Air Jordan XXXVI (36) first info…

Very nice shoe, phenomenal colorway...in my eyes somewhat wasted unfortunately! I will 100% pass on these...to much Tatum flavour all over.

If they had done only the signature on the insoles ala Melo 19's I would have copped for sure, but the badge at the front, even though it's nice, along with the flag and Deuce and everything else is way too much for general appeal IMO.

You have to either really don't care or be a big Tatum fan to endorse this much Tatum on an Air Jordan, which I think most people that buy J's aren't.

Even though he has serious basketball skills, I've been allergic to this guy for a few years already and even more so after the last playoffs.

With that said I can understand why some people may like him and it's perfectly fine, but again as far as shoes are concerned I like to keep my Air Jordan: Jordan's!

I agree a nice colorway but I don’t need them and I’m a Lakers fan.

Tatum’s cool but…

Regarding the Tatum flavor, I agree but if someone notices that they’re probably getting kicked in the face! :rofl:

👀👀👀🤣 nothing we all didn’t already know
95FD1A8B-A144-43CB-B090-7CEFD84EF755.jpeg

Thinking about picking up my first pair before these are inevitably gone. Was very close to grabbing the first lights at the outlets last week but ultimately decided to pass on the colorway.

I mostly hoop in lows but any opinions on the mid vs low top versions? Also does the translucent outsole perform worse? Every colorway I’ve had my eye on has translucent.

Thinking about picking up my first pair before these are inevitably gone. Was very close to grabbing the first lights at the outlets last week but ultimately decided to pass on the colorway.

I mostly hoop in lows but any opinions on the mid vs low top versions? Also does the translucent outsole perform worse? Every colorway I’ve had my eye on has translucent.
They’re all translucent minus overseas releases “PF”. The traction was not a problem.

I prefer playing in lows as well and to be honest the mids in the 36 feel great. The cushion is amazing and they’re lightweight. I’d pick up more if I come across either version around $100 or so. They’re top notch performers.

Haven’t played in any of my 36s, but I find the fit difference between the mids and lows pretty negligible; the mids aren’t much higher on the ankle than the lows.

I have the white/red/black pair and the translucent outsole is fine on indoors courts. I love the 36s and, just me, I prefer the mids over the lows because the mids feel more secure for me. The lows are super comfortable too, though, so you really can’t go wrong with either type.

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies. True to size as well? I'll likely go into store and try on again today before deciding.

Now to figure out how to bring another pair of hoop shoes without wifey tripping out lol....
I naturally like the lockdown of the mids more. Wore my infrared lows 3-4 times and I think they broke in enough by now, but the mids are set and forget on court and amazing.

Thanks for the replies. True to size as well? I'll likely go into store and try on again today before deciding.

Now to figure out how to bring another pair of hoop shoes without wifey tripping out lol....
Yeah I went TTS but wide footers have had issues with the mids. The lows seem to be a tad wider (to me at least)

Went with the white silver lows as all the color ways on shelf were pretty awful imo. The footlockers in Houston had the green Celtics colorway but wasn’t really feeling them in person.

These remind me of the KD12 wolfgrey. On another note, these KDs sitting in the closet for years has really made the yellowing significantly worse. They look awful next to the 36s lol

6767F158-D26C-4F1A-A48B-281BFDC92648.jpeg

Starting to get frustrated with hoop shoes and my weird *** feet. I swear half the shoes I buy always give me heel slip in my right foot but there’s no way I could tolerate a half size down for my left foot. I really feel like my left is a 10.5 but right is a 10.

Doesn’t matter how tight I tie the laces I usually get heel slip in my right or then the midfoot pain becomes unbearable from the laces being too tight. I’m starting to think maybe my socks are affecting fit. I always wear the ankle cut elite socks but I’m starting to think maybe they have a slick material that causes my foot to slide around in the shoe. Anyone have any alternatives?

Returned the lows today and went with a half size down to try and see if it fixes my issue. On try on it felt much better for my smaller foot but definitely a bit snug on the opposite. I feel I’ll be able to get away with it still as long as the heel slip is gone when I’m really running in them. Fingers crossed…

Starting to get frustrated with hoop shoes and my weird *** feet. I swear half the shoes I buy always give me heel slip in my right foot but there’s no way I could tolerate a half size down for my left foot. I really feel like my left is a 10.5 but right is a 10.

Doesn’t matter how tight I tie the laces I usually get heel slip in my right or then the midfoot pain becomes unbearable from the laces being too tight. I’m starting to think maybe my socks are affecting fit. I always wear the ankle cut elite socks but I’m starting to think maybe they have a slick material that causes my foot to slide around in the shoe. Anyone have any alternatives?
try to double up/layer on your right foot with a heavier cotton sock on top of your usual one. If you do not want to put 2 one over the other because it gets too tight at the toe, you could use a longer crew sock for that foot and you fold the sock back down underneath your midfoot so you'll have 2 layers at the heel but only one at the toes.

Both ways usually work very well, it's just a matter of preference.

Now go get these 10.5 back! :rofl:

But more seriously, bring your game socks with you at the store when not sure and try it out no matter what strategy you chose in the end, that will prevent you from going back and forth or ending up regretting your decision later on whenever buying new shoes.

Last edited:
(I’ve posted this before) when Curry was Tatum’s age he wasn’t even an all-star yet. People need to chill out with the “he’ll never be this or that” talk still super early in his career.
Thank you. And we’re here to talk about shoes. Damn lol. Just missed those size 13 multi lows on eBay for 130ish plus ship. Being patient because I have 2 pairs in rotation… so I need a 3rd? I want eybl low and black Tatum PE… 😬😬 but 37 just dropped on FNL, code and reward Gets em to 150

Back
Top Bottom