Air Jordan XXXIII first info

You know how I know this is a "real" Air Jordan, finally? Because it pisses me off that I like them so much. I have several problems with this shoe and some of its elements. And I want them. I think they are almost cheesy/gaudy in a way. And I want them. They have a stupid gimmick we'll likely never see used again by the brand after this year. And I want them. They're still using clear soles, 28 years after it first blew my mind in the winter of 1990 with the 5s. And I want them. I will feel both "cool" and at least semi-ridicuolgus wearing them, especially at my age. And I want them.

Welcome back, Air Jordan. Welcome back. :rofl:

What are you talking about? An Air Jordan is supposed to make you feel “cool.” Lol your rationale is backwards it seems.

What are you talking about? An Air Jordan is supposed to make you feel “cool.” Lol your rationale is backwards it seems.

You missed my point. Back in the day, historically, Jordans were polarizing. They featured weird **** a lot of times, and they were most definitely not loved universally upon introduction. I remember getting laughed at in 9th grade for showing up to school with the black/red 6s. The 11s were silly when they launched, and people got clowned for wearing them, too. This goes for a lot of models. My POINT was, I PERSONALLY always felt cool wearing them, but I also sometimes felt silly because I knew they looked over the top. These aren't over the top per se, but they fit the point I was making. Man, get with it LOL

Not sure how old you are, 3 Money. I guarantee there are people in here who are going to say the know EXACTLY what I'm talking about. Right, @JRepp23? @tonytobacco?

You missed my point. Back in the day, historically, Jordans were polarizing. They featured weird **** a lot of times, and they were most definitely not loved universally upon introduction. I remember getting laughed at in 9th grade for showing up to school with the black/red 6s. The 11s were silly when they launched, and people got clowned for wearing them, too. This goes for a lot of models. My POINT was, I PERSONALLY always felt cool wearing them, but I also sometimes felt silly because I knew they looked over the top. These aren't over the top per se, but they fit the point I was making. Man, get with it LOL

Not sure how old you are, 3 Money. I guarantee there are people in here who are going to say the know EXACTLY what I'm talking about. Right, @JRepp23? @tonytobacco?

Your clarification makes perfect sense. I can name plenty of times wearing the new Jordan’s to school and most kids didn’t get it. “Space shoes” etc.

I was the first person at my elementary school with the infrared 6s. Some people told me they looked stupid. I had one of my friends tell me they looked more like a wrestling shoe than a basketball shoe.

Your clarification makes perfect sense. I can name plenty of times wearing the new Jordan’s to school and most kids didn’t get it. “Space shoes” etc.

Bingo LOL. I remember holding the 9s in Footlocker when they launched and thinking, man, I can't wear these moon boots. I passed on those at the time LOL. When I rolled into school in the 6s, I remember someone looking at me and going, yeah, nope. Didn't care, but I also, as a kid, was aware that some people thought my shoes were asinine LOL

Interesting view point. I think my high school was very open to anything Nike at the time. Bo Jackson, David Robinson, Agassi, Jordan, Air 180s, it was all game and everyone loved it. I remember sitting in drawing class talking to a classmate about his new Air Command Forces which were hot lime and not known as the "Billy Hoyle" shoe.

The only shoe I could see perhaps getting some flack was the Mowabb as it was so different and different looking than other shoes.

Last edited:
The great Jordan's are the ones where 50 people see it and think they're amazing and 50 people see it and think they're the weirdest thing ever.

But 100 people notice it.

These are the kinda of my opinions i like hearing. Not blunty saying "top 3 air jordan of all time" and droping the mic like it was a fact.

I was the first person at my elementary school with the infrared 6s. Some people told me they looked stupid. I had one of my friends tell me they looked more like a wrestling shoe than a basketball shoe.

Back in high school I struck out on the infrareds but I scored the year after with the raptor 7s and ppl were calling them clown shoes cuz they had multi colored soles. Then when I wore the Agassi trainers ppl called them gay cuz it had too much pink... did I care? Nope lol

You know how I know this is a "real" Air Jordan, finally? Because it pisses me off that I like them so much. I have several problems with this shoe and some of its elements. And I want them. I think they are almost cheesy/gaudy in a way. And I want them. They have a stupid gimmick we'll likely never see used again by the brand after this year. And I want them. They're still using clear soles, 28 years after it first blew my mind in the winter of 1990 with the 5s. And I want them. I will feel both "cool" and at least semi-ridiculous wearing them, especially at my age. And I want them.

Welcome back, Air Jordan. Welcome back. :rofl:

i couldn’t agree more.

i first saw these and was like “yo those are dope but i’ll never buy them”...not because i didn’t want them but mainly because my style has changed so much since the days i was buying jordans.

also because i was a kid wearing jordan’s. when you’re a kid you could legit wear your sneakers with anything and it doesn’t matter because you’re a kid. now days if it doesn’t vibe with my outfit, at least for me, i feel i can’t pull it off.

i had the same exact sentiments with these. i even wrote earlier i wish the huge tongue wasn’t there because it’s too loud but the rest of the shoe is sleek. but after buying them i’m almost excited to throw them on because it’s a step out of my “adult comfort zone”.

we’ll see what happens when i get them hopefully i have the guts to stick to wearing them without feeling awkward but my point in all this is what you said is what i was thinking in my head about these lol

also i dunno what it is about these but it feels like a new air jordan i can’t explain it. like a lot of the models in the last years, the numbered ones, to me could have passed as like a melo or a team jordan. these got that S Class feel to them where you know it’s the new Air Jordan

Interesting view point. I think my high school was very open to anything Nike at the time. Bo Jackson, David Robinson, Agassi, Jordan, Air 180s, it was all game and everyone loved it. I remember sitting in drawing class talking to a classmate about his new Air Command Forces which were hot lime and not known as the "Billy Hoyle" shoe.

The only shoe I could see perhaps getting some flack was the Mowabb as it was so different and different looking than other shoes.

The funny thing is, I went to a small private HS where basketball was a big deal. For whatever reason, though, there was a culture of judgment about sneakers in terms of the looks/design. Particularly with Jordans, which, looking back, I can't explain. But it was all good, sometimes I just knew I would get comments about a shoe, but I didn't really care other than, when you're a kid, you tend to always care a little. Now I'm 40 and I truly don't give a **** LOL

i had the same exact sentiments with these. i even wrote earlier i wish the huge tongue wasn’t there because it’s too loud but the rest of the shoe is sleek. but after buying them i’m almost excited to throw them on because it’s a step out of my “adult comfort zone”.

we’ll see what happens when i get them hopefully i have the guts to stick to wearing them without feeling awkward but my point in all this is what you said is what i was thinking in my head about these lol

also i dunno what it is about these but it feels like a new air jordan i can’t explain it. like a lot of the models in the last years, the numbered ones, to me could have passed as like a melo or a team jordan. these got that S Class feel to them where you know it’s the new Air Jordan

Obviously don't know how old you are or what you do or how you feel or what your social circle is like, but ... if you think you like them, just rock them. Who cares? I've gone through it all in my head across the past 20 years. And now I'm full-on back to the fact that I don't effing care what anyone else thinks. I'm a grown up with a career and I do what I want. Not trying to impress anyone or not impress anyone. I just love sneakers. Makes me happy wearing them, and that is how I will roll from here on out until I am dead. Unless IIIIIIIIII change my mind for whatever reason, but it sure as **** won't be because of what anyone else says or thinks.

Obviously don't know how old you are or what you do or how you feel or what your social circle is like, but ... if you think you like them, just rock them. Who cares? I've gone through it all in my head across the past 20 years. And now I'm full-on back to the fact that I don't effing care what anyone else thinks. I'm a grown up with a career and I do what I want. Not trying to impress anyone or not impress anyone. I just love sneakers. Makes me happy wearing them, and that is how I will roll from here on out until I am dead. Unless IIIIIIIIII change my mind for whatever reason, but it sure as **** won't be because of what anyone else says or thinks.

lol nah man it won’t be because of what anyone thinks or says i just have this stigma where i look like i’m trying too hard or almost feel like a little kid wearing basketball shoes.

majority of them just don’t fit my look. i’m a ultra boost/fly knit/ the occasional yeezy / jordan 1/ wotherspoon (if i’m feeling crazy) shoe guy now.

i like basketball sneakers don’t get me wrong they just make me feel awkward wearing them casually. i’m 30 it’s all on me not what anyone will say, just feel weird wearing like a lebron 16 if i’m not in a playground or on a court.

and back to your previous post about being judged when you were a kid i remember i wanted the hyperflighta for the longest time and when they dropped i got the yellow ones. this goes back to what i was saying about being a little kid and wearing whatever, you’re talking about a 12 year old in full on yellow patent leather sneakers lol i wouldn’t dare do that now but even at the time kids who weren’t into sneakers thought i had bananas on my feet but didn’t know the hype behind the shoe at the time.

Last edited:
Got mine today. Yeah, these are ****ing it.

something about these.

like i said above i’m not a basketball sneaker guy so for me to like these i dunno i could be wrong but i feel like these are gonna hit. not saying they’re gonna sell out, they might , but i bet you these are one of the better received air jordan’s in the last 10 years watch

lol nah man it won’t be because of what anyone thinks or says i just have this stigma where i look like i’m trying too hard or almost feel like a little kid wearing basketball shoes.

majority of them just don’t fit my look. i’m a ultra boost/fly knit/ the occasional yeezy / wotherspoon (if i’m feeling crazy) shoe guy now.

i like basketball sneakers don’t get me wrong they just make me feel awkward wearing them casually. i’m 30 it’s all on me not what anyone will say, just feel weird wearing like a lebron 16 if i’m not in a playground or on a court.

and back to your previous post about being judged when you were a kid i remember i wanted the hyperflighta for the longest time and when they dropped i got the yellow ones. this goes back to what i was saying about being a little kid and wearing whatever, you’re talking about a 12 year old in full on yellow patent leather sneakers lol i wouldn’t dare do that now but even at the time kids who weren’t into sneakers thought i had bananas on my feet but didn’t know the hype behind the shoe at the time.

I feel you, man. It's always mostly internal but I just let it go finally. I wear runners all week long in a casual office, but on the weekend, I don't give a damn. Clunky or outrageous bball shoes, I've come full circle LOL

majority of them just don’t fit my look. i’m a ultra boost/fly knit/ the occasional yeezy / jordan 1/ wotherspoon (if i’m feeling crazy) shoe guy now.

Jordans turned basketball sneakers into casual sneakers. Yes, it might be awkward wearing stuff like hyperflight or Lebron 16s but that's not the case for Jordans. You're a Jordan 1 guy now. Well, that was the first Jordan basketball shoes and you wear them casually now. I also personally don't think it's awkward wearing legendary shoes like the Uptempos, the Gloves, the Pennys, the Air Max series etc. casually and we see a lot of people wearing those classic shoes daily.

Last edited:
God Damnit! Now they got Travis Scott in the commercial! I am hopeful this is a wider release than I was told.

This is the current hypebeast sentiment.

I noticed suddenly in the sneaker community basketball sneakers aren't "cool". I can't wear these bulky sneakers blah blah. But they'll wear some bulky sneaker if Kanye or some other celeb puts it out.

And the I don't play basketball so I can't wear them. Do you run marathons?

Adults wear what they want. I hate the lack of individuality that exist today.

Back
Top Bottom