Air Jordan XXXVI (36) first info…

Yeah I’m not down to have some beat up a** shoes after one wear.

That’s why I don’t like playing with people, because I’m nice someone steps on my shoes it’s

1652386046393.gif

Met him a few weeks back and had him sign this for me! :lol:

PXL_20220327_185743609_exported_958_1649382564345.jpg

Giancarlo was at convention a few miles from my house. Had that pic on deck because he's been doing more and more cons/shows since The Mandalorian, and I knew I wanted something from that scene signed. They usually have a bunch of pics from their career on their tables at those shows, but he had not one single DTRT pic. His assistant actually said something to the effect of "holy sht, we don't get many of those coming through here. It's usually Mando or Breaking Bad." Giancarlo was thrilled when I laid it down in front of him. He actually hit me with the YOOOOOO! Talked to me for awhile about it, actually. Said there was all kinds of craziness surrounding that scene and the shoes.

Giancarlo was at convention a few miles from my house. Had that pic on deck because he's been doing more and more cons/shows since The Mandalorian, and I knew I wanted something from that scene signed. They usually have a bunch of pics from their career on their tables at those shows, but he had not one single DTRT pic. His assistant actually said something to the effect of "holy sht, we don't get many of those coming through here. It's usually Mando or Breaking Bad." Giancarlo was thrilled when I laid it down in front of him. He actually hit me with the YOOOOOO! Talked to me for awhile about it, actually. Said there was all kinds of craziness surrounding that scene and the shoes.

Awesome! Repped and thanks for elaborating.

A true gem, hope you frame it!

Oh for sure! It's one of my favorite pieces I've ever gotten. Need to get out to my frame guy sometime soon and drop a few things off. He does some SERIOUS work for me. Not to derail, but picked this up last time I was there...

PXL_20220409_175146815.MP.jpg
No derailing imo, once in a lifetime experience sneaker related.
Not sure how long you gents had a chance to shoot the **** but what id like to know..
Is he Was he Is he still a sneakerhead? Like to think of GenX as the definitive point where sneakerhead became a thing and curious whose still in it their thoughts and so forth.
Damn nice artwork and framing btw 🔥🔥

I think ima try for those Rui’s. They’re too unique 🔥

although I think ima ship back my infrareds. The killed my right foot pinky toe. I worked hella hard to break em in, stuff em and push stuff into the edge that was pinching to try to widen and I maybe overdid it lol. They feel ok now but the way that shoe squeaks and I feel a little bulge on the forefoot zoom, Im a lil concerned I damaged them. I wish they made a 13.5 in these (which usually when that size is made, they make like 5 pairs)

No derailing imo, once in a lifetime experience sneaker related.
Not sure how long you gents had a chance to shoot the **** but what id like to know..
Is he Was he Is he still a sneakerhead? Like to think of GenX as the definitive point where sneakerhead became a thing and curious whose still in it their thoughts and so forth.
Damn nice artwork and framing btw 🔥🔥

He gave me a little more time than some of the other folks, for sure. He told me that MJ and Nike were like OD specific about how those 4's could be portrayed. He said everybody originally pushed for Buggin Out to wear the black pair, but quickly realized that the scuff wouldn't show, so they had to audible it and get a sample of the white/cements (if you look at the closeup, they don't have the mesh on the tongue, it's perforated like on the Oreos/UNCs). When they finally showed up they were the wrong size, and all kinds of shenanigans ensued. I had actually almost worn my pair, but changed my mind at the last second. Mentioned that to him and he said he THINKS he still has that OG pair in storage somewhere and I'd inspired him to go looking for them when he got home. It was a helluva convo for someone like us who grew up in this culture with this movie.

He gave me a little more time than some of the other folks, for sure. He told me that MJ and Nike were like OD specific about how those 4's could be portrayed. He said everybody originally pushed for Buggin Out to wear the black pair, but quickly realized that the scuff wouldn't show, so they had to audible it and get a sample of the white/cements (if you look at the closeup, they don't have the mesh on the tongue, it's perforated like on the Oreos/UNCs). When they finally showed up they were the wrong size, and all kinds of shenanigans ensued. I had actually almost worn my pair, but changed my mind at the last second. Mentioned that to him and he said he THINKS he still has that OG pair in storage somewhere and I'd inspired him to go looking for them when he got home. It was a helluva convo for someone like us who grew up in this culture with this movie.
Thats ****in awesome man helluva memory for sure id bet 👊🏼👊🏼

Thats ****in awesome man helluva memory for sure id bet 👊🏼👊🏼

Absolutely. Something I'll never forget. I know some folks gripe about meeting celebs at these shows because you gotta pay or whatever, but some of these celebs take it VERY seriously. They're genuinely appreciative that you've taken time and money to come see them and make sure you get a real interaction with them. Esposito is probably top 3 I've ever met in that regard. Just cool AF all the way around.

I just heard Giancarlo inteviewed recently on Rich Eisen's radio show and he seems like a good guy. Very appreciative of all the cool/iconic projects he's been involved in over the years.

Also, kind of doubt he's a sneakerhead. He's a baseball guy.

Back
Top Bottom