2013-2014 NBA Season Thread - Congrats to the Spurs, DBD is still a buster

Status
Not open for further replies.

do u know how long its been since i read the first amendment?
Reading the First Amendment isn't going to help, because 225 years of the Supreme Court interpreting that amendment is what we're really talking about here (and I have zero faith in you brushing up on that). But here's a quick primer for you: Hate speech is protected by the Constitution. It's why the KKK can hold public rallies. It's why the Westboro Baptist Church can stage their dumb "protests". Now, the cool thing about the First Amendment is that you don't have to agree with the message that these hate groups are preaching. Also, just because you disagree with them, doesn't mean they can be punished on a city, state, or federal level, just because they offended you.

In other words, the law essentially respects peoples' right to an opinion. It's not a matter of right or wrong, or whether or not a majority of the public agrees or disagrees.

That being said, speech is NOT protected when it comes to the private sector (the NBA) or the court of public opinion (that's not a real court, just so we're clear). Donald Sterling can say whatever the hell he wants, and to anyone. However, if those comments become public (whether or not the recording was obtained legally doesn't matter, as the recordings aren't being used as evidence against him in a court of law), then he is subject to the consequences as determined by the business whose bylaws he agreed to.
i never brought up his first amendment rights.

im saying that the league is within their right to withhold his profits of the sale of his team due to his behavior leading him to lose the team. 
see are comments like this really necessary? have u said anyhting to try and insult your intelligence?

Stephenson just doesn't fit on there roster in my opinion. What they wanna do and what the pacers are about dosent fit with his personality. There better off letting him go and signing somebody else if possible.
Problem is Indy needs his playmaking. Unless they want to be relying on the Georges, Hibbert and West.

Hibbert has the option to be a free agent after next season...

But regardless, I think some of you are overreacting to Hibbert. Yes, he is inconsistent and fragile mentally, but he also happens to be one of the best defensive players in the league.

He's not turning down a 15 million dollar option. No way.

NOBODY is giving lance 10 mil a year. Stop with that . He's too much of a clown to be taken serious. He's a toned down version of jr smith minus the inconsistencies.

Roy hibbert Plays defense? This season he's been buns for the most part.
The heat look like they have a lay up drill going.

You're crazy if you don't think lance is getting 10 million. Probably be one if the most coveted 2 guards in FA, and I guarantee his agent brings up tyreke evans.

And yes, Hibbert does play defense. No he wasn't buns this season. He is what he has been over his career thus far.

Bandwagon era this one's for you
true heat fans from 00's yall cool but

View media item 999022

Yeah we know Kobe had the most dominant center ever and MJ had Pippen.

Get outta here Clifford

Get outta here Clifford
And had Rodman and both had a hall of fame coach. I really think this guy cries in his sleep about the big 3. He was even in the heat thread complaining about them coming together.

neither went running for help to win chips
the pic is 10000000% right

NOBODY is giving lance 10 mil a year. Stop with that . He's too much of a clown to be taken serious. He's a toned down version of jr smith minus the inconsistencies.

Yes he will. He's gotten the ball the 4th most on Pacers in terms of usage, and put up 13ppg / 7 rpg / 4.5 apg. Shot 49 from the field, 35 from the 3. Plays good defense. That extra cap space is huge. Him being a clown is why he won't get a max deal

Centers average 16.9 Points Per 48, 12.5 Rebounds Per 48. .443eFG% 13.1 Player Efficiency Rating against Hibbert.

Noah 16.2 PP48/ 13.5 RP48 / .494eFG / 16.7 PER
Howard 16.3 PP48 / 14.0 RP48 / .527 eFG / 16.3 PER

Last edited:
Problem is Indy needs his playmaking. Unless they want to be relying on the Georges, Hibbert and West.
That's up to indy. Do they think Paul George is gonna take that next step or no? Idk I just wouldn't want a guy like lance on my team. Seems like nobody really likes him either with PG not backing him at all

Just scrolling on mobile, is there really an argument being made that the NBA should withhold sterling's profit from him :rofl:

Lance is better than JR.

And he's well worth the $10M due to his rebounding, playmaking and defense.

i dont see a team giving him a long deal just in case. he may land some like 20-25M/3yrs.
i do believe his talent alone is worth more, but i am pretty sure some GMs are afraid that he may be a loose cannon

Last edited:

Get outta here Clifford

Who's. Or what is Clifford?...

Oh look it's my personal troll imlive365

Bro phone calls were not made by Mike or Kobe you no I'm right but you feed off flame wars and you must love me man

0 post of mine go unresponsive from you

I own you troll haha was waiting on you

I'm not going back and forth I refuse to brighten your day go eat sum solo breakfast lonely *** dude

Last edited:
It won't go up $5mil a year.

This is like a once in 5-6 year thing where the market readjusts. Then the cap and luxury tax goes up at most $1mil a year, but most times $500K.

If KD leaves OKC it will be to a big market team, or Wizards. No way he goes from a small market team that has championship contention to another small market team.

Numerous projections have the luxury tax going from $77 mil for next year to $81 mil for 2015/16. Seeing as the league revenues keep increasing at an alarming rate I'm sure we'll see a greater bump than normal as every team is no longer "losing money" like in the previous CBA

We'll see in July but if that stands pacers have the ability to keep Lance outright at $10 mil seeing as they are sitting at $66 mil now for next season and they have Lance's bird rightsor by making one minimal move or paying very minimal tax.

Pacers are at $57 for 2015/16 if Roy and West pick up their player options.

Last edited:
Dudes really still mad about Bron going to Miami?

seriously?

every great player needs other greats to win those are the facts.

who cares how you wind up playing with em.

I always wondered what dudes thought he should have done just stay in cleveland never win ****?

and then these same clowns would give you a speech about how "he has to get a ring" "he's a fraud" etc

Last edited:

Lance Stepehenson is getting 10 million a year bro, its a given at this point.

Same chicago fans crying would be buffing Bron if he went to Chi as he carried that team in the playoffs while D.Rose picks out suits

I'm not even gonna waste my time. Keep complaing about the big 3. Keep wasting your time going in the headmt thread complaing about them. It's alll good I understand your a little salty. Obviously of you talk about the same subject over and over again it must really hurt your feelings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom