Anyone have this pet peeve? People seasoning their foods before tasting...

Originally Posted by The Yes Guy

Right, everyone is wrong and you are right and we are insecure because some of us listen to what we want rather than simply going with how a chef prepared the food. If a chef doesn't know me, why would he know my taste buds? It's stupid to not augment something in a way that will make me like it more just because I didn't go to culinary school or something.

Word.

OP, relax.

Sure it's bad manners to season food at a banquet or corporate dinner before you even taste it, but If I'm ordering papa johns or something, bestbelieve the pizza is being dipped in garlic and seasoned with crushed peppers
pimp.gif

And yes, this thread is a classic thread backfire.

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

Originally Posted by AgentArenas

God forbid someone eat their food in the manner theyd prefer to.

God forbid people just eat food the way it's prepared..
grin.gif

you ham and eggers look ******ed when you're dumping garlic all over a slice of pizza.

Whats most wrong with your point is that youre assuming these people are eating these foods for the first time... If I always go to __ pizza place and I always put ___ on the pizza, Im not going to taste it everytime before I season it...
Why are you still going there if you don't like the pizza the way it comes out though?
laugh.gif

Seems petty, some people just like their food to taste a certain way.
Exactly... some people just like all their food to taste the SAME way. like cheap seasonings.
roll.gif
Thats not "not liking how it comes out" (no ayo), thats supplementing the pizza. Im not pulling mozzarella cheese out of my pocket in the middle of dinner - ITS PLACED ON THE TABLE. Its a common used, socially accepted topping - no different from ketchup on fries.

You get pissed at people who dont drink straight black coffee? Same concept.

If i see somebody dump a quart of milk and 5 cups of sugar into a cup of coffee i think to myself "why doesn't think person just go order a hot chocolate, they obviously dont' like the taste of coffee".

How am I wrong in thinking so?

If i see somebody pour a bunch of A-1 over a nice steak, they obviously prefer the taste of A-1 to their steak.

I think the heart of the matter here is that you guys all do the things I'm accusing you of... and everyone's getting a little tight at being called out.

First off, you disliking my hypothetical eating habits on a message board wont piss me off. Sorry I dont think like a 12 year old.

Second, even back when I ate meat, I never liked any seasoning on my food. I hated marinades and I would usually have stuff plain (I could eat pounds ofstraight up plain shrimp sauteed over white rice with olive oil) - So I definitely can appreciate a food without pouring sauce all over it.

As far as the coffee - I like the taste of coffee, but different people have different preferences as far as strength. If Im having cheaper coffee Ill use aton of creamer/sugar because generally a cheaper coffee is much more bitter. If im using my french press and using my own coffee Ill barely put anything..

Its all PREFERENCE.

Right, everyone is wrong and you are right and we are insecure because some of us listen to what we want rather than simply going with how a chef prepared the food. If a chef doesn't know me, why would he know my taste buds? It's stupid to not augment something in a way that will make me like it more just because I didn't go to culinary school or something.

Yes, because generally speaking the majority is on the smart side of issues.
eyes.gif
love that argument... that's why Britney Spears was a plantinum selling artists so many times, because she obviously makes great music and is ahuge talent.
laugh.gif

I don't expect most of you to get it. I just know that grown-ups (not adults, grown-ups) don't dunk all their food in things like ketchup and cheapseasonings... that's what children do.

Yes, because generally speaking the majority is on the smart side of issues.
eyes.gif
love that argument... that's why Britney Spears was a plantinum selling artists so many times, because she obviously makes great music and is a huge talent.
laugh.gif

I don't expect most of you to get it. I just know that grown-ups (not adults, grown-ups) don't dunk all their food in things like ketchup and cheap seasonings... that's what children do.

Yes children. Listen to this man. Real grown ups, (not adults, grown ups) finished their unseasoned, perfectly prepared food, and then speak about theirdisdain for the common peasants on an online message board.

'tis the civilized way, I tell you.

grin.gif

you ham and eggers look ******ed when you're dumping garlic all over a slice of pizza.

Whats most wrong with your point is that youre assuming these people are eating these foods for the first time... If I always go to __ pizza place and I always put ___ on the pizza, Im not going to taste it everytime before I season it...
Why are you still going there if you don't like the pizza the way it comes out though?
laugh.gif

Exactly... some people just like all their food to taste the SAME way. like cheap seasonings.
roll.gif
Thats not "not liking how it comes out" (no ayo), thats supplementing the pizza. Im not pulling mozzarella cheese out of my pocket in the middle of dinner - ITS PLACED ON THE TABLE. Its a common used, socially accepted topping - no different from ketchup on fries.

You get pissed at people who dont drink straight black coffee? Same concept.

If i see somebody dump a quart of milk and 5 cups of sugar into a cup of coffee i think to myself "why doesn't think person just go order a hot chocolate, they obviously dont' like the taste of coffee".

How am I wrong in thinking so?

If i see somebody pour a bunch of A-1 over a nice steak, they obviously prefer the taste of A-1 to their steak.

I think the heart of the matter here is that you guys all do the things I'm accusing you of... and everyone's getting a little tight at being called out.

First off, you disliking my hypothetical eating habits on a message board wont piss me off. Sorry I dont think like a 12 year old.

Second, even back when I ate meat, I never liked any seasoning on my food. I hated marinades and I would usually have stuff plain (I could eat pounds of straight up plain shrimp sauteed over white rice with olive oil) - So I definitely can appreciate a food without pouring sauce all over it.

As far as the coffee - I like the taste of coffee, but different people have different preferences as far as strength. If Im having cheaper coffee Ill use a ton of creamer/sugar because generally a cheaper coffee is much more bitter. If im using my french press and using my own coffee Ill barely put anything..

Its all PREFERENCE.

I understand people have preferences...

but the bottom line with that in mind, is that people prefer the taste of seasonings over the taste of actual food products.

Who doesn't eat their steaks with steak sauce?

I always put salt n peeper on my pizzas. Not a lot but I always put it, that's the way I like it.

Originally Posted by Master Zik

I always put salt n peeper on my pizzas. Not a lot but I always put it, that's the way I like it.

what kind of tonka trucks did you get for xmas this year?

Funny how youre the one claiming to be the adult.

And even if you did see that, it's just plain nosy of you to even watch as the person made their coffee satisfactory to their preferences. And, for lack ofa better word, ******ed for you to care enough to pass judgement on these strangers.

Now you're just being an elitist $+#%*$$%%. You're acting more immature than someone who seasons their food (and how !%+%+%% stupid does that sound?)

If I'm eating pizza, and have crushed red peppers readily available I'm putting them on top. I like spice and heat. Tabasco on the table? You betI'm throwing some dabs on there, too. I know how I like my pizza. It either makes the pizza even better or a bad slice bearable. The only pizza thatI've genuinely liked and think of no need to put extra condiments/toppings on it Chicago deep dish. This is just one thing though.

I'm not a fan of salt, only on McDs fries. In fact, when I eat a baked potato I'd rather just eat it straight up.

If it's extreme like a quart of milk or a bottle of parmesan, ok, I get it.

If me putting condiments on a meal says that I don't like the dish at hand then so be it, I have the option to make it what I want so I'm going to.

Originally Posted by Gordonson

And even if you did see that, it's just plain nosy of you to even watch as the person made their coffee satisfactory to their preferences. And, for lack of a better word, ******ed for you to care enough to pass judgement on these strangers.
laugh.gif
yeah... you've never watched anybody else at arestaurant or coffee shop... okay.

You guys sound ridiculous in defending your child-like habits.

Seriously... Ketchup should not be used by anybody past the age of 15... if you can't understand why such things seem childish, well then this entire topicis just above your head.

This is the same board where dudes are constantly acting like they're "doing it", yet you're all defending the use of things like ketchup.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Now you're just being an elitist $+#%*$$%%. You're acting more immature than someone who seasons their food (and how !%+%+%% stupid does that sound?)
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

And even if you did see that, it's just plain nosy of you to even watch as the person made their coffee satisfactory to their preferences. And, for lack of a better word, ******ed for you to care enough to pass judgement on these strangers.
laugh.gif
yeah... you've never watched anybody else at a restaurant or coffee shop... okay.

Seriously... Ketchup should not be used by anybody past the age of 15... if you can't understand why such things seem childish, well then this entire topic is just above your head.

This is the same board where dudes are constantly acting like they're "doing it", yet you're all defending the use of things like ketchup.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Now you're just being an elitist $+#%*$$%%.

Hm, I'd imagine it's called "steak sauce" because it goes on steak. Didn't think it would be a cardinal sin.

I will agree that ketchup is definitely a horrible condiment on anything except cheeseburgers.

laugh.gif
yeah... you've never watched anybody else at a restaurant or coffee shop... okay.

Seriously... Ketchup should not be used by anybody past the age of 15... if you can't understand why such things seem childish, well then this entire topic is just above your head.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

You're right, how dare I mind my own business?
grin.gif

I'm lost. Are you implying I am a child because I put salt and pepper on my pizza and eat my steaks with some steak sauce on the side?

It doesn't even make sense that's how unfunny you are. You fail if that was some type of insult.

Originally Posted by AiRodney23

Hm, I'd imagine it's called "steak sauce" because it goes on steak. Didn't think it would be a cardinal sin.

I will agree that ketchup is definitely a horrible condiment on anything except cheeseburgers.
just cuz they call it that doesn't mean you have to use it.

i could think of a thousand inappropriate jokes to prove the point right now, but most would probably get me banned.

i could think of a thousand inappropriate jokes to prove the point right now, but most would probably get me banned.
First good idea you've ever had. Go for it.

But it was made to compliment the food. If someone is using it on their steak, why should it matter to you? You don't like steak sauce on your steak,awesome. The next man slathers it with A1? Well damn, that's his meal.

Jay already said it, "What you eat don't make me *%*$".

grin.gif

laugh.gif

roll.gif

@#@$!! I dont think the person eating the food brought that stuff into the eatery in their pockets. I think its there for people to use(You do oryou dont). Maybe im crazy? I dont put seasoning on anything because im picky, but i think it helps bring more flavor out of the food. Your trying to make everyone fit your idea, and your idea is not even good.

laugh.gif

because they like the pizza with the seasoning. whenever i go to a restaurant, i taste the food as itoriginally is; then if i feel like it would taste better with seasoning, i will add it on. i put...
sriracha and hoisen in my pho (which everybody does even the chefs and workers themselves, and yes i have actually seen them do this)
hot sauce and/or barbeque sauce on my ribs
hot sauce or ketchup on my eggs
pepper flakes, cheese, and ranch on my pizza
soy sauce and wasabi on my sushi.

i bet your
mad.gif
right now cause, as culinary untrained that i am, i put allthose seasonings in my food. how dare i.

First good idea you've ever had. Go for it.

laugh.gif
yeah and i'm the one who's mad.

You guys are too funny... getting tight over me mocking your childish eating habits.

It doesn't truly matter to me what you do when you eat, i just thought there might be someone else on here who shared the annoyance with me of seeingpeople throw crap on their food as a rule. Apparently I underestimated the class of NT though.
laugh.gif

And I was gonna take you out to dinner with a truck full of black females, Craftsy. Guess I'll have to nix that idea
laugh.gif

I understand your point. You just did an extremely poor job of explaining yourself and giving good examples. I also don't pay attention to other people atrestaurants. I'll look at their food to see how it looks and to help me decide what I want to order, but I've honestly never watched people putcondiments on their food.

Back
Top Bottom