2013-2014 NBA Thread - IND @ WAS and OKC @ LAC on ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.
didnt think my ben gordon comment was gonna rustle his jimmies...
mj aint letting dude get on a playoff roster :lol: :smh:

Beal is better w/ the rock. He's a better rebounder. He's better on defense. He has a better knack for getting others involved....The ceiling is 100x higher than it ever was for Ben Gordon.

As someone who has seen Ben Gordon play in person both at UConn and in the NBA, I don't get or see the comparison.

Eric Gordon before the injuries is a better comparison/ plausible ceiling.

Last edited:
"Do you remember when Lance Stephenson and Evan Turner got into that fight? It was all over Roy Hibbert and Paul George. Lance has been getting all the blame for the Pacers off nights and during that day at practice Lance says 'y'all need to look at Roy's ***, he's been off ever since he found out PG was f****** his b****'. That's when Evan got mad at him for exposing that in front of everybody and that sparked the fight. Roy just walked away without saying anything but ever since then it's been a bigger downfall in his performance on the court. I don't know for sure, but that might also be the connection to PG's house getting broken into because all of a sudden now he doesn't want investigators involved. Supposedly PG and Hibbert's wife have been carrying on through instagram for a while before they ended up having sex. She felt guilty and told Hibbert and that's how he found out originally. It's bad because PG and Hibbert were really friends." This isn't the first time I've heard the rumor that Paul George was messing around with Roy Hibbert's wife. I've even heard rumors that it wasn't a wife, but just a jump off.

Read more: http://www.balleralert.com/xn/detail...#ixzz30weJ0hJd

Uh ohhh ..... View media item 957153

DJs, Ben Gordon was actually very good for a few years in Chicago, and he was clutch as hell too, similar to what we're seeing from BB. I used to watch the Bulls all the time because we got WGN in our area. Very skilled 2-guard

What held him back imo was he was kind of selfish, he would get his numbers but wouldn't elevate anyone else's play. Beal might have ended up like Gordon if he went to the wrong team, but with the chemistry he's developing here with Wall I think he's gonna be on another level.

People don't realize that a lot of guys have the talent to be great, it's the attitude and work ethic that holds most back.

Beal, to me, is better at picking his spots and moving off screens at the same point in their careers (2nd year). On top of it all, I like Beal's rebounding, defense, and passing ability much more. In addition, I feel like Beal's offense flows within the Wizards gameplan perfectly. It's no knock on Gordon, but I just don't think the two are comparable other than Beal was once an undersized 2-guard. The thing is, if you really had to, people could compare what guys like Mayo, E. Gordon, etc. all bring to the table in comparison to Beal. I just don't see it. None of those guys have a ceiling as high, nor the same feel for the game at 20 like BEal does right now. We're seeing a potential superstar at the 2 develop right before our eyes.

*edit*

Speaking of Eric Gordon...is he still salvageable?

Last edited:
DJs, Ben Gordon was actually very good for a few years in Chicago, and he was clutch as hell too, similar to what we're seeing from BB. I used to watch the Bulls all the time because we got WGN in our area. Very skilled 2-guard

What held him back imo was he was kind of selfish, he would get his numbers but wouldn't elevate anyone else's play. Beal might have ended up like Gordon if he went to the wrong team, but with the chemistry he's developing here with Wall I think he's gonna be on another level.

People don't realize that a lot of guys have the talent to be great, it's the attitude and work ethic that holds most back.

Beal, to me, is better at picking his spots and moving off screens at the same point in their careers (2nd year). On top of it all, I like Beal's rebounding, defense, and passing ability much more. In addition, I feel like Beal's offense flows within the Wizards gameplan perfectly. It's no knock on Gordon, but I just don't think the two are comparable other than Beal was once an undersized 2-guard. The thing is, if you really had to, people could compare what guys like Mayo, E. Gordon, etc. all bring to the table in comparison to Beal. I just don't see it. None of those guys have a ceiling as high, nor the same feel for the game at 20 like BEal does right now. We're seeing a potential superstar at the 2 develop right before our eyes.

bruh, he's the next MJ
you happy?
ends discussion

Last edited:

*edit*

Speaking of Eric Gordon...is he still salvageable?

you def have been leaning that way tho :lol:
beal=gordon
beal=eg before the injuries & fat

are 2 great comparisons

"Do you remember when Lance Stephenson and Evan Turner got into that fight? It was all over Roy Hibbert and Paul George. Lance has been getting all the blame for the Pacers off nights and during that day at practice Lance says 'y'all need to look at Roy's ***, he's been off ever since he found out PG was f****** his b****'. That's when Evan got mad at him for exposing that in front of everybody and that sparked the fight. Roy just walked away without saying anything but ever since then it's been a bigger downfall in his performance on the court. I don't know for sure, but that might also be the connection to PG's house getting broken into because all of a sudden now he doesn't want investigators involved. Supposedly PG and Hibbert's wife have been carrying on through instagram for a while before they ended up having sex. She felt guilty and told Hibbert and that's how he found out originally. It's bad because PG and Hibbert were really friends." This isn't the first time I've heard the rumor that Paul George was messing around with Roy Hibbert's wife. I've even heard rumors that it wasn't a wife, but just a jump off.

bruh WHAT

Beal is better w/ the rock. He's a better rebounder. He's better on defense. He has a better knack for getting others involved....

Better w/ the rock is debatable, the rebounding gap is so small that it's negligible, I've stressed an OFFENSIVE comparison in all of my posts, and Gordon had a marginally higher assist rate so the gap in that area is negligible too.

The ceiling is 100x higher than it ever was for Ben Gordon.

What does this have to do with a discussion of how Beal plays RIGHT NOW? As players, right now, Brad Beal scores in a similar manner that Gordon did in Chicago.

Their numbers through their first 2 years are virtually identical. Not surprising since Beal's style RIGHT NOW is similar to Gordon's in Chicago.

Ohhhhhhh

Doesn't play in the paint nearly as much as gordon and doesn't get to the line like Gordon did though.

no, its not a perfect comparison but thats why its a "ceiling".

he could maybe reach Eric Gordons level pre injury, I don't think he will ever get to the line and and create contact like Eric did tho, but somewhere close.

Last edited:
Damn that article came out today?
eek.gif

Rumors were indeed true lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom