Asics Love?!? Where is it?

Speaking of Asics on the low... idk if anyone is into the GT Cool, but you can get some pretty good deals via amazon:

Amazon product ASIN B00FL2HX4I
Amazon product ASIN B00GN6854I
Amazon product ASIN B00HTADNJY
Depending on your size you can cop these for under 30 bucks and most sizes are prime eligible. 

Throw some rope laces in and spruce em up, not too bad. I've had several people tell me that shoe above was their fav in my collection... nooooooooo not that one 
roll.gif

I have never had a pair of cools. They have always looked odd in pics but maybe they are better on feet. 

How is the comfort on these? Similar to GL3s? $30 is a hell of a price. 

I posted a progress shot of these salmon toe customs Ive been working on a while back. I finally put the finishing touches on them.  Better than spending a grand on a pair to me.

Got to wear em a little bit last night. I love how they looked on feet. Hope you guys enjoy. 
looks good fam
smokin.gif

what paint did you use for the salmon part?

I have never had a pair of cools. They have always looked odd in pics but maybe they are better on feet. 

How is the comfort on these? Similar to GL3s? $30 is a hell of a price. 
Very comparable to the GLIII, and those pairs on amazon are much softer/less rigid/ more comfortable when compared to the nightshades in my opinion. 

looks good fam
smokin.gif

what paint did you use for the salmon part?
Appreciate it man. I actually used angelus suede dye as the toe on the snowmans is a nubuck/suede (not real sure what it is lol) material. I had to mix my own color tho cause there isnt any salmon dye on the market. 

Appreciate it man. I actually used angelus suede dye as the toe on the snowmans is a nubuck/suede (not real sure what it is lol) material. I had to mix my own color tho cause there isnt any salmon dye on the market. 

ah suede dye, cause i was thinking to paint my snowman but have no idea which one should i go with the leather or the suede lol
thanks fam for the help!

ah suede dye, cause i was thinking to paint my snowman but have no idea which one should i go with the leather or the suede lol
thanks fam for the help!
Honestly leather dye may work on the toe box also. It was kind of trial and error for me haha

I dont want to come off as a hater, but I think its super weird to make a salmon toe custom on a gl3. That shoe already exists. The time and effort into making them could have been spent on a better, more original colorway which is kind of the essence of customs. Not copying a hyped item. Just my personal opinion. 

I dont want to come off as a hater, but I think its super weird to make a salmon toe custom on a gl3. That shoe already exists. The time and effort into making them could have been spent on a better, more original colorway which is kind of the essence of customs. Not copying a hyped item. Just my personal opinion. 
time and effort for a few days or 1k for a pair of shoes. Think 95% of the people with the skill to do so would rather go with the time and effort

time and effort for a few days or 1k for a pair of shoes. Think 95% of the people with the skill to do so would rather go with the time and effort
ya i agree... maybe if the shoe wasn't basically impossible to acquire otherwise. 

For me, it was a matter of means. I love the salmon toe colorway and think its a classic. Im not doing it for the hype or to sell and profit off someone elses design...I made them as a personal pair that i can enjoy wearing and not just watch em sit in the closet.  They have always been top of my list but as i cant afford a pair i did what i could to satisfy my craving. 

I do agree customs are a great way to be creative and make your own original colorway. My next pair will be just that. 

To each their own. 

Yea I hear you. I possess the time and effort to make them, what I am saying is that time and effort in my opinion would be much better served as making something original thats a 1 of 1. Not a replica of an already produced shoe that fetches more money than I want to spend. 

i can understand both sides of the argument

but if you have the means to make customs i would think you would want create your own color way instead of mimicking something already made

For me, it was a matter of means. I love the salmon toe colorway and think its a classic. Im not doing it for the hype or to sell and profit off someone elses design...I made them as a personal pair that i can enjoy wearing and not just watch em sit in the closet.  They have always been top of my list but as i cant afford a pair i did what i could to satisfy my craving. 

I do agree customs are a great way to be creative and make your own original colorway. My next pair will be just that. 

To each their own. 
thats fair. But part of me feels like its cheating. or like sewing on a supreme box label on a hoodie because they cost $400... 

Last edited:
for me there's nothing wrong with "copying" a popular shoe. with all those limited stuff, at least for me, it's just that i often really like the cw and thats about it. i couldn't care less, if it was a GR or a collab with the allmighty himself. and if you miss out on the release, why not just make it yourself? especially if you are as skilled as him.

for me there's nothing wrong with "copying" a popular shoe. with all those limited stuff, at least for me, it's just that i often really like the cw and thats about it. i couldn't care less, if it was a GR or a collab with the allmighty himself. and if you miss out on the release, why not just make it yourself? especially if you are as skilled as him.
No shots and its all love, but this type of attitude is just false for the most part. Not you specifically but in general. I am unsure why people are ashamed to say they like exclusivity when thats part of the reason all of us got into sneakers! I ******* love it. Its why I like making customs. literally nobody has the shoes I make. Nobody. 

No shots and its all love, but this type of attitude is just false for the most part. Not you specifically but in general. I am unsure why people are ashamed to say they like exclusivity when thats part of the reason all of us got into sneakers! I ******* love it. Its why I like making customs. literally nobody has the shoes I make. Nobody. 
It all comes down to an individuals motivation. For you, its seems, that you enjoy customizing because you have the power to make something no one else has. As a creative person i understand and respect that. 

For me, I enjoy customizing a pair of sneaks because it makes it way more fun to wear my own work. Yes, the salmon toes are copying another shoe but i still love em. Thats why we all are here in the first place. We love shoes. haha

Its a touchy subject but we just have to disagree on this one. 

Back
Top Bottom