Anybody living comfortably right now?

Damn, thread definitely got derailed from the simple two words I posted. 
laugh.gif

I don't even know why people would think I am trying to get attention, especially from those two words.

Even in my posts, I only post in threads that has my shared interests, I don't go to every thread trying show off.

I admit, I am a single and that whats gives me more freedom to spend. In the end though, you have to get your priorities in check.

If I know I'd miss a payment on my car, insurance, mortgage, utilities, etc... or be buried in credit card debt because of my spending habits, I wouldn't do it.

Also, this is just my opinion, but $80k can give you a comfortable life but it would depend where you live. With a $80k salary, about 20%-25% of that will go to tax so really you only have about $60k-$65k. $2k on a house a month, $500-$600 on a car, then add in the utilites, insurance, food and gas, entertainment/going out/vacation, etc... Living in Los Angeles, even if you are single, $80k will not let you live in luxury. It can be comfortable but you wouldn't be able to splurge much and save at the same time. But that is if you are living in LA, I am sure it will probably cost more to live in NY. 

But seriously, lets move on. 
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

I don't even know why people would think I am trying to get attention, especially from those two words.

Even in my posts, I only post in threads that has my shared interests, I don't go to every thread trying show off.

I admit, I am a single and that whats gives me more freedom to spend. In the end though, you have to get your priorities in check.

If I know I'd miss a payment on my car, insurance, mortgage, utilities, etc... or be buried in credit card debt because of my spending habits, I wouldn't do it.

Also, this is just my opinion, but $80k can give you a comfortable life but it would depend where you live. With a $80k salary, about 20%-25% of that will go to tax so really you only have about $60k-$65k. $2k on a house a month, $500-$600 on a car, then add in the utilites, insurance, food and gas, entertainment/going out/vacation, etc... Living in Los Angeles, even if you are single, $80k will not let you live in luxury. It can be comfortable but you wouldn't be able to splurge much and save at the same time. But that is if you are living in LA, I am sure it will probably cost more to live in NY. 

laugh.gif

NT is beyond mentally handicapped.
You can "ball" out of your mind even on (net) 40k/year.  It all depends on your situation which dictates your expenses. 

NT is beyond mentally handicapped.
You can "ball" out of your mind even on (net) 40k/year.  It all depends on your situation which dictates your expenses. 

Originally Posted by Vancity74

Originally Posted by KayCurrency

Shut up...

No ones putting him on a pedestal, people are just wondering what the man does for a living to maintain the lifestyle he lives... its a natural thing called "curiosity"

....You see someone pull up in a Lamborghini and you don't recognize him from any sports teams or TV...the first thing you think is... "Damn, What does he do for a living???"

As far as the "Stuff" goes... theres nothing wrong with splurging on nice "stuff" if you have the disposable income to do so.... I doubt he buys this "stuff" to fill some type of lack of enjoyment in his life....He's just passionate about fashion and he has the ends to exploit this passion....

Shut up? You sound like a girl.

Everyone's putting him on a pedestal - FACT. You'll never see someone who's financially secure asking what another man does. Do you honestly think that when a plastic surgeon see's someone in an R8 or Bentley, the first thing they think of is what the driver does for a living? Nope.

The only time I think it's' appropriate to ask what someone does for a living is when you're trying to network.
Soooo,  you're telling me you've never wondered what a person does for a living based off the car that person drives?....

You're lying...
laugh.gif

If I posted my car collection and it contained all types a Ferraris, Lambo's Rolls Royces...etc etc etc.... There's no way in hell you wouldn't wonder how I obtained my finances...

Originally Posted by Vancity74

Originally Posted by KayCurrency

Shut up...

No ones putting him on a pedestal, people are just wondering what the man does for a living to maintain the lifestyle he lives... its a natural thing called "curiosity"

....You see someone pull up in a Lamborghini and you don't recognize him from any sports teams or TV...the first thing you think is... "Damn, What does he do for a living???"

As far as the "Stuff" goes... theres nothing wrong with splurging on nice "stuff" if you have the disposable income to do so.... I doubt he buys this "stuff" to fill some type of lack of enjoyment in his life....He's just passionate about fashion and he has the ends to exploit this passion....

Shut up? You sound like a girl.

Everyone's putting him on a pedestal - FACT. You'll never see someone who's financially secure asking what another man does. Do you honestly think that when a plastic surgeon see's someone in an R8 or Bentley, the first thing they think of is what the driver does for a living? Nope.

The only time I think it's' appropriate to ask what someone does for a living is when you're trying to network.
Soooo,  you're telling me you've never wondered what a person does for a living based off the car that person drives?....

You're lying...
laugh.gif

If I posted my car collection and it contained all types a Ferraris, Lambo's Rolls Royces...etc etc etc.... There's no way in hell you wouldn't wonder how I obtained my finances...

Originally Posted by RFX45

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
You're completely wrong on that. 
If you want real world examples, I can give 5 just off of my friends and I. We all live in NYC.  One can live mighty fine on ~ 80k being single. 

I don't know where this myth started that you need to be a billionaire to live nice in NYC (because we all know millionaires have it tough in NYC as well
laugh.gif
). NYC in aggregate is not that expensive. 

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
You're completely wrong on that. 
If you want real world examples, I can give 5 just off of my friends and I. We all live in NYC.  One can live mighty fine on ~ 80k being single. 

I don't know where this myth started that you need to be a billionaire to live nice in NYC (because we all know millionaires have it tough in NYC as well
laugh.gif
). NYC in aggregate is not that expensive. 

Well NYC is a guess, never been there but by NYC I meant actually in the city if that makes any difference. I guess you do save a lot of money if you don't own a house and do not have to drive, again this is probably the stereotypical NYC I am thinking of where everyone lived in a apartments w/ Kramer as their neighbor.
laugh.gif

Well NYC is a guess, never been there but by NYC I meant actually in the city if that makes any difference. I guess you do save a lot of money if you don't own a house and do not have to drive, again this is probably the stereotypical NYC I am thinking of where everyone lived in a apartments w/ Kramer as their neighbor.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

The stereotypical NYC in reality is folks making sub 35k trying to live the city life. A lot more of those than people would think in NYC. 

laugh.gif

The stereotypical NYC in reality is folks making sub 35k trying to live the city life. A lot more of those than people would think in NYC. 

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

laugh.gif

THIS
Totally my existence.  Me and the lady are pulling in around 70 for the both of us, and thankfully sharing a dwelling allows us to go out/buy decent things when we can. 

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

laugh.gif

THIS
Totally my existence.  Me and the lady are pulling in around 70 for the both of us, and thankfully sharing a dwelling allows us to go out/buy decent things when we can. 

Comfortable is a relative term, but I sleep well at night. For my age I make more than the average family income in my area, and my girl makes about the same. We are well into the 6 figures and live in Indiana which makes expendable income much easier, we have 4 cars and a Harley, 2 houses in Indiana, and a nice vacation home in Florida. I Don't get mad when my girl comes home with a bunch of new purses or the rolex she had to have last week.

We have chosen to live our lives to the fullest while we are young enough to enjoy it. We have 20K put away into a college fund already for a child that we still don't plan to have for another 2-3 years(when we are 30). Plan is to have 150K saved by 18 so college expenses wont be a burden. Both come from families that are business owners so we are pretty well set. I wake up every morning and thank god for everything I have been given over the years.

So far we have done it all on our own, both had scholarships to college so it was free. Both got good jobs out of college and work hard every week to be successful, but it is nice that we have a great family to fall back on so retirement will hopefully come early

Comfortable is a relative term, but I sleep well at night. For my age I make more than the average family income in my area, and my girl makes about the same. We are well into the 6 figures and live in Indiana which makes expendable income much easier, we have 4 cars and a Harley, 2 houses in Indiana, and a nice vacation home in Florida. I Don't get mad when my girl comes home with a bunch of new purses or the rolex she had to have last week.

We have chosen to live our lives to the fullest while we are young enough to enjoy it. We have 20K put away into a college fund already for a child that we still don't plan to have for another 2-3 years(when we are 30). Plan is to have 150K saved by 18 so college expenses wont be a burden. Both come from families that are business owners so we are pretty well set. I wake up every morning and thank god for everything I have been given over the years.

So far we have done it all on our own, both had scholarships to college so it was free. Both got good jobs out of college and work hard every week to be successful, but it is nice that we have a great family to fall back on so retirement will hopefully come early

Lulz at this thread derailment.

But seriously, how hard is it to tell people what you do for a living? That is so simple to me. I no gets it.

Back
Top Bottom