Amazon FBA, Merch By Amazon..

Update: 13 sales as of Thursday. Waiting to tier up. Hopefully they give me the green light Monday. Really wanting to connect with someone with a strong blog and/or social media presence to speed sales up. Anybody have experience working with influencers like that?

Update: 13 sales as of Thursday. Waiting to tier up. Hopefully they give me the green light Monday. Really wanting to connect with someone with a strong blog and/or social media presence to speed sales up. Anybody have experience working with influencers like that?

Nice bro congrats!

So im 2 months in. 7 days into my third month.

Im waiting to be tiered up to 500 and 10 uploads a day.

No influencer experience. I dont think you need it, but Im sure if you connect with the right person you could definitely benefit.

My first month I sold like 10. I bought 3 or 4. Lol

Second month sold 39.

7 days into October Im at 51 sales. Thats 9 more in 7 days, then my entire last month.
20171007_132255.jpg

20171007_131944.jpg

If anybody wants that last pic interface its a Chrome extension called 'Pretty Merch' lol

But yo.. it starts to snowball. Research is a motha#*#*$. Im JUST starting to learn how to really research and find dope, unsaturated niches.

13 sales is killer. Have you used Merch Informer? Or even just searches on Amazon csm yield valuable data.

Last edited:
Oh yeah..

Couple things.

That 7 day royalty could easily be $150-$250.

For about 30+ shirts I was only making like 10 cents a shirt. Which I did strictly to tier up and get out of 2 uploads a day hell.

I hit on a trend, but at first it was selling slowly. I wanted to tier up so I lowered the price to the cheapest in the niche and it went nuts.

Sold 36 of that one shirt in half a week.

Which showed me the power of trends. Kind of where Ive been focusing lately..

Oh yeah..

Couple things.

That 7 day royalty could easily be $150-$250.

For about 30+ shirts I was only making like 10 cents a shirt. Which I did strictly to tier up and get out of 2 uploads a day hell.

I hit on a trend, but at first it was selling slowly. I wanted to tier up so I lowered the price to the cheapest in the niche and it went nuts.

Sold 36 of that one shirt in half a week.

Which showed me the power of trends. Kind of where Ive been focusing lately..

Man this is so motivating, thanks again for sharing. I think I need to be better at research. I only have one design that is doing ok organically then another made specifically for my family. I use merchresearch pretty much exclusively but if you have other suggestions i'm all ears.

Man this is so motivating, thanks again for sharing. I think I need to be better at research. I only have one design that is doing ok organically then another made specifically for my family. I use merchresearch pretty much exclusively but if you have other suggestions i'm all ears.

No doubt, you're gonna get there bro!

Tier 10 is tough. A lot of people give up early on, but F that - you're right on schedule.

For me, I had to pretty much create designs for my fam and myself. It was tough. I would get one sale, then a week/ 2 weeks before another..

Kept pushing though.

My mindstate moved from creating what I thought was dope - to mostly letting the market decide.. (I still make stuff I like because theres a demographic that likes what I do, but you have to tap into the much bigger markets)

It's an evolution, but with your motivation you can take this as far as you want! I cant stress that enough, Ive been trying to put on my fam and friends and only a couple have been receptive. All day in my groups, I see people trying to buy accounts, hurting to get onto the platform because of its crazy potential. This is the best side hustle (that can turn into your primary) I've ever come across.

Im not sure if merch research is part of merch informer or not. I think they may have merged a while back, I'm not sure. That said, Ive been refining my workflow and am gonna put a document together for my FB group, I'll share it with you as soon as Im done bro.

Im also gonna PM you a couple examples of shirts I have up, including the one I hit hardest on and have sold almost 40 shirts of. Just to see what Ive had success with.

I dont know if you've joined my FB group or not, but theres this other group that I'm in, that has daily Merch FB Live videos. Its called The New Jersey Drive (they literally record it while driving lol) and it's awesome. They have guests and discuss day-to-day stuff regarding Merch. Really insightful, I highly recommend joining their group so you have access to those Live videos everyday. They go live around 1pm Eastern I believe, but you can obviously watch them when you have time.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/merchempire/

Last thing! Hoodys and sweatshirts are on the way... some code from the Merch site leaked and they are definitely getting ready to add them to the product catalog. You'll already be experienced and ready to go by then.

Consider yourself lucky to have got in, in Merch's infancy. I was talking to a big dog, top 3 seller on Merch and he talked to the head of the Merch program and they are ramping things up pretty significantly. This dude does 6 figures easy, he made like $30k profit last December. His goal is $50k-$60k this December.

Keep grindin, have patience, and know if you stick with it you can transform your account into a pretty lucrative hustle man.. Im talking crazy numbers. Off t shirts lol

I'll PM you later today

Last edited:
Some other questions I have...

How do you know if you are in the "merch" category of Amazon (as a buyer / researcher)? I just randomly came across some shirts, but I don't think they are in the "merch" category because they have printing on the sleeve. How do you KNOW you're in the Merch category - it has to say "novelty" ? Is there a way to lock this in, so you aren't just pulling **** from all non-merch categories as well?

Is this where you search for trademarks? http://tmsearch.uspto.gov/bin/showfield

Can you print quotes from sports coaches? sports scores? Say I wanted to make a shirt that was referencing Michigan State University, but didn't specifically say "Michigan State University" or "MSU" or anything like that? "Go Green" or other references allowed?

Some other questions I have...

How do you know if you are in the "merch" category of Amazon (as a buyer / researcher)? I just randomly came across some shirts, but I don't think they are in the "merch" category because they have printing on the sleeve. How do you KNOW you're in the Merch category - it has to say "novelty" ? Is there a way to lock this in, so you aren't just pulling **** from all non-merch categories as well?

Is this where you search for trademarks? http://tmsearch.uspto.gov/bin/showfield

Can you print quotes from sports coaches? sports scores? Say I wanted to make a shirt that was referencing Michigan State University, but didn't specifically say "Michigan State University" or "MSU" or anything like that? "Go Green" or other references allowed?

1. The quickest way to tell you're looking at a Merch shirt is the white tag thats in the t shirt mock up on a listing.

(Not my shirt)
Screenshot_20171018-212341.png

You can also enter the following bullet point into the search bar and it will bring up all of the Anvil shirts (Premiums wont be listed because theyre not tagged with this bullet point):

'Lightweight, Classic fit, Double-needle sleeve and bottom hem'

That said, this link is my favorite way to do it. You can either enter a keyword or leave it blank and hit enter - for all Merch shirts.

link:
https://merchinformer.com/merch-amazon-listings/

Lastly, Merch Informer released a dope app for Android. Check it out:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.merchinformer

2. Yes, I use tmhunt.com. I can get into this more in a different post, or if you have questions or get stuck on a specific trademark check, hit me up and I will help you work thru it.

3. Sports related stuff is a slippery slope. Remember, even combined colors can be trademarked (think Michigan's blue and yellow), but general rule of thumb is I would personally stay away from anything that can be considered infringing. Theres a shirt thats killin and has been since the Super Bowl. And its literally just a scoreboard with the score of the SB. They don't have any mention of the game or the teams in the listing, so they were able to sneak it into the system, but a few grand profit isnt worth risking losing my account. Just too much potential for BIG money longterm to risk the short flourish.

That said, depending on your design, you might be good. If its more about a city or a sport in general, you should be good, but I would stay away from anything that is implying a specific team. thats just me though.

Hope that helps man.

Still working on this Workflow document. Lately my process is evolving a bit more rapidly, but I think I might start a Youtube channel too, to visually show folks how I go about it all.

Last edited:
What do I have to enter for my Tax Information?

Do I need to set something up, like a "DBA" (Doing Business As)?

The tax information thing is pretty simple, you don't need a DBA (but you can set it up that way if you wish) For me (and everybody else I know in Merch), entering my tax info, I just put my name for the business name and it's run off my SSN.

Back
Top Bottom