the roster. And this was off 3 days of rest.

If Indy can push to 6-7, how do the Heat get enough energy from guys literally dragging right now?

THEN, try to beat a deep Spurs team, or a young 100 mph Thunder team?

It's coming. Dead legs are coming. But we'll see, maybe Wade and Bron have just enough to get them by.

^^ I think the reason for the wink correlates to the fact that he's a cavs fan i.e lebron switching teams and going back to cleveland.  correct me if I'm wrong hahahha

also tbh I am in the same boat as you.  for those reasons you stated above I don't think Miami could win in the finals.  this Spurs team BADLY WANTS Miami in the finals to exact revenge from last year.  I've never seen "revenge mode Spurs" but I'm guessing it's going to look extremely dominant

Last edited:
The Heat are beatable though just because of the competition they've faced so far. They dont have that "look" they had last year.

The Spurs? Idk this team looks SCARY. Better than last year. They're toying with teams that would probably take the Heat to 6-7
:lol: :lol:

I think the horrible defense of portland and okc is making the spurs look better than they really are
true, but the way the ball moves in that spurs offense, I really don't think anyone is quick enough to defend that system properly.  you can't outrun the ball

I just really like the way the heat are playing. Closing out quarters strong, getting into passing lanes, deflections and shooting a high percentage from the field. Their offensive execution has been amazing against this top ranked Pacer defense. 

Their activity on both sides of the ball has been scary. 

bron can still win with the current roster but it would be nice if he had more help so he doesnt have to exert so much energy
wade will probably rest 40-50 gms next yr and just focus on playoff runs. in a few more yrs, he might just play a handful of regular season gms only
ray is in terrific shape and can probably play til 45
they'll plug in role players with vets looking to get a chip and willing to take less
bosh is still sorta in his "prime" yrs

I think the horrible defense of portland and okc is making the spurs look better than they really are
Why say this? Spurs are the best team in their conference, clearly. If you're going to discredit the Spurs when they are clearly the superior team in the conference... not sure what you're looking for with that statement.

In this day and age, how easily or badly you beat other teams on the way to the finals is essentially meaningless.

This just feels a lot less like teams trading off (Celtics over Lakers in 08, Lakers over Celtics in 10), and more like Bulls over Jazz, twice.

Back then, people were saying "Jazz again? As long as the Bulls still have that one guy..."

Spurs again? As long as the Heat still have that one guy...

bron can still win with the current roster but it would be nice if he had more help so he doesnt have to exert so much energy
wade will probably rest 40-50 gms next yr and just focus on playoff runs. in a few more yrs, he might just play a handful of regular season gms only
ray is in terrific shape and can probably play til 45
they'll plug in role players with vets looking to get a chip and willing to take less
bosh is still sorta in his "prime" yrs
it's possible, but not probable.  lebron looks GASSED this postseason after wade missing 28 games.  next season if wade misses 35/40, lebron won't be able to carry the team throughout the entire playoffs again.  they need mike miller like players who can play a role and play that role extremely well.  they shouldn't be passive this offseason even if they do win the title

You've said this ever since they won game 7 last year.

And it made sense.

Made perfect sense.

Our Lakers never went to 4 straight, you said.

Dominant Bulls never went to 4 straight, you said.

Not since the Celtics... in the 60s, you said.

And I've been riding with that.

But DUDE... they look... REALLY good.

Yeah I keep saying they can't do it they can't do it but they look like they can pull it off smh :smh: :x

All Haters hope is with the Spurs because OKC isn't full strength (not sure it matters), and Indiana sucks at closing out games....they're too sloppy the Heat can steal games they have no business winning.

View media item 989414

I'm sure Miami can lure talent there to play with Lebron if he stays. We'll take bosh though.

Personally I think you're all crazy.

they have played 4 100 game seasons, and extra seasons worth of playoff games.

nobody is getting to 4 straight finals and winning, there is a reason that barely anyone ever makes it to 4 straight finals, and nobody wins when they there.

Fatigue will get to them eventually, you can see it in this series.

I hear you, but at the same time I do think this Heat run is independent of other teams campaigns to make 4 straight finals and win it all.

IMO, there are just far too many different variables that could potentially come into play. Them simply being too tired is too simple of an answer as to why they can't do it. I just feel that Wade and Bron are good enough to carry them to a fourth straight final and win it all. We'll see.

That fatigue statement is a tiring way to pray on the heats downfall, these dudes are pro athletes, they pace themselves throughout the regular season, they have multiple days off in the playoffs but yall still praying for that "fatigue" to kick in, instead of just expressing your real dislike for them

Miami imo has the fastest defense in terms of switching and rotations
I agree completely but in the game yesterday it was Indiana's interior passing between West and Hibbert that led them to their 15 point lead.  Hibbert had 10 points in the 1st quarter alone. the Pacers (stupidly) never went back to that 2 man game that was working so well for them and they lost the game. every single one of the  spurs' players are adept passers.  no matter how quickly one can rotate off a double team, there's still going to be ONE open guy either cutting to the basket or spotting up for the 3.  the spurs are hands down the best at exploiting a defensive scheme

I just feel like if the Spurs and Heat meet, the Heat will win because of Lebron James and Dwyane Wade. However, if the Spurs do win, it won't be because Miami is tired, it'll be because they are killing them with ball movement, and 3 point shooting.

Miami last night was a different beast defensively. How likely is it that they'll be able to keep that up for the remainder of the playoffs? Who knows. But, if they are able to somehow keep up that rabid, flying around defense, then I really like their chances.

I just feel like if the Spurs and Heat meet, the Heat will win because of Lebron James and Dwyane Wade. However, if the Spurs do win, it won't be because Miami is tired, it'll be because they are killing them with ball movement, and 3 point shooting.

Miami last night was a different beast defensively. How likely is it that they'll be able to keep that up for the remainder of the playoffs? Who knows. But, if they are able to somehow keep up that rabid, flying around defense, then I really like their chances.
I agree with every part of this.  

Switching up things, if Miami somehow doesn't win, who thinks Lebron will have another shot at a 3 peat?

If Miami gets to the finals there won't be a fatigue problem. You guys think with a chance to 3 peat in the finals there gonna struggle with fatigue? You ever heard of momentum or will to win? Lebron won't end up guarding KD if okc gets to the finals Battier will do most the work. Same with kawi Battier will do most the work. Wade rested 20+ games to be rested in the playoffs. Fatigue won't be a problem if they get there.

Maybe LeBron will go to the NFL for two seasons and then come back to get another three peat granted they do it this year.

:nerd:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom