2021 NFL Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah yeah yeah .... name me all this breaking news from analyst so early pre draft.

for the eagles, I could name a couple guys

most dependable, I’d go with geoff mosher and Adam caplan

but eagles made multiple trades to move up in 2016.. going up to 8th pick on March 7th.. Then up to 2nd pick on the 20th April

rams moved up to 1 on the 14th of April

draft was the 28th

i was gonna say, wasnt Hurst good?

I like Mo Hurst a lot but that one stat might be a little misleading.

He's a really solid rotational guy. He'll be a solid rotational guy for someone else, likely at good value too.

I don't think he fits as a 3-technique in Gus Bradley's system and we have a bunch of similar caliber players in Hurst's role.

I'm actually willing to give Bradley the benefit of the doubt on this one, he can pick his guys.

I like Mo Hurst a lot but that one stat might be a little misleading.

He's a really solid rotational guy. He'll be a solid rotational guy for someone else, likely at good value too.

I don't think he fits as a 3-technique in Gus Bradley's system and we have a bunch of similar caliber players in Hurst's role.

I'm actually willing to give Bradley the benefit of the doubt on this one, he can pick his guys.

I envy your hope

I envy your hope

I just don't think Hurst moves the needle for us all that much either way.

He's not going to challenge Quinton Jefferson or Johnathan Hankins lining up directly over center and he's not better coming off the edge than Crosby, Ngakoue, or Ferrell.

I think he would have been in direct competition with Solomon Thomas, David Irving and even Ferrell at the 3 and the organization is betting on one of the other three guys.

Apparently the waiver saved us 4.5M.

Why is what Trevor Lawrence even a conversation? He didn’t say anything that wasn’t wrong. In fact, if he said he have a chip on his shoulders and has to prove doubters, I’d be questioning who are they lol.

TBH, if Justin Fields said the same thing, no team would give a care. He’s game tape speaks for itself. The players only say things like this for beat writers and fans.

Unless you drop WAYYYYY in the draft, why would a Top 10 pick have to “prove anyone wrong?”

If I remember, Andres Luck had this same type of mindset entering the draft. Personally I want a QB to play just because they are healthy and love to play, rather to prove anyone wrong or for hardware.

Why is what Trevor Lawrence even a conversation? He didn’t say anything that wasn’t wrong. In fact, if he said he have a chip on his shoulders and has to prove doubters, I’d be questioning who are they lol.

TBH, if Justin Fields said the same thing, no team would give a care. He’s game tape speaks for itself. The players only say things like this for beat writers and fans.

Unless you drop WAYYYYY in the draft, why would a Top 10 pick have to “prove anyone wrong?”

If I remember, Andres Luck had this same type of mindset entering the draft. Personally I want a QB to play just because they are healthy and love to play, rather to prove anyone wrong or for hardware.

Can’t win for losing. If he said he’d win 1,2 or 3 super bowls, they’d call him cocky and he’d be a target by all defenders

There are a heap of top 10 draft picks that have to prove the doubters.

But I don't think anyone is referring to a guy having to play with a chip, but rather a player that had nothing to prove .... no motivation.

Being a #1 draft pick has a lot to prove .... but hey whatever.

Didn't really find anything wrong with Lawrence's comments tbh when he's been a no. 1 recruit and prospect his entire life :lol:

Not expecting anyone with that sort of background to carry a giant chip on their shoulder trying to prove people wrong all the time they've hardly had doubters like that :lol:

Also don't think that means he doesn't care about winning or anything like that when I'm sure he still tries to prove things to himself all the time.

Not everyone's gonna share the same source of motivation and that's fine as long as you're still trying to help yourself and your team get better

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom