2013-2014 NBA Thread - IND @ WAS and OKC @ LAC on ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Pacers have all the pressure. Best home record and already 3 playoff home losses. Hibbert is useless, West is overmatched in the paint without him, Lance is Lance, PG isn't consistent and they have no point guard. The Pacers had a good 2 year run but it's over. They'll have a few glimmers of hope at times but it's fools gold. Nice to see their fans stick by them though.

See, I have a different perspective. It's a new round, new chance at life. Can't dwell on the last series or even the poor play at the end of the season.

PG may not be efficient, but he's averaging 20 and 10 throughout the playoffs so far.. I'll take that from a SF anyday.

Like I said, if Hibbert gets going we are tough to beat. Can't see the Wizards prospering against us this series. No way Jose

define get it going? he hasn't had a double digit rebounding game since march 21st. he hasn't had a 20 point game since march 26th.

in april he averaged 5 points and 3 rebounds.
the first round he averaged 5 points and 4 rebounds.

what are you realistically expecting him to do?

Bradley Beal = Alan Houston / Ray Allen

he reminds me of ben gordon

i believe the key to tonight's spurs/blazers gm is who can score more pts. if the spurs have more by the end of the fourth/regulation, then they will get a W and a 1-0 lead in the series

Last edited:

i don't know how any pacers fan can be this optimistic
laugh.gif

but hey, more power to you. ignorance really is bliss

One day James... One day you'll make it out the 1st round.
he's been to the finals
Damn near forgot he was on that team he played so crap.

But out of the first round with the Rockets... out of the first round as a "superstar"  I should say

i don't know how any pacers fan can be this optimistic :lol:

but hey, more power to you. ignorance really is bliss

View media item 956781

One day James... One day you'll make it out the 1st round.

he's been to the finals

Damn near forgot he was on that team he played so crap.

But out of the first round with the Rockets... out of the first round as a "superstar"  I should say

it was only his second yr in a rockets uniform. last yr they werent expected to beat okc, even with russ injury. the blazers/rockets matchup was a toss up. youre acting like they were heavily favored.

Bradley Beal = Alan Houston / Ray Allen

i believe the key to tonight's spurs/blazers gm is who can score more pts. if the spurs have more by the end of the fourth/regulation, then they will get a W and a 1-0 lead in the series

he's 20. let's pump the brakes and let a couple of years go by to see what a more finished product of him is. the role on his team going forward will greatly shape that.

they could use him as a catch and shoot guy, they could use him as a primary ball handler, slasher etc. lot of factors going into that

If Lowry was out the whole season the Raptors wouldn't have won the division and would've dropped down the the 7th/8th seed. If CP3 was out the whole season the Clippers would be a 4th or 5th seed at worst out west and still would've gotten out the first round.

Last edited:
I'll take that bet too.

Experience excuse yet again..yeah John and Brad have not been to the playoffs before..but how about the rest of the team? :lol:

The 'House of Guards' are getting more confident each game, while Hibbert continues to be inept, Hoosier

like i said, right now he reminds me of ben gordon at worst. of course he can improve. but the kid can flat out shoot the ball and is and offensive talent. ben's first two yrs in chicago were solid. he was putting up very similar numbers.

Last edited:

obvious magic is obvious

I forgot all about that sager question when he asked lebron if the nets are competition in the east and he laughed and said get outta here Craig

The Pacers have all the pressure. Best home record and already 3 playoff home losses. Hibbert is useless, West is overmatched in the paint without him, Lance is Lance, PG isn't consistent and they have no point guard. The Pacers had a good 2 year run but it's over. They'll have a few glimmers of hope at times but it's fools gold. Nice to see their fans stick by them though.

See, I have a different perspective. It's a new round, new chance at life. Can't dwell on the last series or even the poor play at the end of the season.

PG may not be efficient, but he's averaging 20 and 10 throughout the playoffs so far.. I'll take that from a SF anyday.

Like I said, if Hibbert gets going we are tough to beat. Can't see the Wizards prospering against us this series. No way Jose
define get it going? he hasn't had a double digit rebounding game since march 21st. he hasn't had a 20 point game since march 26th.

in april he averaged 5 points and 3 rebounds.
the first round he averaged 5 points and 4 rebounds.

what are you realistically expecting him to do?
It's not all about the stat sheet... if Roy can start the game off energetic by contesting shots, actually rotating on help side defense, and talking on D then we'll be in good shape. He is our defensive anchor. Guys on our team get going if he gets going.

Now if he can actually  get shots to fall in the inside and not force dumb *** hook shots against 3 defenders and is active on the boards. we have a great shot. Our inside outside game is what makes us one of the best team in the league in addition to our defense. If he can statistically grab us 8+ boards and at least 8+ I'm happy. Are those monster numbers? No but this is the new standard

I know you guys are probably like "Who the **** is this guy" but just want to share my two cents and to show that Pacers fans actually exist on this board. Shoutouts to real fans!

Indiana can't shut anyone down defensively anymore. Hibbert is a lost cause at this point.

^^^^^ listen to this man Pacer fans, it doesn't matter how talented you are; once you lose your confidence you are toast. Hibbert's confidence is at 0 and one or two games isn't gonna get it back. The pacers need him to play like last year to win this series and I doubt that's gonna happen.

Just look at last nights game. The Wizards didn't play lights out, they missed a lot of free throws and had several stupid turnovers toward the end of the game. Yet the Wizards still won easily.

Furthermore, all this is getting lumped on Hibbert...George Hill is a major liability also.
This is real talk. The Wizards are getting any shot they want anytime they want and they have a slew of slashers and three point shooters along with two big men that don't give a **** who's in their way. Pacers are done.
 I personally don't think the Wizards have the experience or heart in them to win this series...

If anyone disagrees, my paypal is ready... lets place bets on the series so I can take all of ya monies
I would love that bet. $50 that Wiz win the series? Let me know.

BK will get washed tonight. Miami wins series in five. D Will will blame his struggles on his ankle by game 3.
You have paypal? If so, I'm in.

It's not all about the stat sheet... if Roy can start the game off energetic by contesting shots, actually rotating on help side defense, and talking on D then we'll be in good shape. He is our defensive anchor. Guys on our team get going if he gets going.

Now if he can actually  get shots to fall in the inside and not force dumb *** hook shots against 3 defenders and is active on the boards. we have a great shot. Our inside outside game is what makes us one of the best team in the league in addition to our defense. If he can statistically grab us 8+ boards and at least 8+ I'm happy. Are those monster numbers? No but this is the new standard

I know you guys are probably like "Who the **** is this guy" but just want to share my two cents and to show that Pacers fans actually exist on this board. Shoutouts to real fans!
I commend you for your great faith in such an unmotivated center

Now if he can actually get shots to fall in the inside and not force dumb *** hook shots against 3 defenders and is active on the boards. we have a great shot. Our inside outside game is what makes us one of the best team in the league in addition to our defense. If he can statistically grab us 8+ boards and at least 8+ I'm happy. Are those monster numbers? No but this is the new standard

all the things you're asking of him, including his defense, he hasn't shown the propensity to do so consistently since before the all star break

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom