Asics Love?!? Where is it?

Prez i dont really understand your statement. 

Dirty, yes the password prompt was a mistake, but that was the first time it ever happened.  the demand for nikes/jordans is higher only in respect to the amount of people, not the amount of shoes produced.  if you want to compare then you need to compare by percentages.

Asics X RF Leatherbacks:  about 300 produced, about 30,000 people wanted them

Jordan XI Black/reds:  about 500,000 produced, maybe one million wanted them.

Was the supply less than the demand in each case? of course.  But look at the ratios.  Roughly half the people should have been able to get jordans but only one percent who wanted them were able to get the leatherbacks.

Add the fact that RF asics are only sold out of Kith stores (two permanent at this point) and through their webpage and it is pretty amazing that the big releases have gone off with only minor issues on a couple of them.

jordan xis on the other hand were and are still being sold out of every retail spot you can think of across the WORLD.

trust me, there is no comparison.  jordans are one of, if not the easiest shoes to get.

my point is you arent comparing apples to apples with respect to the TYPE or release

the leatherback release was basically a hyperstrike/tier 0 in terms of numbers and locations to buy them , while Bred XIs were a GR release . if you compare a GR Asics release to a GR Jordans release -- or conversely a hyperstrike Jordan release to a hyperstrike Asics release -- the demand for Jordans is much higher

also -- where are your numbers coming from ?

Last edited:
Prez i dont really understand your statement. 

Dirty, yes the password prompt was a mistake, but that was the first time it ever happened.  the demand for nikes/jordans is higher only in respect to the amount of people, not the amount of shoes produced.  if you want to compare then you need to compare by percentages.

Asics X RF Leatherbacks:  about 300 produced, about 30,000 people wanted them

Jordan XI Black/reds:  about 500,000 produced, maybe one million wanted them.

Was the supply less than the demand in each case? of course.  But look at the ratios.  Roughly half the people should have been able to get jordans but only one percent who wanted them were able to get the leatherbacks.

Add the fact that RF asics are only sold out of Kith stores (two permanent at this point) and through their webpage and it is pretty amazing that the big releases have gone off with only minor issues on a couple of them.

jordan xis on the other hand were and are still being sold out of every retail spot you can think of across the WORLD.

trust me, there is no comparison.  jordans are one of, if not the easiest shoes to get.
The supply produced can be calculated, but the demand cannot be quantified.

The diffculty level of obtaining jordans depends on who is obtaining them and their resources. Somebody in IOWA where Jordans rarely are released will have a much harder time getting a pair.

Either way, won't indulge any further. I'm just looking forward to this release and hopefully I get through. Only gotten through once before.

Prez, were comparing brands, not type of releases.  even under your requirements, Asics GRs (classics) are only around one maybe two thousand pairs anyways.  so it still doesnt matter.  the ratio of people trying to get the shoes shows that (percentage wise) RFs and even the asics grs are way harder to get now

The supply produced can be calculated, but the demand cannot be quantified.

The diffculty level of obtaining jordans depends on who is obtaining them and their resources. Somebody in IOWA where Jordans rarely are released will have a much harder time getting a pair.

Either way, won't indulge any further. I'm just looking forward to this release and hopefully I get through. Only gotten through once before.
um yes it can, i just did it for you.  obviously those arent exact numbers but they are pretty darn close. 

and your Iowa statement emphasizes my original point:  jordans may be SLIGHTLY DIFFICULT for that person to get but i guarantee it is MUCH MUCH harder for them to get a pair of Asic collabs

Ok enough bickering and ECP talk. Who else is super exicted for these? I just got the news that unfortunately they are gonna be pretty limited not a GR like people were expecting. Based off of how fast the GRs have been going I would say that these are not gonna be super easy to get so keep your eyes peeled for unannounced drops. Honestly this has to be my favorite non collab gl3 in a long time. I personally like them more than either pair from the ECP, dat color blocking is just tooooooo nice. If asics stays on the path of putting out solid stuff like these, I'm gonna be VERY happy.

Ok enough bickering and ECP talk. Who else is super exicted for these? I just got the news that unfortunately they are gonna be pretty limited not a GR like people were expecting. Based off of how fast the GRs have been going I would say that these are not gonna be super easy to get so keep your eyes peeled for unannounced drops. Honestly this has to be my favorite non collab gl3 in a long time. I personally like them more than either pair from the ECP, dat color blocking is just tooooooo nice. If asics stays on the path of putting out solid stuff like these, I'm gonna be VERY happy.
just forgot ANY thoughts about trying to get the ecp's, I'll definitely be trying for these! thanks for the info sir, repped. That inner lining looks awesome. I know you said unnannounced drop, but is that the most info you have on the release? 

I've been waiting for those since last Fall. I love gray shoes and blue is my favorite color, so these are a have must. I'll probably even pre order them if that pops up anywhere. 

If anybody gets any news on these throughout the next couple of months, I'd appreciate if you let anybody know. These are great looking. 

Release date?

Friend that is one of the biggest asics fans I know just got the info, and he has never been wrong in the past. No set release date yet but expect them early fall this year. Knowing the past asics releases they will be hitting Europe first. So don't be surprised if they show up for pre order on the regular euro spots sometime soon. Ill keep everyone posted with info as it develops. I have heard September/October as far as the US release goes.

Last edited:

these are my fav colorway of the year . will definitely be on the lookout for these

from what ive heard so far , these are going to be a fall release

It's good to see that a lot of people are pumped for the urban camos. If the community really shows their support and love for those, then asics will continue to put out stuff like it.

I'm happy that there isn't some stupid collab attached to them so that the people that are actually in to asics will have a much greater chance at getting them.

Clean!

Give me these over most RF designs

Damn. Been hyped since photos dropped for UC. One site had a preorder already (170ish IIRC). Now for the salt...many of us knew about these...why'd ya hafta post the pics during the ECP hype :frown: lol

Damn. Been hyped since photos dropped for UC. One site had a preorder already (170ish IIRC). Now for the salt...many of us knew about these...why'd ya hafta post the pics during the ECP hype :frown: lol

:lol:

Oct release date is far away enough for people who aren't really about it to forget

Oct release date is far away enough for people who aren't really about it to forget
Exactly, plus it doesn't hurt to show some of the new guys that there are some great asics outside of RF designs. Who knows, maybe a couple will stick around and start contributing to the thread.

Good thing I hit up that preorder

Exactly, plus it doesn't hurt to show some of the new guys that there are some great asics outside of RF designs. Who knows, maybe a couple will stick around and start contributing to the thread.

If they are interested in what Asics has to offer beyond RF stuff, they will find out just in time. let's not show any interest and cop in silence. Resellers smell anticipated releases like sharks smell blood man. Look at how long the Yin Yang pack sat before it sold, Zappos even had them on sale at some point last year.

Back
Top Bottom