Anybody living comfortably right now?

Lulz at this thread derailment.

But seriously, how hard is it to tell people what you do for a living? That is so simple to me. I no gets it.

Originally Posted by kicksnmusic

living (relatively) comfortably, definitely in a "good situation", hopefully things pop off with my "dream job". Not gone tell ya'll what I do, yet.

As for this RFX hoopla, here's some math:

spend 2k a month on high end stuff =24k a year

bills, all other expenses in a major city = 30-40k on the extreme side.

thats roughly 60k a year, then add in 10-20k a year in savings that's roughly 80k.

I can google you guys over a dozen jobs that earn 80k starting or within 2-3 years.

So to answer what RFX does: He has a solid job that he earned from (likely) attending college and then finding a job where he worked hard to rise up in the ranks. It really is as simple as "doing it". Only thing is, you gotta start.

PS: you're welcome

you forgetting Uncle Sam. To NET 80K, you'll have to be making around $115K+.

living (relatively) comfortably, definitely in a "good situation", hopefully things pop off with my "dream job". Not gone tell ya'll what I do, yet.

thats roughly 60k a year, then add in 10-20k a year in savings that's roughly 80k.

I can google you guys over a dozen jobs that earn 80k starting or within 2-3 years.

So to answer what RFX does: He has a solid job that he earned from (likely) attending college and then finding a job where he worked hard to rise up in the ranks. It really is as simple as "doing it". Only thing is, you gotta start.

Originally Posted by INshoeKid

Comfortable is a relative term, but I sleep well at night. For my age I make more than the average family income in my area, and my girl makes about the same. We are well into the 6 figures and live in Indiana which makes expendable income much easier, we have 4 cars and a Harley, 2 houses in Indiana, and a nice vacation home in Florida. I Don't get mad when my girl comes home with a bunch of new purses or the rolex she had to have last week.

We have chosen to live our lives to the fullest while we are young enough to enjoy it. We have 20K put away into a college fund already for a child that we still don't plan to have for another 2-3 years(when we are 30). Plan is to have 150K saved by 18 so college expenses wont be a burden. Both come from families that are business owners so we are pretty well set. I wake up every morning and thank god for everything I have been given over the years.

So far we have done it all on our own, both had scholarships to college so it was free. Both got good jobs out of college and work hard every week to be successful, but it is nice that we have a great family to fall back on so retirement will hopefully come early

when I hear about stuff like this, I almost wish I lived in a smaller town with a lower cost of living.  Several of my coworkers that used to work out of the main office moved out of state and were allowed to keep their jobs and work from home.  They got a double W since they still get paid at the same LA pay scales, even though their new home cities have much lower cost of living.  I always feel like I got the short end of the stick until I walk outside in shorts and a t-shirt, and realize I can do this 365 days a week.  boy do I love LA.  

Comfortable is a relative term, but I sleep well at night. For my age I make more than the average family income in my area, and my girl makes about the same. We are well into the 6 figures and live in Indiana which makes expendable income much easier, we have 4 cars and a Harley, 2 houses in Indiana, and a nice vacation home in Florida. I Don't get mad when my girl comes home with a bunch of new purses or the rolex she had to have last week.

We have chosen to live our lives to the fullest while we are young enough to enjoy it. We have 20K put away into a college fund already for a child that we still don't plan to have for another 2-3 years(when we are 30). Plan is to have 150K saved by 18 so college expenses wont be a burden. Both come from families that are business owners so we are pretty well set. I wake up every morning and thank god for everything I have been given over the years.

So far we have done it all on our own, both had scholarships to college so it was free. Both got good jobs out of college and work hard every week to be successful, but it is nice that we have a great family to fall back on so retirement will hopefully come early

when I hear about stuff like this, I almost wish I lived in a smaller town with a lower cost of living.  Several of my coworkers that used to work out of the main office moved out of state and were allowed to keep their jobs and work from home.  They got a double W since they still get paid at the same LA pay scales, even though their new home cities have much lower cost of living.  I always feel like I got the short end of the stick until I walk outside in shorts and a t-shirt, and realize I can do this 365 days a week.  boy do I love LA.  

laugh.gif
at this whole thread. I think RFX mentioned the field he works in once. That was a very long time ago in the investing your money thread. I might be wrong so I won't even get into it. It's not polite asking people how much they make and nothing is wrong with asking someone their profession, but forcing the issue is impolite. Also what does it even matter, it's not like you are going to meet this person or know them on personal level.

Also you can live in NYC 40k, 50k, 60k, a million it just depends on how you want live your life. You have people living with a family working in restaurants, driving a cab, running a deli, selling hot dogs  and you got people working in big firms, media, advertising, hedge funds and so on.  Whether they are comfortable with their lives is a different story.

As for me yeah I'm comfortable, but I wouldn't mind doing better.

laugh.gif
at this whole thread. I think RFX mentioned the field he works in once. That was a very long time ago in the investing your money thread. I might be wrong so I won't even get into it. It's not polite asking people how much they make and nothing is wrong with asking someone their profession, but forcing the issue is impolite. Also what does it even matter, it's not like you are going to meet this person or know them on personal level.

Also you can live in NYC 40k, 50k, 60k, a million it just depends on how you want live your life. You have people living with a family working in restaurants, driving a cab, running a deli, selling hot dogs  and you got people working in big firms, media, advertising, hedge funds and so on.  Whether they are comfortable with their lives is a different story.

As for me yeah I'm comfortable, but I wouldn't mind doing better.

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

Originally Posted by RFX45

Originally Posted by sladewilson

RFX is an old man ?
I am?
[camron]we got dirt on you doggy[/camron]

laugh.gif
 What is considered old on NT? I'm in my twenties if it helps.
The "45" on RFX45 isn't my birth year in case anyone is wondering. 
roll.gif

RFX is an old man ?
I am?

laugh.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by PoeticJays

hahahaa thats why i said he must be in the military.

i have this discussion with my boy all the time.  he is full time Army National Guard as a desk jockey and his take home is around $6,000-6,500/mo as an E-6.  I believe they only get taxed on their rank pay, so its difficult for him to understand that approx $75,000 NET = 6 figure job in the private sector.

Originally Posted by PoeticJays

hahahaa thats why i said he must be in the military.

i have this discussion with my boy all the time.  he is full time Army National Guard as a desk jockey and his take home is around $6,000-6,500/mo as an E-6.  I believe they only get taxed on their rank pay, so its difficult for him to understand that approx $75,000 NET = 6 figure job in the private sector.

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

I've thought about that too but living in LA to me is almost perfect. Good weather all year round, driving distance to almost anything you need/want, ie: beach, museum, mountains, amusement parks, snow (in the winter), etc... So even though it cost more to live in LA, I just can't see myself living elsewhere. 

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

I've thought about that too but living in LA to me is almost perfect. Good weather all year round, driving distance to almost anything you need/want, ie: beach, museum, mountains, amusement parks, snow (in the winter), etc... So even though it cost more to live in LA, I just can't see myself living elsewhere. 

RFX is an old man ?
I am?

laugh.gif
roll.gif
Man everytime you post you end up pissing people off by not just saying what you do...then he drops this bomb... "Yeah, I was born in the 80s..."
30t6p3b.gif

roll.gif

RFX is an old man ?
I am?

laugh.gif
roll.gif
Man everytime you post you end up pissing people off by not just saying what you do...then he drops this bomb... "Yeah, I was born in the 80s..."
30t6p3b.gif

roll.gif

it is cheaper to live here, but Indy is the 10 largest city in the country and isn't cheap to live in if u want to really live it up. I lived in Chicago for about 2 years after college and then moved back to Indiana when the opportunity came across. My girl is from Louisville and came with me through the moves for the last 5 years.

There are ups and downs to any place. My HOA fees at our vacation house is almost more expensive that 2 house payments in Indiana. But we have a killer place just outside of Naples in a gated community.

I like the big city life and plan to buy a place in Chicago soon, so we can go chill on the weekends without spending 200-300 a night on a hotel room. But its all in good time...just shipped my vette off to ecs for a big blower setup and my srt8 300 sucks in the winter. So new truck is next on the list of purchases.

it is cheaper to live here, but Indy is the 10 largest city in the country and isn't cheap to live in if u want to really live it up. I lived in Chicago for about 2 years after college and then moved back to Indiana when the opportunity came across. My girl is from Louisville and came with me through the moves for the last 5 years.

There are ups and downs to any place. My HOA fees at our vacation house is almost more expensive that 2 house payments in Indiana. But we have a killer place just outside of Naples in a gated community.

I like the big city life and plan to buy a place in Chicago soon, so we can go chill on the weekends without spending 200-300 a night on a hotel room. But its all in good time...just shipped my vette off to ecs for a big blower setup and my srt8 300 sucks in the winter. So new truck is next on the list of purchases.

Back
Top Bottom