2013-2014 NBA Thread - IND @ WAS and OKC @ LAC on ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol. "Technically."
He didn't just resign and leave money on the table, the lakers made it clear they weren't going to extend his contract... In other words, you ain't going to be our coach in 2 years.

So they negotiated a buy out.
A buy out is mutually moving on.

As close to being let go of as possible with some integrity.

Sorry for not being "technical," but essentially he got let go of

If they wanted him out they could've outright fired him.

The Lakers were basically giving him another trial year, which he wasn't down for.

They could of. But then you'd have to pay his whole salary PLUS the salary of the next coach you hire. So they were obviously going to just allow him to coach that last year on his contract while Nash finishes his out to, then start fresh in 2015 with great salary space.

I can't believe I'm even explaining this to fellow Laker fans.

C'mon dudes you know Jim didn't want him anymore. He didn't have to negotiate a buy out. He could of forced MDA to resign and lose all his remaining money. He gave him a cheaper check to just leave. I don't get the confusion

Woj says Mark Jackson's been officially fired.
Welp

100x100px-LS-0f2e7af2_2Kz6qha.jpeg
900x900px-LL-b9848f60_LayJLee.gif

:lol: :pimp:

What makes Steve Kerr such a viable, hot coaching option?

I'm saying though... I feel as if the basketball world just started D riding him as next potential Knicks coach out of nowhere. Must be because there aren't many great candidates?

I read an article about him that sold me on him being the Knicks next coach. Basically it summed up...

1. He was coached by great coaches
2. He combines analytics with system X and O basketball.

We dont need a motivational and inspiirational speaker like Mark Jackson. We need an X and O system coach with a great teacher showing him the ways (Phil).

Mark should coach the Jazz though.

They could of. But then you'd have to pay his whole salary PLUS the salary of the next coach you hire. So they were obviously going to just allow him to coach that last year on his contract while Nash finishes his out to, then start fresh in 2015 with great salary space.

I can't believe I'm even explaining this to fellow Laker fans.

C'mon dudes you know Jim didn't want him anymore. He didn't have to negotiate a buy out. He could of forced MDA to resign and lose all his remaining money. He gave him a cheaper check to just leave. I don't get the confusion

We knew that Jim & co didn't want him anymore for sure, or we're just assuming? (Legit asking I may have missed some quotes when he resigned)

As I see it the Lakers wanted him back, but didn't want to guarantee anything more than a year. Trial period again. Help with the rebuild, BUT we'll see how the team likes you before we pick up your option

I thought the line of thinking that they didn't pick up his option to force him out = just fans assuming, because they wanted him out all along

Last edited:
Bittersweet that Jackson is gone. But lacob had his heart set out on it.

If we hire : dantoni, van gundy, kerr, izzo... None of this disagreement will matter.

3.7 boards compared to Gordon's 3 :rofl:

Gordon had a higher assist rate. Their per game numbers were close both in the 3 range just like the rebounding.

So going off those 2 points, the gap between the 2 in those areas is negligible.

And you said the differences go on and on, but you didn't list them.

Please do.
So what? I'm strictly comparing their playing styles as of right now. The way Beal plays right now, May 6 2014, is similar to how Gordon played in Chicago. Period

Beal is better w/ the rock. He's a better rebounder. He's better on defense. He has a better knack for getting others involved....The ceiling is 100x higher than it ever was for Ben Gordon.

As someone who has seen Ben Gordon play in person both at UConn and in the NBA, I don't get or see the comparison.

3.7 boards compared to Gordon's 3 :rofl:

Gordon had a higher assist rate. Their per game numbers were close both in the 3 range just like the rebounding.

So going off those 2 points, the gap between the 2 in those areas is negligible.

And you said the differences go on and on, but you didn't list them.

Please do.
So what? I'm strictly comparing their playing styles as of right now. The way Beal plays right now, May 6 2014, is similar to how Gordon played in Chicago. Period

Beal is better w/ the rock. He's a better rebounder. He's better on defense. He has a better knack for getting others involved....The ceiling is 100x higher than it ever was for Ben Gordon.

As someone who has seen Ben Gordon play in person both at UConn and in the NBA, I don't get or see the comparison.
DJs, Ben Gordon was actually very good for a few years in Chicago, and he was clutch as hell too, similar to what we're seeing from BB. I used to watch the Bulls all the time because we got WGN in our area. Very skilled 2-guard

What held him back imo was he was kind of selfish, he would get his numbers but wouldn't elevate anyone else's play. Beal might have ended up like Gordon if he went to the wrong team, but with the chemistry he's developing here with Wall I think he's gonna be on another level.

People don't realize that a lot of guys have the talent to be great, it's the attitude and work ethic that holds most back.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom