50 cent made 10 million by tweeting in two days.

50 is the type of dude that, when asked "what would you do if you woke up broke?" Reply "Get rich again."

Originally Posted by keithsweatsjordans

Originally Posted by PZ

50 cent is the man but i wonder how his next album will do?
He doesn't.

Strong first post
roll.gif
 This got me

Originally Posted by sooperhooper

50 is the type of dude that, when asked "what would you do if you woke up broke?" Reply "Get rich again."

and he would prolly find a way to succeed at that.  

blind leading the blind. once he moves out (if he can move out and find somebody to take the other side), his followers will be left to dry

I don't understand why people think 50 cent is some sort of business man...

His first album was amazing, after that just milked his image which allowed him to secure assets....from there he has probably paid REAL BUSINESS MEN to manage his money..

so vitamin water, sleek audio, all these moves that have made him money are not because he is business savvy, but because people around him are...

This stock thing is a great example...no one in their right mind would go on twitter pumping a %%!@@$ penny stock, hence why he deleted his tweets and was told to tweet a warning...he is an idiot, and the men behind him are probably constantly hovering over him day and night so he doesn't do anything stupid.

50 Cent reminds me of the that George Bush Movie "W" with Josh Brolin----an idiot who thinks he is the one pushing the buttons and at times tries to play the role, but utterly fails and lets the real people take over again..

an idiot yet again he's one of the richest people in the music industry. If it was as easy as just hiring financial people, every relevant artist would be where 50 is now financially, no?

luck has played a part in this too.

who knew nasty $#% vitamin water would blow and get bought up by pepsi, tho?

Originally Posted by copped

His first album was amazing, after that just milked his image which allowed him to secure assets....from there he has probably paid REAL BUSINESS MEN to manage his money..
salty...how many people have made millions and gone broke because they blew it all...while nobody can deny Fif has some great people around him...he still has to have some kind of business mind to do what he does...rappers/athletes etc who come from nothing and end up with alot dont all make it to the top of the forbes list...they usually get milked by all the "suits" on bs investments til there is nothing left

50 prob sees 100 deals come across his desk everyday but he picks and chooses what lanes he wants to go down - same with Jay...he has some ill dudes around him that allow the moves that he makes but that doesnt mean he's an idiot just sitting back and signing whatever they bring him then reading a script in some commercial-

what you said just sounds like a blind blanket statement and its clearly wrong...if you followed Fifs career you would see he had a vision and plan to build his brand from the jump, not to become a one hit wonder and cash out-

but back on topic...i still dont see what the SEC could be investigating...wheres the DUMP part of the scheme? this company is goign hard marketing the releae of his Headphones...how/why would he just "dump" the stock...

and
laugh.gif
to those who think hes just leading kids to blow $500-1000 - have you ever opened an investment account and bought a stock? how many of Fiftys followers do you think even have one? its not like vitamin water where they could just run to the store and grab it cause 50 said so

so vitamin water, sleek audio, all these moves that have made him money are not because he is business savvy, but because people around him are...

This stock thing is a great example...no one in their right mind would go on twitter pumping a %%!@@$ penny stock, hence why he deleted his tweets and was told to tweet a warning...he is an idiot, and the men behind him are probably constantly hovering over him day and night so he doesn't do anything stupid.

50 Cent reminds me of the that George Bush Movie "W" with Josh Brolin----an idiot who thinks he is the one pushing the buttons and at times tries to play the role, but utterly fails and lets the real people take over again..

50-cent-shut-up-o.gif
You Mad.

Originally Posted by Kingtre

salty...how many people have made millions and gone broke because they blew it all...while nobody can deny Fif has some great people around him...he still has to have some kind of business mind to do what he does...rappers/athletes etc who come from nothing and end up with alot dont all make it to the top of the forbes list...they usually get milked by all the "suits" on bs investments til there is nothing left

50 prob sees 100 deals come across his desk everyday but he picks and chooses what lanes he wants to go down - same with Jay...he has some ill dudes around him that allow the moves that he makes but that doesnt mean he's an idiot just sitting back and signing whatever they bring him then reading a script in some commercial-

what you said just sounds like a blind blanket statement and its clearly wrong...if you followed Fifs career you would see he had a vision and plan to build his brand from the jump, not to become a one hit wonder and cash out-

but back on topic...i still dont see what the SEC could be investigating...wheres the DUMP part of the scheme? this company is goign hard marketing the releae of his Headphones...how/why would he just "dump" the stock...

and
laugh.gif
to those who think hes just leading kids to blow $500-1000 - have you ever opened an investment account and bought a stock? how many of Fiftys followers do you think even have one? its not like vitamin water where they could just run to the store and grab it cause 50 said so

my thoughts exactly......copped sounds hella salty. the list of rappers and celebs, even with people managing their money end up going broke is long. and a lot of those so-called business men who assist celebs end up exploiting them instead. Like you said, he makes the final decision amongst the hundreds of deals that are thrown on his table daily.

Just give dude props where its due, anyone else would have vanished off the face off the map by now after their music became irrelevant
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Deuce King

The SEC is about to make an example out of 50 Cent.

please explain...I've seen this in here a bunch of times but nobody wants to say why-

50 is a tool when it comes to buisness, he pays good money im sure for the advice. I cant hate for wanting to make money, but there are guys in suits that made alot more than he did on that stock...

Originally Posted by eNPHAN

Originally Posted by MHT214

there are guys in suits that made alot more than he did on that stock...
laugh.gif
but what does this have to do with anything> Bill gates prob made more that weekend and he was just chilling and planting new roses in his garden
laugh.gif

yall gotta do better

please explain...I've seen this in here a bunch of times but nobody wants to say why-
Its all speculation. The SEC has not formally come out and said 50 is under investigation.

And I suppose if the SEC does investigate they are going to see if his tweeting manipulated the value of a stock, which is a big no-no.

Originally Posted by goukiteg

Its all speculation. The SEC has not formally come out and said 50 is under investigation.

And I suppose if the SEC does investigate they are going to see if his tweeting manipulated the value of a stock, which is a big no-no.
"manipulated the value of a stock" ?!  manipulated for what purpose...again if he didn't dump then whats the problem...he educated people to the ticker symbol of the company he is working with on the release of a new product...i would assume he is in it for the longterm...

so on the same token he can get in trouble for posting a picture of Tony Yayo wearing the headphones because that will cause kids to go buy the headphones therefore causing the revenue and profit to go up therefore raising the stock price
laugh.gif

think people are reaching

Basically he encouraged/gave advice for people to buy stock which is fine but he didn't INITIALLY disclose to those same people that he owned shares in that company already.  Legally speaking I'm not sure if he was suppose to divulge that information or not, but with the SEC just recently admitting that they are looking into this matter that lets me know that they might open up a case against 50 for this incident.  Which would also explain why 50 tweeted later on that he owns shares in the company and for anybody that has or is looking to buying stock in that company to discuss it with their finanical advisor.  Just another way for him to try and distance himself from any legal ramifications.

If the SEC can prove that 50 Cent PURPOSELY encourage people to buy the stock just for his financial gain then it could be a wrap for him.  Also, if they made an example out of Martha Stewart best believe that they wouldn't hesitate to do the same to him.  
laugh.gif
how can you compare the two-  she made $ off insider trading tips...she didnt get in trouble for saying hey i'm launching a new network- my corps stock ticker is XZY invest if you like me

again i dont have much knowledge of the subject but all the explanations i am hearing make no sense...it i can punch holes into that argument then i'm sure the SEC wouldn't waste the time or $ and if they did his lawyers would make light work of the case-

Basically he encouraged/gave advice for people to buy stock which is fine but he didn't INITIALLY disclose to those same people that he owned shares in that company already.  Legally speaking I'm not sure if he was suppose to divulge that information or not, but with the SEC just recently admitting that they are looking into this matter that lets me know that they might open up a case against 50 for this incident.  Which would also explain why 50 tweeted later on that he owns shares in the company and for anybody that has or is looking to buying stock in that company to discuss it with their finanical advisor.  Just another way for him to try and distance himself from any legal ramifications.

If the SEC can prove that 50 Cent PURPOSELY encourage people to buy the stock just for his financial gain then it could be a wrap for him.  Also, if they made an example out of Martha Stewart best believe that they wouldn't hesitate to do the same to him.  

Originally Posted by goukiteg

"manipulated the value of a stock" ?!  manipulated for what purpose...again if he didn't dump then whats the problem...he educated people to the ticker symbol of the company he is working with on the release of a new product...i would assume he is in it for the longterm...

so on the same token he can get in trouble for posting a picture of Tony Yayo wearing the headphones because that will cause kids to go buy the headphones therefore causing the revenue and profit to go up therefore raising the stock price
laugh.gif

think people are reaching
There are other factors that go into the story from what I've read, such as the company being $3.3M i debt. But I'm with you, I think the SEC has to "look" into it to at least say they looked into it.

Back
Top Bottom