AJ XXX (30)

If these end up in outlets ima cop. I probably need new basketball shoes

Last edited:
I jumped the gun. I was harsh about that big Jumpman on the toe, but the way they did it with that new material where it isn't seen all of the time depending on light and angle is really cool. Great job, JB. [emoji]128077[/emoji][emoji]127995[/emoji]

So I signed up for the first access Jordan xxx online. Just a moment ago, got a call from Nike headquarters. Didn't pick up because didn't recognize the number but did reverse Google search and found out. Anyone have any idea what that call might be?

1Widelegs.png

View media item 1868618
Is it really a reach?

Wow.... very nice! We are walkin around in 20 yr old patent leather basketball shoes waiting for another colorway to come back again! Well, I'm moving on to the new! These are great.

I jumped the gun. I was harsh about that big Jumpman on the toe, but the way they did it with that new material where it isn't seen all of the time depending on light and angle is really cool. Great job, JB. [emoji]128077[/emoji][emoji]127995[/emoji]
Agreed, that 3m Jumpman is sick. Would have been putrid if it was a solid fixture.

To once and for all put the conspiracy theories to the rest::::::::..(or not..)
""The reason for this midsole reprising its role is that Russell Westbrook and Jordan Brand’s other key athletes didn’t want it to change at all, and the Flight Plate technology on the XX9 was in fact widely lauded as one of the best cushioning designs ever and shelving it already might’ve been somewhat of a waste"".
Sneakernews.com
They couldn't keep all the tech the same and just make it look a little different? :rolleyes

I agree. I thought the price increases was due to the new technology being used. Well this shoe is $20 cheaper then last years. So it really does expose the retro prices. What it says is that  retros using much older and cheaper technology does not warrant a 220 dollar price tag. It just shows us that Nike and Jordan Brand capitalized off of high demand and jacked the prices up on retros.

Quote:

I agree. I thought the price increases was due to the new technology being used. Well this shoe is $20 cheaper then last years. So it really does expose the retro prices. What it says is that  retros using much older and cheaper technology does not warrant a 220 dollar price tag. It just shows us that Nike and Jordan Brand capitalized off of high demand and jacked the prices up on retros.
If you thought there was any other reason then you need to jump off a bridge.

My comment wasn't a knock or a shot at anyone. I was agreeing with what was in the post. So the jump off the bridge part could have been left out.

def, they been gassing the retro pricing the last few years n a $200 msrp for their sig shoe really, undeniably exposes that

..n I gotta wonder if that printed toe tech. will avoid cracking
not just the retro pricing but pricing in general. they always have. let's be honest there is no sig that costs more than a few cents to a couple dollars at most more to make than the average team bball shoe, and yet they cost like $50-100 more. Historically almost every sig has brought a new price tier. I guess they felt like they just couldn't with this one either because it's so similar or because of the other selling patterns atm with retros. We've seen a rare trend of price reduction with these last 2 sigs but I guarantee they will start increasing it again. maybe they will hype the hell out of the 31 and jump back up to $250, or maybe they wait a year or 2. $200  is still ridiculous imo but it's a lot better than $250 like the 28.... an ugly boot shroud is not worth 50 bucks more....

Last edited:
These shoes are super fresh. I love the design of them.

I feel as if the crowd saying these are ugly af are younger people / relatively new people to sneakers.

The reason I believe that is because they expect all Jordan's to have a lifestyle design. Something that can be worn down with mostly joggers. Ex: Retro's 1-14. At the end of the day, Jordan's are performance / basketball shoes. You cannot expect shoes to have all this great new technology and materials and look like Retro's 1-3. Additionally in all honestly, Retro's 1-14 are pretty bad shoes to play basketball in.

Shoe looks like as if it well perform very well on court. As they are ended to do so.

/endrant

The "these are for performance, not casual wear" is the lamest excuse thrown out there for lack of aesthetics design wise. When Nike/JB cares, both can/could be done.

Back
Top Bottom