America's Best Dance Crew Season 2 Thread

Originally Posted by So Slickening

Fusion, Body Rock, Prelude, Vibe, etc. >>>>>>>>>>>> ABDC.

�team millenia killed it at body rock this yr. too bad jun aint gonna have a chance to show his skills. dude put up a show at the choreographer's ball.
TM at body rock this yr

jun at choreographer's ball

so the same groups do the same thing again? or are the banned? or are the first winners not the best in america anymore? Nvm this is stupid now and imoit's an insult to the people who worked extremely hard the first time to win.

Originally Posted by wj4

Originally Posted by nyk buc

i think if supreme sole wins, they have to battle jabba live on the season finale. they said on public tv they won the battle (which from that youtube vids was not the case). jabba must be wanting to destroy them right now
roll.gif

laugh.gif
They didn't say it cable access...you mean national T.V. Yeah, from the 2 vids, one dude killed it bad for SoCal, he was breaking almost non stop. SS did come off pretty cocky on MTV, while Jabba came off confident, but still was humble about it.
The show hasn't "officially" started yet, and I already hate Supreme Soul. If they are so much better than Jabba, why didn't theycompete in the first season?

Jabba all the way! Supreme Soul can't hold Jabba's jock.

And yes, Team Millenia got robbed BIG TIME.

And yes again to whoever mentioned that NONE of these season 2 crews are better than Jabba. Jabba kinda ruined the rest of the seasons by setting the bar sohigh

Originally Posted by IamSoySauce3

Originally Posted by wj4

i think if supreme sole wins, they have to battle jabba live on the season finale. they said on public tv they won the battle (which from that youtube vids was not the case). jabba must be wanting to destroy them right now
roll.gif

laugh.gif
They didn't say it cable access...you mean national T.V. Yeah, from the 2 vids, one dude killed it bad for SoCal, he was breaking almost non stop. SS did come off pretty cocky on MTV, while Jabba came off confident, but still was humble about it.
The show hasn't "officially" started yet, and I already hate Supreme Soul. If they are so much better than Jabba, why didn't they compete in the first season?

And yes again to whoever mentioned that NONE of these season 2 crews are better than Jabba. Jabba kinda ruined the rest of the seasons by setting the bar so high

laugh.gif
Word. There was one particular guy on SS that pissed me off. Looking into the TV, he was the dude to the right hand side, I think he's the Flipwho got a mini mohawk going on or something like that. Dude kept waving his arms from side to side.

For Halloween, I'm going to dress up as a Jabba Wockee and go door to door to break dance on floor mats for candy.
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by wj4

roll.gif

laugh.gif
So Slickening wrote:
Fusion, Body Rock, Prelude, Vibe, etc. >>>>>>>>>>>> ABDC.

The show hasn't "officially" started yet, and I already hate Supreme Soul. If they are so much better than Jabba, why didn't they compete in the first season?

And yes again to whoever mentioned that NONE of these season 2 crews are better than Jabba. Jabba kinda ruined the rest of the seasons by setting the bar so high

Freestyle Session, IBE, Battle of The Year>>>>>>>>Fusion, Body Rock, Prelude, Vibe, etc.>>>>>>>>>>>> ABDC.
Being robbed happens all the time. But, TM did well this year considering they took Vibe for the pasttwo years.

Also in terms of Jabba setting the standard, that should give a push to all dance crews to set the bar higher, otherwise how are folks going to get better?

Originally Posted by TrueshotAura

so the same groups do the same thing again? or are the banned? or are the first winners not the best in america anymore? Nvm this is stupid now and imo it's an insult to the people who worked extremely hard the first time to win.

No. The winner of the second season will be just that..."Best dance team for 2008", while Jabba will always be "Best dance team for2007".

If this show can last for 4-6 seasons...it would be sick to go out with a bang with the battle of the best of the best. Instead of picking new teams, youbring back the top team of each season to compete.

Originally Posted by wj4

Originally Posted by wj4

roll.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Word. There was one particular guy on SS that pissed me off. Looking into the TV, he was the dude to the right hand side, I think he's the Flip who got a mini mohawk going on or something like that. Dude kept waving his arms from side to side.

For Halloween, I'm going to dress up as a Jabba Wockee and go door to door to break dance on floor mats for candy.
smokin.gif

haha. I used to see that guy at b-boy sessions at my school a couple of semesters ago. he's a coo guy. I think he dj's at a club in San Franciscofrom time to time.
was there a member of jabba missing during their performance?

I have a question for the dance enthusiasts. What is there to ultimately accomplish? Being a back up dance team for a RnB singer? Or? Who pays to see thesepeople dance?

I have a question for the dance enthusiasts. What is there to ultimately accomplish? Being a back up dance team for a RnB singer? Or? Who pays to see these people dance?

Hopefully to become a successful choreographer and open a studio? I think they enter these dance competitions just for fun and bragging rights 'cause Isee the top winner is only several thousand dollars. If anything, just like other hobbies, they probably lose money with buying new wardrobe and such.
Even on ABDC, the top team gets $100,000...let's say you got 5 in the team...that's $20,000 each...not exactly enough to allow you to take therest of the year off. I wonder how much Jabba made from everything branched off ABDC..their apparel, DVD, gigs they got because of the show, co-hosting thatdancing show with Shane, etc.

I have a question for the dance enthusiasts. What is there to ultimately accomplish? Being a back up dance team for a RnB singer? Or? Who pays to see these people dance?

it's an art. a lot of them are directors for dance classes that do pay pretty well (esp. if you are well-known). before ABDC, guys from jabba or otherwell known crews get paid to travel around and teach.

or some of them do go to back up for singers like on tours or videos. like ben chung of jabba did a few vids. i know a dude who's a backup dancer foromarion on his last tour.

basically it's an art. they enjoy what they do.

I've been teaching for so long and to tell the truth i havent been paid a single dollar to teach. i actually volunteer to teach people choreographeddances at my local community center. i could really care less about the money but if the money comes by im takin it though lol. To me Dancing is just anotherway to express yourself. and its fun. and plus, how else am i supposed to get the ladies?
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by wj4

Hopefully to become a successful choreographer and open a studio? I think they enter these dance competitions just for fun and bragging rights 'cause I see the top winner is only several thousand dollars. If anything, just like other hobbies, they probably lose money with buying new wardrobe and such.
Even on ABDC, the top team gets $100,000...let's say you got 5 in the team...that's $20,000 each...not exactly enough to allow you to take the rest of the year off. I wonder how much Jabba made from everything branched off ABDC..their apparel, DVD, gigs they got because of the show, co-hosting that dancing show with Shane, etc.
I'm kind of curious myself too. They have to be making some decent cash. I'm thinking the profit from the clothing has to be shared withArmory. Anything that's MTV related might be just part of the contract that they won along with the $100,000, which could mean no additional revenue forthem on that. And with the $100,000 that Jabba won, the 6 members shared some of that money with the other Jabba members that weren't part of the show. Iwonder if Shmack and Tribal Gear paid them a little something for wearing their clothing. Hm...

Originally Posted by Los Benjaminz

Man I hate that show.

Who cares if you can dance?
dancing is not that sick

how's doing nothing with your life going for you?
laugh.gif

Battle of the Year, Freestyle Session, Best of the Best (Hank Lopez!!), Mighty 4, World War (1990's events), Radiotron >>>>>>> ABDC

Not sure about Schmack and Tribal Gear, but Rainen was already down with the Tribal Clique, a group of people who are sponsored by Tribal and always rock theirgear at events. They also sponsored the Jabbawockeez in the past, lacing them w/ gear, even before ABDC.

Most of the guys were already doing their own thing before winning ABDC, in fact, the guys were able to do a few workshops and performances overseas in Europebecause of what they do. Rainen and Cris were already in the industry doing work for film, music videos, tv commercials, and others as dancers.

Originally Posted by bboyrealm

Battle of the Year, Freestyle Session, Best of the Best (Hank Lopez!!), Mighty 4, World War (1990's events), Radiotron >>>>>>> ABDC

Not sure about Schmack and Tribal Gear, but Rainen was already down with the Tribal Clique, a group of people who are sponsored by Tribal and always rock their gear at events. They also sponsored the Jabbawockeez in the past, lacing them w/ gear, even before ABDC.

Most of the guys were already doing their own thing before winning ABDC, in fact, the guys were able to do a few workshops and performances overseas in Europe because of what they do. Rainen and Cris were already in the industry doing work for film, music videos, tv commercials, and others as dancers.
I know that much. I think most if them do solo workshops. Even Randy Bernal did some choreography for a Pepsi commercial and dances with theGroovaloos.

laugh.gif
Word. There was one particular guy on SS that pissed me off. Looking into the TV, he was the dude to the right hand side, I think he's the Flip who got a mini mohawk going on or something like that. Dude kept waving his arms from side to side.
man 'ol boy is hilarious, what you talking about
laugh.gif

and now that you think about it, based on the west coast, TM had to get eliminated..there are just too many similarities with some of the other crews..not tomention alot of them are very detail-oriented this year..those cats in fanny pack had detail, but they had their own style so they had to get on the show.

if it were up to me though, this region nonsense is a no go, whichever crews were superior should have made it no matter what region..if it's 4 from thewest coast an 1 from the east, so be it.

Originally Posted by xcg11pinoYx

if it were up to me though, this region nonsense is a no go, whichever crews were superior should have made it no matter what region..if it's 4 from the west coast an 1 from the east, so be it.

word, randy jackson trying to bring east coast vs west coast beef back into fashion.

Can't forget about the Groovaloos! I think their show started this past week. Lots of cats were also members or still are members of the Groovaloos!!!

Either way, the Jabbas are living the b-boy dream! Hahahaha!!!

im watchin the repeat right now on mtv
did yall see those guys from atlanta
roll.gif
roll.gif

so real wrecked it wit the slo jam

DMV so i gotta rep the boogie bots crew
but Supreme Soul is dope too. so ill be checking in on both of them

wait....

so.... my dude ronnie is gonna be on the show w/ supercrew? this is finna get interesting.

Back
Top Bottom