*_Out of curiosity..why are there ads for fake kicks on NT?_*

because sneaker websites market their sneakers to people who buy sneakers.
Niketalk has no say in what ads are displayed

^Its not biggie really for me to go out my way to do that, I was just curious. I didn't know they had no control over what ads were put up. Thanks for theexplanation.

Originally Posted by SchruteFarms

they do have control, they try to not have fake sneaker ads but sometimes they slip through

that's what i thought.

this question was asked here like a year ago, i remember.

Our ads are delivered from a variety of sources. Yuku's responsible for implementing our advertising, so when we come across an inappropriate ad basicallyI have to email their CTO and eventually it gets blocked from all the ad networks - but the process takes time and for every counterfeit seller you block,another one pops up.

All we can do is block the ads. We can't stop the ad networks from placing ads for illegal businesses. They rely on automation and apparently don'tcare where their money comes from. We stay vigilant in blocking the ads, but until the ad providers step their game up and stop accepting business fromcriminals it will unfortunately remain a problem for all sneaker sites utilizing keyword based ad networks. We don't know what ads are in the pipelineuntil after they appear on the board.

If you see an ad for a counterfeit seller, we encourage you to contact a member of the staff and let us know. We'll want the URL for the website and thelink URL, which usually includes the ad referrer (adsense, yieldmanager, etc.) so we know which network it's coming from.

Download Mozilla Firefox then Adblock Plus

That's basically the same as stealing. NikeTalk can only exist if our hosting costs are covered, and we pay those hosting costs via advertising. Everything we make beyond hosting costs goes to charity - and we've donated over $40,000 since last summer. So, if you try to block the ads not only areyou hurting NikeTalk but you're taking money away from charity. Really, as much as people use NikeTalk I don't think it's asking too much forpeople to participate in our fundraising by supporting our advertisements. Now, that doesn't mean we want you to actually buy anything from a counterfeitvendor - quite the contrary, we want to BLOCK those ads, but if you try to circumvent our advertising entirely you're only hurting the board and dozens ofworthy charities like UNCF, the American Cancer Society, and many more. Don't be selfish.

I don't think its fair to call someone selfish on account of not wanting to see ads for fake kicks or what have you. I agree its a small inconvience, butsome people dont want the ads...period. Calling them selfish isn't gonna make them feel bad or any more apt to let the ads through.

Is it just me or are the ads slowing NT down like crazy?

They make it so pages take forever to load or most of the time not load at all and I have to refresh. This doesn't happen for any other sites and Idon't want to block the ads, but it's starting to get really annoying.
ohwell.gif

I don't think its fair to call someone selfish on account of not wanting to see ads for fake kicks or what have you. I agree its a small inconvience, but some people dont want the ads...period. Calling them selfish isn't gonna make them feel bad or any more apt to let the ads through.
How is it NOT selfish? If the ads detract from the experience THAT much, you can stop visiting. By visiting WITHOUT viewing or clicking the ads,you're just costing us money and essentially taking money AWAY from the charities we support.

You may not think that's "fair," but that's the way it is. You're only thinking of yourself if you disable those ads. If you care aboutthe site or the charities we support, I'd tend to think that minuscule inconvenience of supporting the ads is well worth it.

I search NT on my phone, so I dont have a choice on the ads, but the whole "don't visit" thing everytime someone complains about NT getsold...quick. I understand what you're saying, but I'm gonna stick with my original statement. Calling someone selfish for it just doesn't makesense to me.

im sorry meth but do you really support charities
cause yall always seem to be tight on cash to be supporting anything...

I search NT on my phone, so I dont have a choice on the ads, but the whole "don't visit" thing everytime someone complains about NT gets old...quick. I understand what you're saying, but I'm gonna stick with my original statement. Calling someone selfish for it just doesn't make sense to me.
So your argument consists of two parts: "nuh uh" and "cause I said so." Very convincing.

Viewing NT without supporting our advertising COSTS us money. If someone doesn't visit the site, it doesn't cost us a thing. You do the math.
im sorry meth but do you really support charities
cause yall always seem to be tight on cash to be supporting anything...
Check the archives. We've already announced over $30,000 worth of donations and we have a couple major contributions in the pipeline.

speaking of charities..which charity is next?. its been awhile
If you remember, we didn't run ads for awhile after we switched to Yuku. So, we didn't raise enough to render a significant contribution. What we'll do is combine the revenue from several months together to offer a substantial amount, and in the meantime we're on the verge of announcinga pair of major ($5,000+) donations. With any announcement, you want to be 100% certain before going public. We all saw what happened with the original JasonKidd trade.

Back
Top Bottom