Air Jordan XXXVI (36) first info…

Oh yeah, today was the original proposed release day right. No sign of those joints or any of the other ones (colorways we've seen confirmed images for). Only 36 even on J23's calendar is the 12/30 Bayou Boys.
originally it was earlier in November, then pushed back right before Black Friday, then December 9th, and now who knows when...
At this rate Bayou Boys will be out in March cause the blk-infrared haven't released yet as well as the laser orange. Then in January there's always the CNY and some kind of black cat or MLK day colorway, probably some kind of ASG colorway after that as well.
It's just a guess based on previous observations but lets see what the coming weeks bring...
Can't wait for the next ones we see!

Last edited:
Anyone who played in them agree with him?

ok where to start...

This review is so full of contradictions and it gets me dizzy just tryin' to follow his thought process!

I do agree that the fit is quite snug at the forefoot in regards to width and that there is about 1 finger of space in length at the front when going TTS, so your toes line up right where the fuse material starts. They feel a little shallow at the toe at first even if you have normal feet. After about 3 wears on court, that feeling lessens to the point you don't feel the shoes anymore. If worn casually, that feeling may never go away or take much longer, IDK.

I played in the 36 extensively and I don't agree with about 95% of the supposedly negative stuff he mentions. I feel like he takes things to the extreme on the negative side in many regards and most of it I don't even understand where that came from honestly since I'm having a very different experience with them. Calling the shoes dangerous!?! it's just completely ridiculous. Calling the shoes ''so rolly'' because of the bottom loaded zoom and outsole bottom shape when you're 245, laughable, saying the sole has''no wide base!?! wtf the outsoles are flared at the bottom about a mile wide! Super stable and believe me I can cut just like Iverson, Kyrie or anybody in this game...so again with the pertained correlations between the shoes performance and his own athletic abilities...no disrespect but it makes no sense either. I can push it a step further than him in two aspects and I'm having no issues at all with the shoes performance or stability on court: I still have a 44 inch vert and can dunk, I'm a former int'l level 100m sprinter and never met a basketball player faster than me on court having played D1 and even at my old age so again I cannot agree with his comments. The only thing I can't comment about is being 245 and that's probably where the breaking point lies cause this guy might be more like a Zion type of player from what I can understand, quick and overpowerful.

As for the ''positives'' he mentions like you can get rid completely of all the dust with 2-3 wipes, that's just total BS! The deeper end of the groves of my Firsts Lights are all black from playing on indoor courts exclusively and I can't even get it out with a brush! The soles are that sticky and attract dust like magnets, but they do not slip though. The only thing that's relevant is that they do NOT slip, as for the rest of the useless info in regards to this, do we even care in the end?

I agree that the cushionning is great, but having played in the 35 again yesterday, I must admit that I still prefer the 35 and 34 style of cushionning way better over the 36, but that's just down to personnal preference really because there is absolutely nothing wrong with the 36.
In my own experience the 34 and 35 cushionning is just legendary, yeah it is that good!

For the few reviews I've seen from him in the past I liked, but this time in all respect, probably the worst review of the 36 I've seen and I feel this one is so far off. I take it the exact same way as a new car review where journalists try to find stuff just to say stuff and most of it is either irrelevant or doesn't reflect real world experience for most owners. Only them can see what they see so they seem like they're more knowledgeable about stuff ''in their own head'' and they create content just because they have to fill some space, that's exactly what it is with this one.

Last edited:
ok where to start...

This review is so full of contradictions and it gets me dizzy just tryin' to follow his thought process!

I do agree that the fit is quite snug at the forefoot in regards to width and that there is about 1 finger of space in length at the front when going TTS, so your toes line up right where the fuse material starts. They feel a little shallow at the toe at first even if you have normal feet. After about 3 wears on court, that feeling lessens to the point you don't feel the shoes anymore. If worn casually, that feeling may never go away or take much longer, IDK.

I played in the 36 extensively and I don't agree with about 95% of the supposedly negative stuff he mentions. I feel like he takes things to the extreme on the negative side in many regards and most of it I don't even understand where that came from honestly since I'm having a very different experience with them. Calling the shoes dangerous!?! it's just completely ridiculous. Calling the shoes ''so rolly'' because of the bottom loaded zoom and outsole bottom shape when you're 245, laughable, saying the sole has''no wide base!?! wtf the outsoles are flared at the bottom about a mile wide! Super stable and believe me I can cut just like Iverson, Kyrie or anybody in this game...so again with the pertained correlations between the shoes performance and his own athletic abilities...no disrespect but it makes no sense either. I can push it a step further than him in two aspects and I'm having no issues at all with the shoes performance or stability on court: I still have a 44 inch vert and can dunk, I'm a former int'l level 100m sprinter and never met a basketball player faster than me on court having played D1 and even at my old age so again I cannot agree with his comments. The only thing I can't comment about is being 245 and that's probably where the breaking point lies cause this guy might be more like a Zion type of player from what I can understand, quick and overpowerful.

As for the ''positives'' he mentions like you can get rid completely of all the dust with 2-3 wipes, that's just total BS! The deeper end of the groves of my Firsts Lights are all black from playing on indoor courts exclusively and I can't even get it out with a brush! The soles are that sticky and attract dust like magnets, but they do not slip though. The only thing that's relevant is that they do NOT slip, as for the rest of the useless info in regards to this, do we even care in the end?

I agree that the cushionning is great, but having played in the 35 again yesterday, I must admit that I still prefer the 35 and 34 style of cushionning way better over the 36, but that's just down to personnal preference really because there is absolutely nothing wrong with the 36.
In my own experience the 34 and 35 cushionning is just legendary, yeah it is that good!

For the few reviews I've seen from him in the past I liked, but this time in all respect, probably the worst review of the 36 I've seen and I feel this one is so far off. I take it the exact same way as a new car review where journalists try to find stuff just to say stuff and most of it is either irrelevant or doesn't reflect real world experience for most owners. Only them can see what they see so they seem like they're more knowledgeable about stuff ''in their own head'' and they create content just because they have to fill some space, that's exactly what it is with this one.

Thank you for the detailed reply, I appreciate it.

I don’t have the 36’s yet but I have the 35’s and like them a lot!

Thanks again for your review and response!

ok where to start...

I think he misused the term of being dangerous to play in. I would have used the term "flexible" in terms of support instead. while I do agree with him about the 34s and 35s being more rigid but I have more fun playing with the 36. felt more agile with the 36s compared to the 34 SEs and I love the SEs' but not as much as the 36s. I could use the 36s once I recover from my injury.

Thank you for the detailed reply, I appreciate it.

I don’t have the 36’s yet but I have the 35’s and like them a lot!

Thanks again for your review and response!
That's what NT is about!

I benefit from all of you guys' advice and comments all the time in making well advised decisions in regards to shoes, so now was just my turn to return the favor. I'm just glad if my humble part might have helped you and others here.

Even those those youtubers I kindly make jokes about sometimes with fictional scripts such as Weartesters, Mr. Foamer Simpson, Jacques Slade and others just to mame a few are all helpful in some way making my mind in the end and while I certainly don't always agree with what they say, I can understand where they come from and I appreciate the work and effort they put forth. Worst case scenario it helps me build a better BS filter in the long run or I just take it as entertainment...

Anytime man, my pleasure!

That's what NT is about!

I benefit from all of you guys' advice and comments all the time in making well advised decisions in regards to shoes, so now was just my turn to return the favor. I'm just glad if my humble part might have helped you and others here.

Even those those youtubers I kindly make jokes about sometimes with fictional scripts such as Weartesters, Mr. Foamer Simpson, Jacques Slade and others just to mame a few are all helpful in some way making my mind in the end and while I certainly don't always agree with what they say, I can understand where they come from and I appreciate the work and effort they put forth. Worst case scenario it helps me build a better BS filter in the long run or I just take it as entertainment...

Anytime man, my pleasure!
true enough. in the end, it always comes down to you what is factual or not or if you are willing to buy in on the B.S. or not. you can't just give a 100% of your trust. once you have obtained enough facts, it's all about putting all the pieces together to fit. this is why I never give my full support nor confidence nor just follow reviewers blindly. some will always have other motives. most of the time, I just look at the reviews for entertainment purposes but I do ignore viewing reviews that were only clickbait.

F90A2B40-4E73-45C8-BF98-EBD546A19D18.jpeg

While I like seeing the PE I hate them at the same time knowing they’ll never release and we’re stuck waiting on weak colors. I get the PE in general aren’t “safe” and may not sell well / cater to the average consumers more standard palate, but seeing the PE shows the potential on the sneakers. Seeing the PE’s on the Jordan 34 hurt my heart…..

JS”

While I like seeing the PE I hate them at the same time knowing they’ll never release and we’re stuck waiting on weak colors. I get the PE in general aren’t “safe” and may not sell well / cater to the average consumers more standard palate, but seeing the PE shows the potential on the sneakers. Seeing the PE’s on the Jordan 34 hurt my heart…..

JS”
not just the PE but continental exclusives or releases that will never be available for North America.

vettez06 vettez06 i can’t remember over the years what you have played in, but to compare the 36 to other Jordan’s- I would say the upper of the 34 with the cushioning of the 28.
yep that would be the closest comparison. Great way to summarize it!

I decided to put on both side by side just for the fun of it and I'd add the following observations:
-the 36 is just a lil'bit more plush because of the addition of the zoom strobble.
-when wearing one of each, you notice that with the 28 your foot is in fact slightly lower to the ground, but you don't lose any court feel in the 36,it feels as stable and as reactive.

Although I love the 28 to death for on court performance,
36 is clearly an evolution here and I have no choice but to acknowledge that the 36 very well might be the better shoe in my humble opinion...not to take anything away from the 28 I repeat because I'd ball in them over pretty much everything else all day.

IMG_4275.JPG

Last edited:

JS”

I’m in the same boat but I feel a bit differently. I no longer care to see their PE’s that we’ll never see released.

Back
Top Bottom