2013-2014 NBA Season Thread - Congrats to the Spurs, DBD is still a buster

Status
Not open for further replies.
When it comes to the Pacers...

1. Lance is gone. Just won't be able to give him $10mil a year like a few teams that are going after him can. They'll be a luxury tax team for 4 years if they keep Lance at what he'd want to stay. Indy can't afford that financially. Lance doesn't seem to want to be there, and not sure Indy wants him that much either. He'll be in LA or Chicago next year.
2. No one will take on Hibbert because of the collapse, he's shown he's mentally weak, and just isn't that skilled. If a team did take him, you're getting a **** salad sandwich contract in return anyway.
3. George Hill's contract is 3 years left. He's an average at best PG. Only way you unload that is trading away a bunch of draft picks, or take back a similar contract that might be a few million less on top of draft picks.

Lance is a good 3rd option in the NBA. The mistakes the Pacers made was giving way too much to role players, who had very little business getting the money they got.

Last edited:
Hibbert has the option to be a free agent after next season...

But regardless, I think some of you are overreacting to Hibbert. Yes, he is inconsistent and fragile mentally, but he also happens to be one of the best defensive players in the league.

Last edited:
Still the best Westbrook dunk though:

sick.gif
That was filthy but my personal favorite russ dunk is this one

Hibbert has the option to be a free agent after next season...

But regardless, I think some of you are overreacting to Hibbert. Yes, he is inconsistent and fragile mentally, but he also happens to be one of the best defensive players in the league.

That's where it gets murky.

If he opts out, Pacers have to try to keep him, because he can play Defense, and you'll be paying just as much for any good big man. If he goes, then they are really building from nothing, and by the time they get anywhere significant putting a team around George, Paul George will be going into his last year of his contract, and he'll be looking to get out.

NOBODY is giving lance 10 mil a year. Stop with that . He's too much of a clown to be taken serious. He's a toned down version of jr smith minus the inconsistencies.

Roy hibbert Plays defense? This season he's been buns for the most part.
The heat look like they have a lay up drill going.

Last edited:
 And what the **** is up with these automatic playing videos in here? Anyway i can stop that **** from happening?
think of them as basically gifs with audio.

dudes who embed vines should be deselecting the automatic audio on option though so the sound remains muted

I was about to say Roy and West have player options after next season. And if the luxury tax keeps going up at the $5 mil/year rate like predicted, they could sign Lance for 10 mil, pay very minimal tax for the next 2 seasons and only have he and PG24 on the books for 2016 when KD becomes a free agent.

Yeah we know Kobe had the most dominant center ever and MJ had Pippen.

Get outta here Clifford
And had Rodman and both had a hall of fame coach. I really think this guy cries in his sleep about the big 3. He was even in the heat thread complaining about them coming together.

Last edited:
I was about to say Roy and West have player options after next season. And if the luxury tax keeps going up at the $5 mil/year rate like predicted, they could sign Lance for 10 mil, pay very minimal tax for the next 2 seasons and only have he and PG24 on the books for 2016 when KD becomes a free agent.

It won't go up $5mil a year.

This is like a once in 5-6 year thing where the market readjusts. Then the cap and luxury tax goes up at most $1mil a year, but most times $500K.

If KD leaves OKC it will be to a big market team, or Wizards. No way he goes from a small market team that has championship contention to another small market team.

Oh I forgot to add somehow getting rid of George Hill like OKC should have did with perk to keep their young core together.

Stephenson just doesn't fit on there roster in my opinion. What they wanna do and what the pacers are about dosent fit with his personality. There better off letting him go and signing somebody else if possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom