Anybody living comfortably right now?

I mean I'm only 19 and a full-time student but I'm living comfortably and am extremely grateful for everything that I have. I started working when I was 15 and have put around 60% of every paycheck I've ever gotten into savings and 50% of every check I've ever gotten for birthdays, holidays, etc. I was blessed to have parents who have been wise enough about their financials to be able to pay for my schooling and rent which allowed me to save enough money to buy my car in straight cash, take care of my phone bill, go grocery shopping, buy way too many pairs of shoes, not be stressed by being unemployed during the school year, and still have over $6K in savings (not including inheritance from grandmother and other savings vessels that I have including mutual funds, stock, etc.). Over the summer though I was working for a Fortune 500 company though that was paying me what would have worked out to over a $40K salary had I stayed for the whole year so to say I was living comfortably over the summer is an understatement.

I mean I'm only 19 and a full-time student but I'm living comfortably and am extremely grateful for everything that I have. I started working when I was 15 and have put around 60% of every paycheck I've ever gotten into savings and 50% of every check I've ever gotten for birthdays, holidays, etc. I was blessed to have parents who have been wise enough about their financials to be able to pay for my schooling and rent which allowed me to save enough money to buy my car in straight cash, take care of my phone bill, go grocery shopping, buy way too many pairs of shoes, not be stressed by being unemployed during the school year, and still have over $6K in savings (not including inheritance from grandmother and other savings vessels that I have including mutual funds, stock, etc.). Over the summer though I was working for a Fortune 500 company though that was paying me what would have worked out to over a $40K salary had I stayed for the whole year so to say I was living comfortably over the summer is an understatement.

Comfortable is not a word I like to use.

It's a word I've heard used to describe someone who is, in fact, stagnant.

Life is great. And I'm still not comfortable with that.

Comfortable is not a word I like to use.

It's a word I've heard used to describe someone who is, in fact, stagnant.

Life is great. And I'm still not comfortable with that.

I live comfortable.  But 100 percent of my credit goes to my parents.  But I'm going to pull my own weight soon.  I graduated and I passed my boards 
pimp.gif

I live comfortable.  But 100 percent of my credit goes to my parents.  But I'm going to pull my own weight soon.  I graduated and I passed my boards 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by TimCity2000

i'd say i'm living fairly comfortably.

have a decent job, a house (which i need to refinance), a 401(k), and (most importantly) no debt.

Wait, you have no debt but you're going to refinance? So you're going to take on debt then? Or are you saying you have no debt besides your mortgage?

have a decent job, a house (which i need to refinance), a 401(k), and (most importantly) no debt.

Wait, you have no debt but you're going to refinance? So you're going to take on debt then? Or are you saying you have no debt besides your mortgage?

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

what I was thinking. Mortgage is debt. I have a mortgage and want to refi just cause I don't think I'll be leaving anytime soon and spending a couple thousand to drop a point off the a.p.r is worth it to me. Maybe he's doing the same?
I have a job, house, car, family, girl...I'm comfortable but only after adjusting quite a bit
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

what I was thinking. Mortgage is debt. I have a mortgage and want to refi just cause I don't think I'll be leaving anytime soon and spending a couple thousand to drop a point off the a.p.r is worth it to me. Maybe he's doing the same?
I have a job, house, car, family, girl...I'm comfortable but only after adjusting quite a bit
laugh.gif

Yeah if you have a timeline in mind and do a break-even analysis then yeah a point or two can save a grip depending on the fees.

Back
Top Bottom