Air Jordan IV “Black/Cement” - May 4th 2019

My one of my older cousins have this poster & hung up to his wall
I have a 16x20 hung in the other room now. My first poster was the FTL dunk from a wheaties box. I had several diff posters. Still have a lot today. They really were a big deal to me back then.

You're correct as well, and I understand that. But there's no reason Nike has to use these goofy "new era" nicknames to move the shoes, or to tell the story of the product--other than being lazy. Imagine the types of killer retro-themed campaigns they COULD come up with, if the right people put in some real effort. It's a lot easier (and cheaper), though, to just take the term "bred," make some lame references to baking cookies, post the clip to IG, and count that as doing your marketing job well. They're just mailing it in at this point, but hey, the shoes sellout regardless. Personally, I'd love to see them go really retro ... imagine if during tonight's NBA games, suddenly one or two or three of the OG AJ IV commercials ran during a timeout. Say that "Nola" commercial for the black/cements, but on the final screen where it says "Available to Mars and the rest of the universe on February 15," they revised the text to read: "Available to Mars and the rest of the universe--again--on May 4."

That would be incredible, and I'm all for it. But I was born in 1982. So my nostalgic ride can be validated by Mars Blackmon and Nike Air on the back. But, I would guess the vast majority of 2000s babies couldn't contextualize an original spot from 1988. And their personal histories probably don't entail much beyond Retro 4s with Jumpman branding. Let's keep in mind: the new generation of sneakerheads was weened on mutilated classics and internet nicknames (which, I agree, are ridiculous and unrefined), just as we were bred with silly Spike Lee ads. But that doesn't stop Nike from wanting their money, too. So, if Jordan claims to have baked the new "Bred" IV Retro "with the finest ingredients", I say, "F*** it, at least we got the ingredients." We can watch Mars on YouTube and crow about the good ol' days on Niketalk. :lol:

“Sneaker heads” can be so obnoxious man. I’ve seen a couple of the popular sneaker pages all in their feelings over the Bred ad. I’m an older guy myself been involved in this culture since the mid 90’s. I think the Bred name is idiotic, but no way in hell would I get all in my feelings about an ad campaign. These guys don’t understand how business works at all. They aren’t targeting sneaker enthusiasts like us. We are gonna buy the shoe regardless most likely. They are going after the younger hypebeast demographic. Nike/ JB doesn’t give a damn what kids are calling these shoes as long as they buy them. These guys whining about an ad campaign is just ridiculous.
Nobody getting "feelings" lol. Just sending an opinion of it all. I completely understand the business side of things and why they market the way the do. It dont mean I have to agree with it though.

7214507754930485141.jpg
This hung on the inside of my bedroom door when I was a kid. Posters were the original hype.

This was the poster I had above my bed. Thanks for posting it. I haven't seen it since 1992.

Me too. My parents were too cheap to buy me real posters. I would trick them into buying wheaties with a poster inside or I would buy magazines with a folded up poster. I also drew my own pictures of Jordan when I was in school. All the pictures I drew always had his tongue sticking out and he was always wearing black cement 4s.

Fact! Anything folded was typically how I got a poster if any.. I had some NBA cards that I used to post up but I don't think I ever got my hands on a Jordan poster.

I've seen too many ig debates in the comments about the bred vs bc. I call them bred bc thats just what we called them in high school in the 2010s. Black cement works too

That would be incredible, and I'm all for it. But I was born in 1982. So my nostalgic ride can be validated by Mars Blackmon and Nike Air on the back. But, I would guess the vast majority of 2000s babies couldn't contextualize an original spot from 1988. And their personal histories probably don't entail much beyond Retro 4s with Jumpman branding. Let's keep in mind: the new generation of sneakerheads was weened on mutilated classics and internet nicknames (which, I agree, are ridiculous and unrefined), just as we were bred with silly Spike Lee ads. But that doesn't stop Nike from wanting their money, too. So, if Jordan claims to have baked the new "Bred" IV Retro "with the finest ingredients", I say, "F*** it, at least we got the ingredients." We can watch Mars on YouTube and crow about the good ol' days on Niketalk. :lol:

upload_2019-4-30_15-39-34.gif

Nobody getting "feelings" lol. Just sending an opinion of it all. I completely understand the business side of things and why they market the way the do. It dont mean I have to agree with it though.
My comment was definitely not referring to you personally, I honestly haven’t been on NT in a week or so so I’m not even quite sure what the discussion has been in here, but there are definitely quite a few popular guys on IG who are DEFINITELY in their feelings and making multiple posts and writing essays about an ad campaign.

I was gonna oop a 4 digit head start code for y’all, but most stores around me want to do it on your phone for you instead of giving it to you verbally.

Side note, what kicks y’all wearing when y’all pull up and cop y’all pair(s)?

I’m going with my blk/cement III’s.

Thanks for pointng out the off centre logo, so it's just the design?! Who designed that! How can a company F something up that was originally fine! LMAO!!!!! They're F'in' with USSSSSSSSSSSS!

IG: @sgo8[/QUOTE]

Thanks for pointng out the off centre logo, so it's just the design?! Who designed that! How can a company F something up that was originally fine! LMAO!!!!! They're F'in' with USSSSSSSSSSSS!

IG: @sgo8
[/QUOTE]

I think it's the smaller heel tab and they didn't wanna change the font size to compensate

7214507754930485141.jpg
This hung on the inside of my bedroom door when I was a kid. Posters were the original hype.

I have a 16x20 hung in the other room now. My first poster was the FTL dunk from a wheaties box. I had several diff posters. Still have a lot today. They really were a big deal to me back then.
I had so many Jordan posters, I wish I had kept them. I had that one someone posted a couple pages back with him dunking the moon. I think I had that SI one he also posted with MJ in these shoes against the Pistons. I thought it was funny even back then how some posters, they just took any old random picture and made it into a poster. Like, what is Mike even doing in that poster against the Pistons? Hardly a highlight LOL
I had that giant poster of MJ, Pip and Rodman that said "No Bull" in college. Definitely should have kept that one. New ones are a fortune on eBay or I'd re-buy it. What happened to the poster culture? Kids can't hang smartphones and tablets and computers on their walls, so I've wondered for a while why posters seem to be a relic of the past.

Back
Top Bottom