Air Jordan XXXVI (36) first info…

tobey-csc-Image-5-3-22-at-4.11-PM.jpg

Late to the 36s party.

Wore the Sport Blues for the first time.

EE31430F-2FB7-4882-AB02-983C30809993.jpeg

A beautiful shoe in many ways.

But my oh my, did my right pinky take a beating.

And sadly even after one wear the blue paint on the midsole is getting scuffed up and looking ugly.

0BDB76E7-46FB-4C81-A1EC-D373480231F8.jpeg

23CDA33B-54F3-42D4-8530-B22D269D33EE.jpeg

Disappointing.
Here comes my favorite line..
"Worn Js are best looking Js."
Theyre still dope as hell my G. Scuffs creases nicks paint chipping whatever is how theyre meant to be. Keep em clean run maintenance if need be but that aside rock them like only you can. New age DS forever obsession kills me.

Theyre still dope as hell my G. Scuffs creases nicks paint chipping whatever is how theyre meant to be. Keep em clean run maintenance if need be but that aside rock them like only you can. New age DS forever obsession kills me.
those shoes need to have the step-on treatment. I missed those times that we would step on someone else's new shoes so that they would treat them well like they should. :rofl:

those shoes need to have the step-on treatment. I missed those times that we would step on someone else's new shoes so that they would treat them well like they should. :rofl:
Having flashbacks over here, are you trying to revive past trauma? 😂😂
No lie thats exactly how it was for soooo many of us back when, it was like a right of passage to have friends or family step on them. Then the old heads would tell you how to clean em up and so on. Gotta wear em its only right to, whatever happens happens and tells a story of sorts.

No lie thats exactly how it was for soooo many of us back when, it was like a right of passage to have friends or family step on them. Then the old heads would tell you how to clean em up and so on. Gotta wear em its only right to, whatever happens happens and tells a story of sorts.
exactly, amazing times. it's like saying that you obtained your manhood. you're not it if you don't have a single blemish on you. :rofl:

My friends wear Air Max Excee’s and Dusty vans, ion want them anywhere near my kicks. 😂

Last edited:
Since it was mentioned. I noticed with my Lil Flip's, my left toe was smushed(didn't really hurt, but I could feel it), but the second time yesterday I had no problems. I think I had the same problem with my first wear on the infrareds, but they were fine after that.

I’m old school and completely agree if speaking generally.

Creases, discolouring, paint chipping over time, I can dig that.

But one hour’s wear and the blue trim is already messed up on both sides of both shoes?

I’m waiting for another model where the midsole paint isn’t as shiny/chippable, or where the color is less of a contrast to the rest of the shoe so that the marks show up less.

To each his own.

But one hour’s wear and the blue trim is already messed up on both sides of both shoes?

I’m waiting for another model where the midsole paint isn’t as shiny/chippable, or where the color is less of a contrast to the rest of the shoe so that the marks show up less.

To each his own.
My “first light” pair did the same thing and I was pissed. I agree creases, wear, etc is fine but an hour in and the chipping was crazy. Luckily after the first time they didn’t get any noticeably worse. I also picked up the infrareds and the midsole paint held up much better.

To each his own.
Hear what you are saying and honestly can agree, suppose i was just attempting to make positive out of a negative is all.
Truth be told paint/dye issues have been one of my major complaints of the last couple years. Under no circumstances should it happening this quickly especially considering they have the ability to negate such issues if they went about the manufacturing process differently.
Ultimately the midsole trim piece of the 36 will be a problem for all be it by paint chipping or simply losing adhesion to the midsole itself. Its a design flaw that could have been negated but would have cost more to do so and well we know nikes stance on cost efficiency.

I just ordered a pair of the PF version of the XXXVIs in sport blue from StockX for under retail even after all the fees. I'm hoping the PF version will reduce the beating that my pinky toes will get compared to the regular version, but I guess time will tell.

My guy, if I wanted a shoe with an all-white midsole to play in I’d have bought one.

One game in my Sport Blues and they already have more paint chips than my 2012 Bred 4s 🤣
well it's bound to happen whether we like it or not. I have customized some shoes in the past and they didn't last that long before they chipped away some of that paint. there are two things to delay that kind of degradation. use a different/stronger paint or use that color on that rubber compound. my pair have scuff marks on them but I'm not making a huge deal about it. otherwise it would be a joke if people would start complaining about these sorts of things. I mean, there are other issues that are much more important than paint scuffs or wears, like your pinky toe for example.

Late to the 36s party.

Wore the Sport Blues for the first time.

EE31430F-2FB7-4882-AB02-983C30809993.jpeg

A beautiful shoe in many ways.

But my oh my, did my right pinky take a beating.

And sadly even after one wear the blue paint on the midsole is getting scuffed up and looking ugly.

0BDB76E7-46FB-4C81-A1EC-D373480231F8.jpeg

23CDA33B-54F3-42D4-8530-B22D269D33EE.jpeg

Disappointing.

I hope that you won the fight

1652385898914.gif

To each his own.

Yeah I’m not down to have some beat up a** shoes after one wear.

That’s why I don’t like playing with people, because I’m nice someone steps on my shoes it’s

1652386046393.gif

Back
Top Bottom