2013-2014 NBA Thread - IND @ WAS and OKC @ LAC on ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's crazy.

I wanted D - Will so bad but if he would have signed with Dallas it would have been the worst deal in franchise history.

Dude makes more than Devin Harris, Monta and Jose Calderón combined
I disagree Dirk would of made Deron's life so much easier.

Dirk & D-Will pick n rolls :x

So hes another steve francis & arenas :smh:

If he never wins a title or goes on a MVP kind of tear over the rest of his career, what legacy would he leave? I'd say that's a decent comparison. He won't be remembered as the superstar he once was. All those named were great at their peak but didn't win a title or sustain it long enough.

Last edited:
It's not even slander. He was very good at the end of last season. He even showed flashes as a New Jersey net.

You can't be a max player and go scoreless. Under no circumstance is that allowable.

You guys do realize that players decline, right? Let's not make a federal case out of a 29 year old, 9 year pro who might not be in his prime anymore :lol: Although when you're getting paid 18 million a year, you have to score something in a playoff game.

This year has been a down one for Deron, but he was at a 20 PER last year and putting up 19 and 7.7, and a 57% TS%. Not a superstar or elite level PG, but still solid. Certainly not worth his contract, but that's a common trend for max contract guys around his age. You hope you get a couple more years of that prime talent, then hope they don't fall off too badly the last few years of the contract.

To be honest, that's why I'm skeptical of paying Carmelo as a Knicks fan. Besides wanting to start over and clear the books, I'm always a little nervous when paying that kind of money to someone when they're 32-34 years old. Falling off, injuries, breaking down, etc.

Last edited:
He's in my 3rd tier of ballers. 1st HOF with rings MJ, Kobe, Bron. 2nd HOF without Iverson, Barkley. Then those guys. No shame or slander in that.

Last edited:
D Will has been a bust signing for Jersey.

On and off way too much, must be frustrating as a fan to have to witness.

And people think Splitter is a bum.

Since we're on posting old D-Will videos, here's one I made years ago.

LA Clippers News ‏@ClippersAllNews 1h
After Sale of Beats, Dr. Dre In Perfect Position To Buy Los Angeles Clippers - Rant Sports http://q.gs/6w9zx

Apple is buying Beats for $3.2 billion. I can definitely see Dre buying the Clippers ... before Detox ever comes out.

LA Clippers News ‏@ClippersAllNews 1h
After Sale of Beats, Dr. Dre In Perfect Position To Buy Los Angeles Clippers - Rant Sports http://q.gs/6w9zx

Apple is buying Beats for $3.2 billion. I can definitely see Dre buying the Clippers ... before Detox ever comes out.

Will buy them and that day release detox.

:nerd:

Illuminati.

Doesn't Zbo have a player option though? Who is going to take him for 16.5mil?

Some team in the East that wants to make the playoffs next year and will look to add a veteran player on an expiring deal.

But, that's if he opts in. He claims that he loves Memphis so much that he would be willing to opt out, then re-sign for a smaller deal. We will see, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom