America's Best Dance Crew Season 2 Thread

I thinks its b.s that super crew got on...I mean they're excellent breakers but I dunno about their dancing...team millenia did a better job imo

This fanny pack crew was awesome I was caught off guard and figured those hipsters stood no chance...

The boy band crew from naperville is a dark horse candidate..those dude can dance really well and throw in diff styles..

SS...Its look like that crew that battled jabbawockeez will go far.

Some of yall here act as if jabbawockeez are the best dance crew of all time. There r plenty of other talent out there, yall just havent been exposed to themyet.

^^ jazreel: word, homie.

i just blazed through the show, word to mtv overdrive...i didnt really see anything that impressed me, other than super crew and supreme sole. jabba at the endwas cool too, them dudes are sick w/ the isos.

the thing that gets me... is when cats (like ol boy from nsync) say ... "how do you think you will adapt to other dance styles?" .... it pisses meoff. for starters... bboying incorporates and is influenced by so many other types of dance, its kind of stupid to even ask that question. moreso... i think,if you can dance, you can dance.. regardless of "style". its like asking a guitar player that normally places rock, if they can play country. imean... are the strings different for each genre or something?

i think dude from SC answered the question perfectly.... "we can do what they do, but they can't learn what we can do in a week"

its true. 90% of those groups arent what i consider people that can dance. they are people that can learn choreography. the end of each show is a perfectexample.... a bunch of people just waving their hands and bodyrockin ... no one is puttin it down, cept for the b-boys.

im obviously biased... but im still heated from last season. a bunch of cats that could do routines, but couldnt dance if you put them on the floor bythemself. status quo was garbage. so was the group w/ all females, i cant remember their name, but they beat the crew out of ATL. them folks put it down w/their vampire routine... just to get beat by some @*%$#@% jumping over fences and doing fist pumps.

thats dancing? word...?

im glad MTV holds it down w/ the web presence... id probably never watch this show if i couldnt just skim through it on the laptop. props to MTV.

Originally Posted by 216TIME216

SupremeSoul = this year's jabba...

So Real Crew = this years's kaba modern those chicks are
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by bboyrealm

Battle of the Year, Freestyle Session, Best of the Best (Hank Lopez!!), Mighty 4, World War (1990's events), Radiotron >>>>>>> ABDC

Not sure about Schmack and Tribal Gear, but Rainen was already down with the Tribal Clique, a group of people who are sponsored by Tribal and always rock their gear at events. They also sponsored the Jabbawockeez in the past, lacing them w/ gear, even before ABDC.

Most of the guys were already doing their own thing before winning ABDC, in fact, the guys were able to do a few workshops and performances overseas in Europe because of what they do. Rainen and Cris were already in the industry doing work for film, music videos, tv commercials, and others as dancers.

Thank you for adding Best of The Best and World War.
Totally forgot about that, but yeah a lot of people aren't are of it, so glad a fair amount of Bboys and OG Choreo dancers, knows wassup.
Joe Galvan:

i just blazed through the show, word to mtv overdrive...i didnt really see anything that impressed me, other than super crew and supreme sole. jabba at the end was cool too, them dudes are sick w/ the isos.

the thing that gets me... is when cats (like ol boy from nsync) say ... "how do you think you will adapt to other dance styles?" .... it pisses me off. for starters... bboying incorporates and is influenced by so many other types of dance, its kind of stupid to even ask that question. moreso... i think, if you can dance, you can dance.. regardless of "style". its like asking a guitar player that normally places rock, if they can play country. i mean... are the strings different for each genre or something?

i think dude from SC answered the question perfectly.... "we can do what they do, but they can't learn what we can do in a week"

its true. 90% of those groups arent what i consider people that can dance. they are people that can learn choreography. the end of each show is a perfect example.... a bunch of people just waving their hands and bodyrockin ... no one is puttin it down, cept for the b-boys.

im obviously biased... but im still heated from last season. a bunch of cats that could do routines, but couldnt dance if you put them on the floor by themself. status quo was garbage. so was the group w/ all females, i cant remember their name, but they beat the crew out of ATL. them folks put it down w/ their vampire routine... just to get beat by some @*%$#@% jumping over fences and doing fist pumps.

thats dancing? word...?

Thank you, somebody had to say it. I give props to all kinds of dancers, holding it down in the industry. But one thing that's been nagging me on the backof my mind for the longest time is how I've met a lot a fair amount of choreo dancers in my time showing no love to Bboys and what we can do. Also keep inmind a lot of these movies: YOU GOT SERVED, STEP UP AND STEP UP 2, were the reasons why it opened up doors for both choreo dancers and Bboys to set a higherstandard in the entertainment industry. I mean in fact, it may sound reaching to some choreo heads but without the aspects of Bboying, Popping, and Locking(the original dancers who attributed to the hip hop genres of dancing), there wouldn't be as many dynamic moves for choreo people to learn. It's thatsimple, Bboys can learn choreo as well as choreo folks. But when it comes down to an actual battle, not everyone in the choreo group can actually "step itup, and serve someone on the spot" that's why you need folks like Naytron and Ronnie
tired.gif
to back you up when it came to stuff like Body Rock and etc.

Originally Posted by JoeGalvan

i just blazed through the show, word to mtv overdrive...i didnt really see anything that impressed me, other than super crew and supreme sole. jabba at the end was cool too, them dudes are sick w/ the isos.

the thing that gets me... is when cats (like ol boy from nsync) say ... "how do you think you will adapt to other dance styles?" .... it pisses me off. for starters... bboying incorporates and is influenced by so many other types of dance, its kind of stupid to even ask that question. moreso... i think, if you can dance, you can dance.. regardless of "style". its like asking a guitar player that normally places rock, if they can play country. i mean... are the strings different for each genre or something?

its true. 90% of those groups arent what i consider people that can dance. they are people that can learn choreography. the end of each show is a perfect example.... a bunch of people just waving their hands and bodyrockin ... no one is puttin it down, cept for the b-boys.

im obviously biased... but im still heated from last season. a bunch of cats that could do routines, but couldnt dance if you put them on the floor by themself. status quo was garbage. so was the group w/ all females, i cant remember their name, but they beat the crew out of ATL. them folks put it down w/ their vampire routine... just to get beat by some @*%$#@% jumping over fences and doing fist pumps.

thats dancing? word...?

im glad MTV holds it down w/ the web presence... id probably never watch this show if i couldnt just skim through it on the laptop. props to MTV.

�cosign
alot of groups like this cheer leading looking squad are just gimmicks. they need to be in numbers to look good for an audience. while a bboy can rockthe floor all by himself or with his crew with him.

team millenia should have made it though. just as SS is to Jabba, TM is to Kabba.

i still think this is one of the sickest dudes ive ever seen:

supreme soul ftw! my sister use to go out with bionic back when he was in rock force! hahaha

and to dudes asking about jabba's contract...

i heard they are under randy jackson's management now, and they collect up to $20K for a 6-8 minute performance.

Originally Posted by tee eye ehm

supreme soul ftw! my sister use to go out with bionic back when he was in rock force! hahaha

and to dudes asking about jabba's contract...

i heard they are under randy jackson's management now, and they collect up to $20K for a 6-8 minute performance.

I'd be kinda iffy knowing that some guy is doing bboy moves on my sister when they're sexing it.

About Jabba, I wouldn't be surprised. They performed at the half time show for Lakers in the semi conference or conference finals, I forget.

Wasn't the prize for season 1 $100,000 and a one year contract? Are there any restrictions for being in that contract? Such as where and when they canperform? I wonder if the contract applies only to the six on the show or the whole crew? Also, are their DJs under the contract as well? I give them big propsfor doing a show strictly live as their DJs, the Fingerbangerz, flip the script on their beats.

Originally Posted by IamSoySauce3

Anyone know why Rynan didn't perform with Jabba on the live audition show?

Maybe dude was sick?
laugh.gif
Was he on the show afterwards with Shane when he broke down dancing vids?
http://jabbawockeez.com/

Damn, they got a high budget site now. Peep the Photos section and
eek.gif
atthe line outside Armory.

pimp.gif
Soreal Cru is reppin Houston, Texas well.

My sister-in law knows them.
laugh.gif
At some of you guys beastin on them girls, I know a couple of their myspaces.
laugh.gif

^^ I went to highschool with Ailyn and her brother. Other than known to be cheapstakes...i guess she can dance.. big ups to her, but her bro(not on the show),your a scum. He tried to rob my prom group for our cash.

Originally Posted by IamSoySauce3

Anyone know why Rynan didn't perform with Jabba on the live audition show?

frown.gif
sadly....

But that deaf guy is pretty dope. I hope he goes far. That's some Beethoven type steez.

The West always amaze me. I think the winner will be from the West Coast. Too bad Team Millennia got sent home by Fanny Packs. =/

My two favorites are Supreme Soul & Super Crew. Leaning towards SS 'cause their style is similar to Jabba.

Originally Posted by bboyrealm

Wasn't the prize for season 1 $100,000 and a one year contract? Are there any restrictions for being in that contract? Such as where and when they can perform? I wonder if the contract applies only to the six on the show or the whole crew? Also, are their DJs under the contract as well? I give them big props for doing a show strictly live as their DJs, the Fingerbangerz, flip the script on their beats.

i know a couple of the ones that weren't on the show replaced some members who couldn't make on the e-40 show back in may. it's up onyoutube

Back
Top Bottom