Asics Love?!? Where is it?

Flamingos are nice but not worth $500 IMO.  There isnt a release from the past few years that I'd pay that much for.  
There isn't a release from the past EVER that I'd pay that much for.  Word is bond. 
grin.gif

Last edited:
If you have the $ and really want them. Pay the $500. This "game" we're involved in is only getting worse

If you have the $ and really want them. Pay the $500. This "game" we're involved in is only getting worse
This.

We all view and assign "value" differently. For every person that tells you "don't spend that much", "paying these prices only helps resellers keep them high", etc, there is a line of individuals behind them willing to pay. It is like any other market.

Only questions you should be asking is 1. How bad do I want them? 2. What am I willing to pay?

As long as it is not interfering with your life or those depending on you and all other priorities in your life are being met then do and pay what you want with that $$$.

By feeding the resellers we're contributing to the downfall of this so-called game.
I do think there is a difference tho between feeding the resellers who cop the latest release just to put it online and try to make a few bucks and feeding the "resellers" who are just collectors selling off old rare pairs for market price. As nice as it would be to cop a old ronnie release for retail thats never gonna happen. 

Those of you who never ever pay resell...does that mean when you sell a wanted pair 5 years down the road do you sell for retail or do you "resell" for profit at a fair market price? Probably the later. My point is, people will continue to pay resell price for the wanted pairs. Thats not ruining the game. Buying from a reseller 2 days after the release for 50% more is.

I do think there is a difference tho between feeding the resellers who cop the latest release just to put it online and try to make a few bucks and feeding the "resellers" who are just collectors selling off old rare pairs for market price. As nice as it would be to cop a old ronnie release for retail thats never gonna happen. 

Those of you who never ever pay resell...does that mean when you sell a wanted pair 5 years down the road do you sell for retail or do you "resell" for profit at a fair market price? Probably the later. My point is, people will continue to pay resell price for the wanted pairs. Thats not ruining the game. Buying from a reseller 2 days after the release for 50% more is.
I realize everyone's situation is different and pass no judgement on anyone for doing what they feel is right, but I see a clear contradiction in somebody encouraging someone else to buy a sneaker on the resale market while at the same time lamenting the downfall of the sneaker game.  Personally, if I miss out on a release I move on to the next one because in my reality there are more releases that I want than I can afford to buy anyway.  If I happen to come across somebody selling a pair for retail + ship (or maybe even a small amount extra for their time) I'll cop.

Being a size 13 its resale or die for most releases anymore because every F-tard thinks they can make a living reselling sneakers. I'm going to start collecting sandals or some ****

Prices are just going up on new releases and sometimes the quality can't compare to that of older releases. This is especially true for Jordan releases. I paid a similar amount for DS 2001 columbia XI's about a year before the legend blues released. These days... I usually just pass on releases that I miss and either go back to pick up older releases or just view it as money saved.

Back
Top Bottom