2013-2014 NBA Thread - IND @ WAS and OKC @ LAC on ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.
What exactly are these things that front office and Mark Jackson "don't see eye to eye on"?

Probably differences in philosophies I'd assume. A lot of these analytic guys are taking over as the heads of these squads and there seems to be a phasing out of the old school type coaches...see Lionel Hollins getting let go after the Grizz got to the WCF last season. There really is no reason Mark should even be close to getting fired after their franchise made the playoffs once in 17 years before he got there and he's had a win improvement every season he's been there. The roster is flawed but the players love playing for him. I thought that would count for something but apparently it doesn't. Just petty frat type jealously or stupid issues between him and the owner is going to cost him his job and that's a shame.

What exactly are these things that front office and Mark Jackson "don't see eye to eye on"?

They're mutinying on him, from Scallabrine refusing to talk directly to him for like a month and sitting in a different section of the plane (before getting demoted to the D League) and the other dude recording all the conversations. Edit, found it

Per Zach Lowe, Jackson says the thing about West is not true,
Jackson made a show of firing Scalabrine in front of players and other coaches, but he had no real grounds, and the front office made Jackson find a compromise, per a source familiar with the matter: demoting Scalabrine to the D-League. In addition, Jackson has asked that Jerry West, a high-level adviser in Golden State, not attend most practices and team activities, sources say.

But Jackson has continued to play five-man bench units, and the Dubs’ offense, mediocre all season, goes through stretches in which it is over-reliant on isolation. A full 52 percent of Golden State’s possessions this season ended after two or fewer passes, the highest such share in the league, per SportVU data provided to Grantland.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ce-to-save-his-job-with-golden-state-warriors

Last edited:
smokin.gif

I feel like Mark Jackson's religious beliefs will factor into the decision to bring him back or not. From the articles, I read most on the team embrace it, but it seems like it could be a problem for some players which the front office may not want to deal with.

Plus his offense isn't optimal given the roster (too many isos and post ups).

Interesting

Coaches do need to chill with that religious ****...and I only say that cause if a coach was Muslim or some other religion and was pushing it would be a MAJOR controversy

I feel like Mark Jackson's religious beliefs will factor into the decision to bring him back or not. From the articles, I read most on the team embrace it, but it seems like it could be a problem for some players which the front office may not want to deal with.

No reason their offense shouldn't be one of the very best on a consistent basis.

No reason their offense shouldn't be one of the very best on a consistent basis.
Game 1 was a microcosm of what I posted. They were killing it with the Curry-Lee pick and rolls, but went too heavy with the Thompson post ups. And if Barnes had given the team anything, I'm sure Jackson would have ran iso after iso with him.

Last edited:
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/bad-bl...llway-altercation-after-game-7-091723549.html
"It was a crazy scene," a source who witnessed the incident told Yahoo Sports.

After the game ended, the Warriors thought they heard a Clippers assistant coach yell, "It's a little quiet in there," several times outside their locker room, multiple sources said. Warriors guards Stephen Curry and Steve Blake were the first to dart from the locker room and confronted some Clippers ball boys in the hallway between both locker rooms, a source said. The Warriors' coaching staff and players followed Curry and Blake into the hallway where they also confronted Clippers staff members and some players, including forward Glen Davis, sources said.

Jeremiah Rivers, the son of Clippers coach Doc Rivers, said on Twitter that Warriors center Marreese Speights "barged into" the Clippers' locker room, but that was not confirmed. He later deleted the tweet. Another source said Davis and Speights yelled at each other with Speights having to be held back. No punches were thrown, but a lot of screaming took place. The Los Angeles Police Department and game security calmed the situation, a source said.

Between postgame news conferences, Clippers coach Doc Rivers stopped Warriors coach Mark Jackson for a private conversation in the locker room hallway. It's uncertain if they were talking about the incident. The bad blood between the teams included a chippy Christmas game; the Clippers deciding to have separate pregame chapel services from the Warriors; Warriors center Jermaine O'Neal and Clippers forward Blake Griffin engaging in a shouting match after a game; and Rivers and Jackson making multiple snide remarks toward one another during the playoff series.
smokin.gif

I wonder if they'll decide between packaging Lee and Barnes to open up more minutes for Green and improve the depth of the team or for a monster upgrade like Love. Too bad they had to give up draft picks to get Iguodala.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom