2019-20 NFL thread: Thread's dead. Move into spacedoodoo's

It was all downhill for the New York Giants organization after this pic was taken:
Screen_Shot_2017_01_02_at_3.04.18_PM.0.png

Let’s go back to these better dayz

This has to be the most poorly executed start to a rebuild ever.

-Draft Saquon Barkley for no reason
-Insist on keeping Eli Manning
-Trade Vernon and OBJ after signing them to big extensions, meaning that you paid unnecessary signing bonuses and are still on the hook for part of their salaries.

Makes you sit back and appreciate what the Dolphins are doing (or not doing) on their rebuild...

All this because the Giants started Geno Smith in a meaningless game

That was 100% the right move :lol:

They did the thing no other team ever does - cut bait with your star QB oncehe's washed and it's time to move on, then the owners got scared because he's a Manning, went back on it, fired their HC, and effed the whole thing up by refusing to pay for an O line and making their team leaders angry. They snatched an L out of a win for no reason.

He didn't quite get the same guaranteed money as gurley, but I think I read that Bells contract is 52M base, 61M with incentives so it very well could end up being more than gurleys contract in total.

I don't think any of us actually know what the hell the steelers really offered, but it sounded like it was $10M guaranteed and $70M total. He was never seeing that $70M with the workload they were giving him. There is some advanced stat out there that of all the running backs would touched the ball more than 400 times in a season, only 1 played more than 8 games the next year. Dude was going to die in Pittsburgh if they kept giving him the ball like that.
Agree with all of this, but I get the feeling the Jets about to run him into the ground as well, they have no weapons

First problem with the Odell trade is that Gettleman never wanted to give Odell that contract in the first place. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom