*_Out of curiosity..why are there ads for fake kicks on NT?_*

By visiting WITHOUT viewing or clicking the ads, you're just costing us money and essentially taking money AWAY from the charities we support.
How does viewing the ads without clicking not cost money? Is that not the same as having ad-block? I ask because, although not conscious, Ithink I've conditioned myself to just ignore any and all advertisements I see on webpages. This is the one site I try to go out of my way to click on thead's but I'm curious if just visiting is enough.

How does viewing the ads without clicking not cost money? Is that not the same as having ad-block? I ask because, although not conscious, I think I've conditioned myself to just ignore any and all advertisements I see on webpages. This is the one site I try to go out of my way to click on the ad's but I'm curious if just visiting is enough.
Basically publishers receive a nominal fee for views - it's referred to as the CPM rate. We receive X amount per 1,000 views an ad receives. CPM rates have plummeted industry-wide of late, so in certain cases websites DO lose money if people view, rather than click, ads because of their overhead. We're in a position where our staff members are donating their labor to this project, so we don't LOSE money from ad views.

Even if you have no intention of EVER clicking an ad, and that's unfortunate because it requires such a minuscule sacrifice, you still can help passivelycontribute to our donations just by VIEWING the ads. We can't encourage people to click the ads just for the sake of clicking them - it's against theterms of use agreement with the ad networks. If you aren't interested enough in the ads to click, that's your call. However, we do ask that you atleast allow the ads to appear on your machine. Who knows, there might be an ad that DOES interest you at some point and just by viewing the ads you'rehelping to support charities.

We have a donation coming up where the plan is to allow you all to decide where, specifically, the money goes in the form of micro-loans to benefit individualentrepreneurs from developing nations. We just have a few logistical hurdles to clear before that goes live, but those interested should definitely staytuned. I'm really looking forward to it.

Originally Posted by Method Man

We can't encourage people to click the ads just for the sake of clicking them - it's against the terms of use agreement with the ad networks.
Ok.

*click*

wink.gif

Back
Top Bottom