Asics Love?!? Where is it?

I know for sure they gave rope laces in Brooklyn... but obviously not to everybody...
Yeah i doubt it. Cause i dont have them and i'm really close with them. The guys told that they were suppose to have them but something happen

I need to see some prove and then i shut up ahaha

I think you're confusing asics for new balance. I definitely don't associate GR asics with superior quality in most cases. $132 for synthetic materials is taxing. Point blank.

I liked the St A's as soon as I saw pics of them. They kinda remind me of something Jack Tripper would be wearing on an episode of Threes Company. Lol! They just have that early 80's look... I can dig it. Patiently waiting for them to arrive to see if I feel the same once I have them in hand.

Yeah i doubt it. Cause i dont have them and i'm really close with them. The guys told that they were suppose to have them but something happen

I need to see some prove and then i shut up ahaha
Maybe y'all are not as close as you think y'all are cuz a  friend of mine asked and got a pair of white and blue rope laces, same way NYMNYKfan (check his picture) and this dude from FB got their pair of laces... I don't know but they definitely gave them to some people in BK...

Last edited:
I'm not local so rope laces from kith don't look like they're in my future but I just got some reebok dmx runs x Sns and those come with four laces I will just swap the white ones in.

In terms of fit, how do GT-IIs run nowadays?
I wear an 11.5 mostly, 12 in Gel Lyte IIIs though.

Last edited:
I agree & when you look at it when they dropped 5 years ago they were retailed for 80$ granted they were Womens sizes, but most definitely taxing. 

It looks like St. Alfred's site has updated once again and removed that message that they are upgrading the server. They might actually release this month if we are lucky!

Never thought my footlocker would carry asics until I saw these today...

I agree & when you look at it when they dropped 5 years ago they were retailed for 80$ granted they were Womens sizes, but most definitely taxing. 
That's irrelevant. First, like you said they were women's. The market for Asics then was nothing like it is now. They were released in limited quantities with RF/Kith attached to it. The last point is clearly the biggest reason for the price hike, justified or not, but all of those factors add up...the sneaker market (I hate the term game) is nothing like it was and just about anything that people believe will sell out commands higher prices.

I mean, it's different to some extent with Nike but $200 or more for Lebrons or Jordan IIis, $150 for some Sauconys, etc. Things are really out of control and that's before they hit the secondary/resale market where they have no trouble selling at twice those amounts.

Back to Asics though, the white/orange/purple GLIII sat on sale racks years ago. Materials don't even matter, it's all about demand. Going away from Asics again, Jordan's and other Nikes are consistently released using subpar construction and materials and they sell above these prices with ease.

That's irrelevant. First, like you said they were women's. The market for Asics then was nothing like it is now. They were released in limited quantities with RF/Kith attached to it. The last point is clearly the biggest reason for the price hike, justified or not, but all of those factors add up...the sneaker market (I hate the term game) is nothing like it was and just about anything that people believe will sell out commands higher prices.

I mean, it's different to some extent with Nike but $200 or more for Lebrons or Jordan IIis, $150 for some Sauconys, etc. Things are really out of control and that's before they hit the secondary/resale market where they have no trouble selling at twice those amounts.

Back to Asics though, the white/orange/purple GLIII sat on sale racks years ago. Materials don't even matter, it's all about demand. Going away from Asics again, Jordan's and other Nikes are consistently released using subpar construction and materials and they sell above these prices with ease.
// Yeah I understand that the market has changed it still a price hike, I also concur with it comes down to a supply & demand factor. I just wish I could have obtained a women's size 12 for 80$ back in 09' when I checked pys

Last edited:
Lol Proto is writing essays on why he doesn't like the St. A's every time they're mentioned.

He's obviously mad he couldn't snatch a pair :rofl:. Just ignore him

Anyways my Saint Alfred's come in tomorrow. Think I'm definitely going with the tan laces on my pair to compliment the soles :pimp:

yeah right... i didn't even try to get them... i slept in and came on here and laughed later that day, cuz i know if they were a GR almost none of y'all would be copping...

mayor, shouldn't you be going away now, at least until the next hyped release?... cya later fella... :lol:

and i don't get "sneakerheads" on these forums... how is 4 or 5 sentences an essay? are all of you really lacking that much in the reading comprehension department? :lol:

Last edited:
I don't care how long your posts are but I've definitely noticed that you seem to be putting effort into making sure it's known how ugly you think the St Alfred's GLIII are & how they're old men's shoes. It's a little much.

I was wide awake but didn't even try to get them, not a fan either.

I don't care how long your posts are but I've definitely noticed that you seem to be putting effort into making sure it's known how ugly you think the St Alfred's GLIII are & how they're old men's shoes. It's a little much.

I was wide awake but didn't even try to get them, not a fan either.
he clearly has no idea what old man shoes are.
@Dj proto I'd love to hear some of your dj work and see what stellar taste in music you have...it will be the ultimate irony if someone calling themselves a dj actually has terrible taste in what they identify with (which I can't see being anything but the case). Hopefully you're not just that guy that puts dj in your name, but I won't hold my breath.

Never mind I found your twitter and soundcloud. I was totally right and it wasn't even worth writing that paragraph. Hopefully someone is paying you for your bad trap mashups.

Last edited:
I know Proto's making his stand, but you guys just look offended that he & many others aren't hyping-up the shoes as much as you thought they would. Looks sad that you have to try and make it personal. Regardless, the shoes aren't bad, but they're also not great. I sold mine purely because I didn't like them in-person. Since you guys eat-up anything & everything lately, it was any easy choice...

Last edited:
I know Proto's making his stand, but you guys just look offended that he & many others aren't hyping-up the shoes as much as you thought they would. Looks sad that you have to try and make it personal. Regardless, the shoes aren't bad, but they're also not great. I sold mine purely because I didn't like them in-person. Since you guys eat-up anything & everything lately, it was any easy choice...

this.

i have been vocal about not liking them, and prolly a lil' too much... i just think it's ridiculous how these would be passed on and hated on hard by most of you if they were a GR, but like sniper has said above, people are eating up any and everything lately, especially limited collabs, cuz asics are all the rage right now (just goes along with what i suspect of a lot of people in this "game" these days, they don't even know what they like, they just buy what they know is limited and what might make them "cool", what's considered "hot" at the moment)... as i've always said tho, if you really like them, then more power to you, and i hope you got your pair for retail.

and lamont, i'm not even gonna really address that. i'll just say i've been a full time working DJ for many years and have made a very successful living at it. taste in music is subjective, and i couldn't possibly care less what your taste is... but nice to hear you care about mine... :wink:

Last edited:
this.

i have been vocal about not liking them, and prolly a lil' too much... i just think it's ridiculous how these would be passed on and hated on hard by most of you if they were a GR, but like sniper has said above, people are eating up any and everything lately, especially limited collabs, cuz asics are all the rage right now (just goes along with what i suspect of a lot of people in this "game" these days, they don't even know what they like, they just buy what they know is limited and what might make them "cool", what's considered "hot" at the moment)... as i've always said tho, if you really like them, then more power to you, and i hope you got your pair for retail.

and lamont, i'm not even gonna really address that. i'll just say i've been a full time working DJ for many years and have made a very successful living at it. taste in music is subjective, and i couldn't possibly care less what your taste is... but nice to hear you care about mine...
wink.gif
well said.  repped.

i always find it funny when people need to resort to personal attacks when others criticize something they like. 

Proto doesn't like St. Al's, so you go out of your way to find his soundcloud and knock his work?  makes sense  
eyes.gif

It's called subjectivity... some people need to learn it.

Last edited:
can we stop wasting pages arguing about who likes what and why?? everyone just accept other peoples' being in here, regardless of their reasoning.
he clearly has no idea what old man shoes are.
@Dj proto I'd love to hear some of your dj work and see what stellar taste in music you have...it will be the ultimate irony if someone calling themselves a dj actually has terrible taste in what they identify with (which I can't see being anything but the case). Hopefully you're not just that guy that puts dj in your name, but I won't hold my breath.

Never mind I found your twitter and soundcloud. I was totally right and it wasn't even worth writing that paragraph. Hopefully someone is paying you for your bad trap mashups.
i know im kind of back-peddling on what i just said, but Is this what you do?? stop being a creeper bro; you look exceptionally poor right now.

Last edited:
Lmfaoo at Lamont looking up Proto. Going out his way just to look up someone he doesn't know on a forum, think I seen it all for the hate in proto. Not sure why proto receives so much hate here.

agree 100%.  i got mine from kith.  waited till i had them in hand to make a final decision.  decided they werent what i wanted so i sold them to an acquaintance for what i paid.
this.

and lamont, i'm not even gonna really address that. i'll just say i've been a full time working DJ for many years and have made a very successful living at it. taste in music is subjective, and i couldn't possibly care less what your taste is... but nice to hear you care about mine...
wink.gif
thats funny cause i never had believed that they went MAIN-mainstream until a couple weeks ago when i was in a jimmy jazz and the employees were straight up beasting over the gl3 super reds i was wearing.  they didnt even know what they were aside from the fact they were asics.  kept talking about how they needed to get some asics and asking where i got mine...

Quality of the SA is just amazing... the upper is so smooth and the leather sock liner smells like good old leather... Im very impressed.

Perhaps the best GL III quality wise...

Back
Top Bottom