Amazon FBA, Merch By Amazon..

sucks, i have plenty of ideas that i know will sell ezpz

I think it is all random. I signed up in July I believe, and I was approved September 7th. Submitted all of my information, but still haven't uploaded a single shirt yet. I think you have 120 days from invitation until you submit your first shirt, or your account gets deactivated. I need to get on it!

Since July for me
I just requested a invite. Seems like a easy hustle i can do in the truck while i wait to dump/ pick up loads. Hope i have better luck than yall.
Anyone out here having luck using politics?

I just requested a invite. Seems like a easy hustle i can do in the truck while i wait to dump/ pick up loads. Hope i have better luck than yall.
Anyone out here having luck using politics?

Yes politics is big money. Per usual.

Definitely out'cheah with a piece of that political pie in my portfolio.

For people still waiting, if you dont know how to use Photoshop/ Illustrator now is the time to learn.

Thats my advice.

Wish I would have done that, instead Im struggling thru it now when I should be breezing thru these 10 uploads a day..

Havent seen anybody not get in..
I would be ready

I'm playing around with GIMP and watching tutorials... I just haven't come up with a design yet.

How important is it to find this perfect niche, other than just throwing something up to just get rolling? If I understand what I've read, you have to be selective with your first shirts because the main point is to tier up (and thus have more design options) as fast as possible, rather than throw random designs up that may never sell and thus impede you from getting more designs.

I think it is all random. I signed up in July I believe, and I was approved September 7th. Submitted all of my information, but still haven't uploaded a single shirt yet. I think you have 120 days from invitation until you submit your first shirt, or your account gets deactivated. I need to get on it!

Damn bro I would throw some designs up.

Dont overthink it. Research a few niches and spin your own outta that.

hows this for motivation (some dude in my group - he's in T25)
Screenshot_20171023-144758.png

Q4 is a monster

I'm playing around with GIMP and watching tutorials... I just haven't come up with a design yet.

How important is it to find this perfect niche, other than just throwing something up to just get rolling? If I understand what I've read, you have to be selective with your first shirts because the main point is to tier up (and thus have more design options) as fast as possible, rather than throw random designs up that may never sell and thus impede you from getting more designs.

At this point we might not see another tier up until after the new year.

With the 4th quarter here I would throw designs up strictly to make money. See my previous post. 25 design slots and dude is killin it, and were just getting started. Black Friday on deck.

I would get something up. Even some text designs. Look at whats selling and make something similar. Flip it obviously but take inspiration from something proven. Keep your eyes out on trends. Trump is bound to say something before the end of the year that you can sell multiple copies of..

I'm still struggling to sell my first. Have those family shirts waiting on my client to pay for em then after they are gone I'll really be focusing on just making shirts with designs that I like for me to purchase and work toward creating a brand for myself again.

When I tier up I'll try to use the system and figure things out

I would get something up. Even some text designs. Look at whats selling and make something similar. Flip it obviously but take inspiration from something proven. Keep your eyes out on trends

This is the problem I'm having. Is there a way to do this type of research, without paying for MerchInformer?

I mean I can throw any random text on a shirt, but I don't want to waste a slot on something that might never even get noticed. Struggling with finding these niches, or even finding a category worth dipping into. Might just be over thinking it.

turbospartan turbospartan - anymore I have just been using Amazon.com

I just pick a word and start reasearching.

For example. Veterans Day. I'll enter that and then start going down the list. Im looking for a phrase or a saying or something that I can sub niche down into. Or Christmas. Start going down the list of Christmas shirts. Find a catchy saying and then enter that saying and see how many shirts there are, and if they've sold.

I'll repeat this until I find something.

You can enter anything, doesnt have to be a holiday. Enter "funny political shirts" go down the list and start going down the rabbit hole.

Eventually you will find something where there is not too many shirts, and most of them will have BSR's, which mean they're selling

Sold my first 2 shirts. Actually created the design for a family member, and assumed it was her that bought them... but when I texted her she said "nope, wasn't me.". So that's good, I think. BSR around 55k (within Novelty).

Is there a way to see more details about the purchase? When they bought it, who bought it, etc?

Edit: Looks like if you export the CSV data (button right next to your # of sales), it will give you more info. I don't think it tells you who the buyers are though (I just wanted to know if it was 1 person buying 2 shirts, or 2 separate people).

Last edited:
Congrats bro!! First sale is special..

Unfortunately Amazon doesn't provide any customer info, but yup, exporting the CSV file does give you a bit more data.

Check out the Pretty Merch Chrome extension. Its dope, MUCH better than the regular Merch dashboard.

It's a really slow grind at first, but it does start to snowball.

New products (other than just t shirts) will be here soon too.

Keep grinding

Happy to report that after a full 7 days of no sales last week this week I have brought in 22 sales, all organic. If you haven’t already get those Christmas designs up! A special thank you to maldonado maldonado for the motivational messages...my best selling shirt right now is a Veteran’s Day design after you suggested I put a few up!

Feeling completely recharged after a very trying previous week.

Happy to report that after a full 7 days of no sales last week this week I have brought in 22 sales, all organic

Nice. I just got a couple more sales today, 4 total now (but 1 cancelled, so 3).

Need to upload more designs as I only have 3 up

Damn bro I would throw some designs up.

Dont overthink it. Research a few niches and spin your own outta that.

hows this for motivation (some dude in my group - he's in T25)
Screenshot_20171023-144758.png

Q4 is a monster
I totally missed this post..holy ****!!!!

Happy to report that after a full 7 days of no sales last week this week I have brought in 22 sales, all organic. If you haven’t already get those Christmas designs up! A special thank you to maldonado maldonado for the motivational messages...my best selling shirt right now is a Veteran’s Day design after you suggested I put a few up!

Feeling completely recharged after a very trying previous week.

Yoooo! Thats dope, congrats my bro!

Really glad to hear that. Keep it up, you got it! I feel you, a couple of days where I only had 1 sale and then, woke up to 8! Most I've ever woke up to previously is 1. Keep grinding, it keeps getting better

This time next year we're going to be able to look back and trip on the growth, I'm telling you..

Crazy thing is, the buying season really begins the day after Thanksgiving, so we're just getting started.

So, like you said, get your holiday designs up!! letsgetit

With one of my designs taking off organically I’m highly considering putting some marketing dollars behind it, but not sure what platform is most effective. I feel like a small push could really open it up.

If I already submitted a shirt, but want to change one of the 5 shirt colors... how do I do that?

When I go into "edit" on the submission, it won't let me edit the shirt colors? I can edit the title, description, price, etc. How do I edit just the color of the shirts (want to switch out Royal Blue for Navy Blue)?

If I already submitted a shirt, but want to change one of the 5 shirt colors... how do I do that?

When I go into "edit" on the submission, it won't let me edit the shirt colors? I can edit the title, description, price, etc. How do I edit just the color of the shirts (want to switch out Royal Blue for Navy Blue)?

Can’t make any changes to the actual product, only the listing details and price. You will have to either delete and relist or add another variation of your shirt in a new slot.

Back
Top Bottom