Anyone dated a sorority girl before?

It's gonna suck because they usually have weekly parties with other frats that you will NOT be invited to.

So hopefully you're comfortable with your girl being drunk around a ton of fratboys.
laugh.gif

It's gonna suck because they usually have weekly parties with other frats that you will NOT be invited to.

So hopefully you're comfortable with your girl being drunk around a ton of fratboys.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by kickstart

Originally Posted by KingZarus1

what sororities are yall talking about?? lol , my girl is in a sorority (Alpha Kappa Alpha) and im in a fraternity (Omega Psi Phi).. never any problems. you don't HAVE to go to anything you don't want to. u don't sign contracts that say to "go to every event related to the organization".

Don't listen to these cats, deal with who u wanna deal with... if she is who u think she is, then u don't have a prob. a sorority will not change that..

I think this thread would be better if the OP asked for opinions from non greeks dating greeks. If you're greek I don't think ya'll see the "problems". 
laugh.gif
This.

and this:

laugh.gif

The dudes aren't going to want you around because you didn't pay for the party (via dues) and some may have ulterior motives. Same goes with fraternity brothers dating girls who are GDI's. They just have to sit out this one.

Just because she's in a sorority doesn't mean she's a skeezer. You wouldn't believe how many cute girls with letters haven't been smutted out.

Originally Posted by kickstart

what sororities are yall talking about?? lol , my girl is in a sorority (Alpha Kappa Alpha) and im in a fraternity (Omega Psi Phi).. never any problems. you don't HAVE to go to anything you don't want to. u don't sign contracts that say to "go to every event related to the organization".

Don't listen to these cats, deal with who u wanna deal with... if she is who u think she is, then u don't have a prob. a sorority will not change that..

I think this thread would be better if the OP asked for opinions from non greeks dating greeks. If you're greek I don't think ya'll see the "problems". 
laugh.gif
This.

and this:

laugh.gif

The dudes aren't going to want you around because you didn't pay for the party (via dues) and some may have ulterior motives. Same goes with fraternity brothers dating girls who are GDI's. They just have to sit out this one.

Just because she's in a sorority doesn't mean she's a skeezer. You wouldn't believe how many cute girls with letters haven't been smutted out.

Not sure what difference any of this makes.

Dated:
Alpha Chi Omega
Zeta Tau Alpha
Chi Omega
Alpha Delta Pi

Married:  Kappa Kappa Gamma

Dated:
Alpha Chi Omega
Zeta Tau Alpha
Chi Omega
Alpha Delta Pi

Originally Posted by CWK

Dated:
Alpha Chi Omega
Zeta Tau Alpha
Chi Omega
Alpha Delta Pi

You must of been in a fraternity?

Originally Posted by CWK

Dated:
Alpha Chi Omega
Zeta Tau Alpha
Chi Omega
Alpha Delta Pi

You must of been in a fraternity?

There are some broad generalizations in this thread. Sorority girls arent that much different than regular college girls. Whether it be a sorority or a job or an internship or student government college chicks, at least the self motivated ones, always have something going on. If you think shes cool shes cool, roll with it. As for her events, date dashes or date parties whatever you call it there, have her hook some of your friends up with dates. That way you can get drunk with your boys while the girls do their sisterhood thing. Some of the best nights of my life were ones were a bunch of my close friends all went to some sorority event and just got wild. If it matters I was in the largest pac 10 college at a big school. I think a lot of people here are utilizing stereotypes or brief encounters with "typical" sorority girls.

There are some broad generalizations in this thread. Sorority girls arent that much different than regular college girls. Whether it be a sorority or a job or an internship or student government college chicks, at least the self motivated ones, always have something going on. If you think shes cool shes cool, roll with it. As for her events, date dashes or date parties whatever you call it there, have her hook some of your friends up with dates. That way you can get drunk with your boys while the girls do their sisterhood thing. Some of the best nights of my life were ones were a bunch of my close friends all went to some sorority event and just got wild. If it matters I was in the largest pac 10 college at a big school. I think a lot of people here are utilizing stereotypes or brief encounters with "typical" sorority girls.

pimp.gif

pimp.gif

OP I've been with my girl 6 years (before, during, and after college) and this is what I learned:

-You will spend less time together (not a bad thing), this depends on how "into it" she is. Does she go to EVERY single event, participate in all the philanthropies?
-Get more trust, they have exchanges with frats which means she will be around guys at these things (depends on if you're a jelly dude or not)
-You will have a lot of fun at these things usually
-You will see some fine #*% girls that are drunk (tons of upskirt)

I wouldn't say it messed our relationship up but it definitely strained it, we used to be together ALOT during high school so once college hit I wasn't really used to it. It really didn't help that she went to the University in town and I was in a juco (I transferred there after a year which made it easier)

OP I've been with my girl 6 years (before, during, and after college) and this is what I learned:

-You will spend less time together (not a bad thing), this depends on how "into it" she is. Does she go to EVERY single event, participate in all the philanthropies?
-Get more trust, they have exchanges with frats which means she will be around guys at these things (depends on if you're a jelly dude or not)
-You will have a lot of fun at these things usually
-You will see some fine #*% girls that are drunk (tons of upskirt)

I wouldn't say it messed our relationship up but it definitely strained it, we used to be together ALOT during high school so once college hit I wasn't really used to it. It really didn't help that she went to the University in town and I was in a juco (I transferred there after a year which made it easier)

ehh, greek life to me is wack to me. formals are fun, but I can't rock with frats, guys try way to hard and sororities...so much drama and for the most part they only want to be attached to frat guys.

ehh, greek life to me is wack to me. formals are fun, but I can't rock with frats, guys try way to hard and sororities...so much drama and for the most part they only want to be attached to frat guys.

Just make sure she's cool. Some of the sorority girls I know of are straight up groupies. That's just my opinion, though.

Just make sure she's cool. Some of the sorority girls I know of are straight up groupies. That's just my opinion, though.

My current girl was/is in a sorority. We've been dating for 3 years now. I guess I'm one of the lucky guys who's girl didn't go through some dramatic
character change from not being in a soroity to being in one. I had noticed back in college that a lot of girls in sororities who were dating guys who
weren't in fraternities, ended up dumping that guy and dating one who was in one. Another thing I had always noticed, sororities/fraternities are supposed
to be groups where you "find yourself", but what I mostly saw was as soon as you joined one, you eventually just lost who you were, and appeared
as if you came off an assembly line. Like, if you weren't wearing your greek colors, no one would know who you were.

My current girl was/is in a sorority. We've been dating for 3 years now. I guess I'm one of the lucky guys who's girl didn't go through some dramatic
character change from not being in a soroity to being in one. I had noticed back in college that a lot of girls in sororities who were dating guys who
weren't in fraternities, ended up dumping that guy and dating one who was in one. Another thing I had always noticed, sororities/fraternities are supposed
to be groups where you "find yourself", but what I mostly saw was as soon as you joined one, you eventually just lost who you were, and appeared
as if you came off an assembly line. Like, if you weren't wearing your greek colors, no one would know who you were.

Originally Posted by omgitswes

Originally Posted by Furrell

-Be prepared to be alone more than you'd like. Her obligations and responsibilities to her sorority are very time consuming.
-With you being a non-Greek, expect a lot of Greeks who wanted to hit trying to get at you for being with her.

Its going to be tough but if you can put up with the extras in the relationship, it could be worth it in the end.
This is the type of reply I was looking for, thanks man.

I'm actually okay with being alone, because I really need to start working towards this new major and finding a new co-op job.
Our school doesn't have a huge Greek population, and I'm cool with a few of them....not worried about them dudes anyway.

I personally have not dated a sorority girl, but have friends that were in sororities.  Even out of college they're still hooked into doing numerous events and !@!.
I remember they were always at some fundraiser or outing. 
No thanks.

Originally Posted by omgitswes

Originally Posted by Furrell

-Be prepared to be alone more than you'd like. Her obligations and responsibilities to her sorority are very time consuming.
-With you being a non-Greek, expect a lot of Greeks who wanted to hit trying to get at you for being with her.

Its going to be tough but if you can put up with the extras in the relationship, it could be worth it in the end.
This is the type of reply I was looking for, thanks man.

I'm actually okay with being alone, because I really need to start working towards this new major and finding a new co-op job.
Our school doesn't have a huge Greek population, and I'm cool with a few of them....not worried about them dudes anyway.

I personally have not dated a sorority girl, but have friends that were in sororities.  Even out of college they're still hooked into doing numerous events and !@!.
I remember they were always at some fundraiser or outing. 
No thanks.

Back
Top Bottom