2013-2014 NBA Thread - IND @ WAS and OKC @ LAC on ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, how does a team move forward if the rumors are true? Hibbert should have caved in George's hairline by now. :smh:

And Lance... :smh: So Brooklyn of him.

I kid, I kid.

Last edited:
Mavs want to bring back Tyson Chandler.. :lol:

I want him, but not as the highest paid Maverick, even if it is his final year of his contract.

Not sure how Dallas could make a trade work either.

But they traded for him once for basically nothing, maybe it could happen again. :lol:

Jose, Monta, ?, Dirk, Tyson.

I could live with it. If we could get BOTH Luol and Tyson? Best thing we could do this off-season.

I have no idea with all the women available to you as a single NBA player, you have to go and **** a teammate's wife/gf. So many instances in the past few years.

Beal right now is like OJ in his rookie year at Memphis honestly. Both really perimeter oriented, don't play in the paint like that, around the same size, both use the 3 ball, very low free throw rates, OJ was a better playmaker though.

But in other news...

That mark jackson decision really is puzzling. Simply because you know for a fact that it had nothing to do with Basketball. I wonder what the differences were that were so bad that he had to be fired, despite the ascent and success he had with the Warriors. Mark will be employed by the end of the summer though. Lakers will probably look at him now. Will be very interesting to see who replaces Mark, as that won't be an easy coaching gig considering the natural subtile hostily that will be in place for his replacement.

And if that Hibbert and PG business is real... :wow: :wow: :wow: wow that's foul as hell.

Paul George hustling backwards...

A stripper...catfished...teammates fiancee. :smh:

That's an eventful year. Son gonna have more medallions on his all-star jacket than Lebron next season.

Top three back courts:

1. Splash Bros (Beal is slightly better than Thompson, but Curry is better than Wall by a slightly bigger margin)

2. House of Guards

3. Dragic and Bledsoe

Curry a lot better than Wall? How? He can shoot better. Other than that what else? Wall is much better on the Defensive end. You know the other end of the court when their not trying to score. You fans ONLY care about points and flash. We're talking basketball though.

Its clear he wasnt getting woman before even with the Teflon hairline and now hes going crazy.

Hibberts wife though, cue that new Chris Brown song.

Last edited:
no, its not a perfect comparison but thats why its a "ceiling".

he could maybe reach Eric Gordons level pre injury, I don't think he will ever get to the line and and create contact like Eric did tho, but somewhere close.

I hear you, but at the same time Gordon's game literally revolved around creating contact, and playing in the paint and that's something Beal hardly does which is why IMO that is a bit of a stretch. Also, the reason why I would be hesitant to put his ceiling as a Eric Gordon type is because wing players generally don't change up their style that drastically. To go from a jumpshooter who doesn't really create to one that is dynamic enough to create in the paint and get to the line is a huge difference. It normally doesn't happen. That's why I said Rookie OJ would be more appropriate.

Regardless, he's 20 years old so the future for him is bright as hell. Who knows what he'll become.

Last edited:
Alot of people don't know much about Roy prior to his last year at Georgetown. You have to understand...dude was basically worse than Sim Bhullar prior to Georgetown. He was flat out awful in middle school and high school. He was just bigger than everyone else. He used to routinely get crapped on by 1 and 2 star public school athletes in the DC area. He was a project from birth...and one that Georgetown wanted from day one. Georgetown was on Roy as early as middle school. When he got to Georgetown...he was ridiculously out of shape...couldn't run the floor...wasn't good for ANYTHING but blocking shots. On offense...he was good for put backs. He dedicated himself to getting better at G'Town and that staff put in a TREMENDOUS amount of work to make him a draft prospect. Being a standout player is relatively still something new to him. IMO...he's G'Town's biggest achievement as far as player development. Ewing, Zeke, Zo, etc. were all the goods before they got to G'Town. Ask ANYONE who follows G'Town if they thought Roy Hibbert would ever see the NBA back when he got to Georgetown...and they'd be lying if they said yes. People expecting him to be some 20 and 10 player...are being unrealistic. He'll show signs of brilliance every now and then but it's not IN him to be that type of player night in and night out. What he's doing now...I can't explain. I do know he has unfavorable tendencies in the locker room at times. His last year at G'Town...I know of a few guys who almost came to blows w/ Roy on and off the floor. I'm not sure about the whole wife story...but something has taken place. It's definitely more than him simply just being in a slump.

Curry isn't going anywhere just b/c of this. At the end of the day, winning cures everything, and if the W's can hire the right person it will work out.
I don't agree with the move but I'll reserve judgment until I find out who replaces Mark Jackson and see how he does. The good news for the Warriors is that it will be one of the most desired head coaching jobs out there so it will definitely attract a lot of great coaches.

Curry a lot better than Wall? How? He can shoot better. Other than that what else? Wall is much better on the Defensive end. You know the other end of the court when their not trying to score. You fans ONLY care about points and flash. We're talking basketball though.

Bruh look at my avi. I KNOW what Wall can do, and plus I didn't say that Curry is a lot better, where did you get that from?

Its clear he wasnt getting woman before even with the Teflon hairline and now hes going crazy.

Hibberts wife though, cue that new Chris Brown song.

Didn't something similar happen with Tony Parker and Brent Barry's wife?

Last edited:
Bruh look at my avi. I KNOW what Wall can do, and plus I didn't say that Curry is a lot better, where did you get that from?

What's the larger margin? I can't think of anything other than shooting. Wall is the better point guard. Curry is the better 2 along with Westbrook and all them other SGs posing as 1s.

Alot of people don't know much about Roy prior to his last year at Georgetown. You have to understand...dude was basically worse than Sim Bhullar prior to Georgetown. He was flat out awful in middle school and high school. He was just bigger than everyone else. He used to routinely get crapped on by 1 and 2 star public school athletes in the DC area. He was a project from birth...and one that Georgetown wanted from day one. Georgetown was on Roy as early as middle school. When he got to Georgetown...he was ridiculously out of shape...couldn't run the floor...wasn't good for ANYTHING but blocking shots. On offense...he was good for put backs. He dedicated himself to getting better at G'Town and that staff put in a TREMENDOUS amount of work to make him a draft prospect. Being a standout player is relatively still something new to him. IMO...he's G'Town's biggest achievement as far as player development. Ewing, Zeke, Zo, etc. were all the goods before they got to G'Town. Ask ANYONE who follows G'Town if they thought Roy Hibbert would ever see the NBA back when he got to Georgetown...and they'd be lying if they said yes. People expecting him to be some 20 and 10 player...are being unrealistic. He'll show signs of brilliance every now and then but it's not IN him to be that type of player night in and night out. What he's doing now...I can't explain. I do know he has unfavorable tendencies in the locker room at times. His last year at G'Town...I know of a few guys who almost came to blows w/ Roy on and off the floor. I'm not sure about the whole wife story...but something has taken place. It's definitely more than him simply just being in a slump.
Micheal Sweetney is rolling over in his grave, so is Reuben Boumtje Boumtje and Othela Harrington.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom