Anybody living comfortably right now?

Doing perfect for all that's going on.

Switched firms so now I'm not in SF but closer to home (8 min commute).

Copped a house
Selling the condo
Wife started a business this year

Couldn't be happier at the moment and our financial position reflects that

Doing perfect for all that's going on.

Switched firms so now I'm not in SF but closer to home (8 min commute).

Copped a house
Selling the condo
Wife started a business this year

Couldn't be happier at the moment and our financial position reflects that

Originally Posted by RFX45

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

Originally Posted by INshoeKid

when I hear about stuff like this, I almost wish I lived in a smaller town with a lower cost of living.  Several of my coworkers that used to work out of the main office moved out of state and were allowed to keep their jobs and work from home.  They got a double W since they still get paid at the same LA pay scales, even though their new home cities have much lower cost of living.  I always feel like I got the short end of the stick until I walk outside in shorts and a t-shirt, and realize I can do this 365 days a week.  boy do I love LA.  

I've thought about that too but living in LA to me is almost perfect. Good weather all year round, driving distance to almost anything you need/want, ie: beach, museum, mountains, amusement parks, snow (in the winter), etc... So even though it cost more to live in LA, I just can't see myself living elsewhere. 
i would rather pay more and live in a bigger city with more to offer than out in the boondocks with a bigger home and longer distance to travel to a decent gym etc.

when I hear about stuff like this, I almost wish I lived in a smaller town with a lower cost of living.  Several of my coworkers that used to work out of the main office moved out of state and were allowed to keep their jobs and work from home.  They got a double W since they still get paid at the same LA pay scales, even though their new home cities have much lower cost of living.  I always feel like I got the short end of the stick until I walk outside in shorts and a t-shirt, and realize I can do this 365 days a week.  boy do I love LA.  

I've thought about that too but living in LA to me is almost perfect. Good weather all year round, driving distance to almost anything you need/want, ie: beach, museum, mountains, amusement parks, snow (in the winter), etc... So even though it cost more to live in LA, I just can't see myself living elsewhere. 
i would rather pay more and live in a bigger city with more to offer than out in the boondocks with a bigger home and longer distance to travel to a decent gym etc.

Originally Posted by eight2one

no....and it kills me when I think of everywhere where I went wrong

How did you go wrong, and what would you have done differently?
Also, for what reason are you unable to correct the situational-path that you proverbially went off track?

Also, for what reason are you unable to correct the situational-path that you proverbially went off track?

Originally Posted by brettTHEjett

back a couple years ago, I didnt save any money, I spent like crazy with nothing to show for it.....thennnn I maxed out my credit lines...then I continued to not cut expense till I had...I was young n dumb....also messed up in school

Originally Posted by brettTHEjett

back a couple years ago, I didnt save any money, I spent like crazy with nothing to show for it.....thennnn I maxed out my credit lines...then I continued to not cut expense till I had...I was young n dumb....also messed up in school

Comfortable is a relative term, but I sleep well at night. For my age I make more than the average family income in my area, and my girl makes about the same. We are well into the 6 figures and live in Indiana which makes expendable income much easier, we have 4 cars and a Harley, 2 houses in Indiana, and a nice vacation home in Florida. I Don't get mad when my girl comes home with a bunch of new purses or the rolex she had to have last week.

We have chosen to live our lives to the fullest while we are young enough to enjoy it. We have 20K put away into a college fund already for a child that we still don't plan to have for another 2-3 years(when we are 30). Plan is to have 150K saved by 18 so college expenses wont be a burden. Both come from families that are business owners so we are pretty well set. I wake up every morning and thank god for everything I have been given over the years.

So far we have done it all on our own, both had scholarships to college so it was free. Both got good jobs out of college and work hard every week to be successful, but it is nice that we have a great family to fall back on so retirement will hopefully come early

Not many people understand this. People who live in CA complain about the cost of living here but fail to see the luxury in it. Anything you need is within driving distance, especially Las Vegas.

Comfortable is a relative term, but I sleep well at night. For my age I make more than the average family income in my area, and my girl makes about the same. We are well into the 6 figures and live in Indiana which makes expendable income much easier, we have 4 cars and a Harley, 2 houses in Indiana, and a nice vacation home in Florida. I Don't get mad when my girl comes home with a bunch of new purses or the rolex she had to have last week.

We have chosen to live our lives to the fullest while we are young enough to enjoy it. We have 20K put away into a college fund already for a child that we still don't plan to have for another 2-3 years(when we are 30). Plan is to have 150K saved by 18 so college expenses wont be a burden. Both come from families that are business owners so we are pretty well set. I wake up every morning and thank god for everything I have been given over the years.

So far we have done it all on our own, both had scholarships to college so it was free. Both got good jobs out of college and work hard every week to be successful, but it is nice that we have a great family to fall back on so retirement will hopefully come early

Not many people understand this. People who live in CA complain about the cost of living here but fail to see the luxury in it. Anything you need is within driving distance, especially Las Vegas.

Vegas is great, my friends and I used to get bored on a Friday night and decide to just drive to Vegas and go back the next day. Fun times.

Vegas is great, my friends and I used to get bored on a Friday night and decide to just drive to Vegas and go back the next day. Fun times.

Dont live in the past, dont make your past your present or future.

Make better decisions now and learn from your mistakes.

Dont live in the past, dont make your past your present or future.

Make better decisions now and learn from your mistakes.

Plan is to have 150K saved by 18 so college expenses wont be a burden.
you should probably adjust this number for inflation
laugh.gif

isn't the traffic in LA killer? other than that i can't hate on socal.

Back
Top Bottom